Super Bowl #calledit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How can you say every NFL QB is competent. Competent, in my opinion, means not hurting your team when you’re on the field. There are more than a few QBs who hurt their team when they’re on the field.
Let's hope mitch isnt incompetent but let's not settle for your definition of competence pls

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Leomaz

Let me expound

Ommy in his days of "brevity is the soul of wit" occasionally made some funny and clever posts.

Bearmick never lost his edge and all the while has has made provocative statements without being overtly inflammatory.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But his deep ball is trash compared to Rex. Not h8ing, but he's not even close.
thats not a deep ball, thats a hail mary in the middle of games...sometimes on 1st 2nd and 3rd down.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dropped $1k on them at 25 to 1.
You could have gave me the 1K and I could kick you in the nuts. Be about the same.

^ ^ This is the stuff to save away for a rainy March 2020 day to gloat one way or another! But at 25:1 it's not mathematically supposed to happen anyway.

Nagy's rookie year Bears crushed last year's NFC Champs. Weren't world beaters yet (many SB winners aren't), but were damn close & competitive in every game while just getting started. I posted a good dozen reasons to expect as good & better (#75 here).

Seems to me (due to years of bad to mediocre regimes) we fans put the rest of the league on a pedestal as if a SB is some impossible dream. It's not that far fetched.

Kinda nice to back up my claims from a spring ago when this place was feeling bleak AF...

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lol dont go down the path of grotesque generalizations pls

Ommy and bearmick arent even in the same universe.
Then he should act like it. It seems unless you are of the same opinion of Mitch as he is then you are vilified.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@Leomaz

Let me expound

Ommy in his days of "brevity is the soul of wit" occasionally made some funny and clever posts.

Bearmick never lost his edge and all the while has has made provocative statements without being overtly inflammatory.
Ok.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How drunk did you get after Liverpool winning the Champions? 2 day bender?

Not too bad. I have to assume winning the CL as a Liverpool fan is like winning the SB as a Steelers fan. Great when it happens, but not the unique lifetime memory it is for some people.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then he should act like it. It seems unless you are of the same opinion of Mitch as he is then you are not vilified.

Vilified ? Oh the drama!!

It's ok to discuss Bears players in a Bears forum. Disagreement is not vilification. Relax. I'm not the only one who thought your comment about Trubisky being #1 or tied for #1 in the NFL in QB competence to be ridiculous.

Also, if someone doesn't think the QB is as good as you think he is, that doesn't mean the person dislikes the QB. That's really quite a sappy way to think about things.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just find it funny that some believe Trubs has "made" it or has graduated to elite status when in fact, he could easily regress this upcoming season. He has a lot to prove and wasn't that impressive last season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find it funny that if your opinion about anything related to Bears football is closer to the norm of neutral fans and analysts across the country than it is to homers on a Bears message board, then it means you hate your own team and players. It's so comically irrational.

This is especially the case with QBs. Never have i seen a football fan base choddle mediocrity like CCS does with Bears QBs.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Vilified ? Oh the drama!!

It's ok to discuss Bears players in a Bears forum. Disagreement is not vilification. Relax. I'm not the only one who thought your comment about Trubisky being #1 or tied for #1 in the NFL in QB competence to be ridiculous.

Also, if someone doesn't think the QB is as good as you think he is, that doesn't mean the person dislikes the QB. That's really quite a sappy way to think about things.
Bwahahahahaha

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just find it funny that some believe Trubs has "made" it or has graduated to elite status when in fact, he could easily regress this upcoming season. He has a lot to prove and wasn't that impressive last season.
Not sure if anyone believe he is an elite QB. Not even sure if there is a definitive answer to what is an elite quarterback is and I’m sure there are many answers to that . He did have a good season in a new offense and he seems to be ready to take a step up. It may or may not happen but I and all Bear fans are hoping he does.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I find it funny that if your opinion about anything related to Bears football is closer to the norm of neutral fans and analysts across the country than it is to homers on a Bears message board, then it means you hate your own team and players. It's so comically irrational.

This is especially the case with QBs. Never have i seen a football fan base choddle mediocrity like CCS does with Bears QBs.
Bwahahahahaha

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't the off-season great? ?

Rex definitely had a better deep ball than Trubs, but he also had a much better deep-ball receiver. Berrian had genuine long-speed. I'm not saying Gabriel doesn't, but Berrian used to routinely get behind DBs and I just haven't (yet) routinely seen that kind of separation out of Gabriel, possibly for release reasons. With that being said, Trubisky has not (yet) shown a consistent ability to hit guys deep when they are open. I'd rather have Trubs though as I think his arrow is pointed up.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It sounds like a typical response from Fox, not very well thought out, and not very intellegent.

I know fans (myself included) and the media are making a big deal out of kicker, but a lot of teams enter into a new season needing a change at that position.

I imagine if you told a GM that one of his biggest concerns on the roster would be kicker, he would be pretty damn happy with his off season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I stand by my prediction. This team is really good. And deep.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I stand by my prediction. This team is really good. And deep.
Hell yeah baby I'm with you. At this rate people have to think that taking the division is likely, and if the O can get it rolling by the time the playoffs come around Bears would have to be one of the favorites.

Just gotta take it one game at a time, and pray Mitch ain't out too long.