Tampa, FL

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Anybody here live near Tampa? I just graduated in December from the UMN-TC and I'm off to Tampa, FL for the next stage in life. It's nice wearing shorts and a tshirt in Janurary, and walking along the Gulf after a days work. Anybody have favorite restaurants or bars in the area they want to recommend?

Monster

Liked Posts:
Anybody here live near Tampa? I just graduated in December from the UMN-TC and I'm off to Tampa, FL for the next stage in life. It's nice wearing shorts and a tshirt in Janurary, and walking along the Gulf after a days work. Anybody have favorite restaurants or bars in the area they want to recommend?

Congrats... Exciting time of life. Can't help with your questions, but you're going to have fun figuring them out.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm around Orlando, but I know a few others here live over that way. I'm fairly familiar with the area, but Hillsborough / Pinellas counties are really spread out. Any idea where you're moving more specificly? E.g. downtown, St Pete, up towards Clearwater etc.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Bern's Steakhouse, you'll be needing somewhere to cool off for about 6 months.

Summers on the Gulf are brutal.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Have heard really good things about Berns. Never eaten there myself (yet).

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Thanks for all the responses.

Bern's Steakhouse, you'll be needing somewhere to cool off for about 6 months.

Summers on the Gulf are brutal.

Yeah that's what I hear. I'm excited to try something new. It's a nationwide company and they said they are reasonable with transfer locations so if it's terrible I can relocate again. I'm only 23 so I'm not concerned about settling down now or anything. I'd rather have brutal summers than brutal winters though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
IMO 80's in January totally make up for the brutal summers. Which, by the way aren't THAT much worse than IL. Let's not pretend like it doesn't get hot / humid as hell in the midwest in July - Aug. It just lasts a lot longer here.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah it really isn't much worse. I used to come to Florida for 2 weeks every summer on vacation going to Disney World and stuff like that as a kid, so I've been near here in the middle of summer. It's a lot more humid, but I agree. Wearing flip flops and shorts in the middle of January and early February probably make summers a bit more tolerable

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever you do, fuck some pussy. Fuck lots and lots of pussy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IMO 80's in January totally make up for the brutal summers. Which, by the way aren't THAT much worse than IL. Let's not pretend like it doesn't get hot / humid as hell in the midwest in July - Aug. It just lasts a lot longer here.

Actually it snows here in July/Aug now.... it gets to 100% humidity in like October.... our weather has gone full Hawk.