Tarik Cohen

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of the Jarron Gilbert pool jumping effort. Hopefully Cohen has a better career than he did. I just watched this kid's highlight reel. Reminds me of Darren Sproles. If he's anything similar to Sproles, I'm a happy fan.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's obvious Pace views a Sproles role for this kid. He had a visit to Halas Hall. I figured we'd probably try to grab him in the 5th. Can you imagine trying to tackle this kid after Howard has been pounding you the better part of 4 quarters? I think Carey is done.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reminds me of the Jarron Gilbert pool jumping effort. Hopefully Cohen has a better career than he did. I just watched this kid's highlight reel. Reminds me of Darren Sproles. If he's anything similar to Sproles, I'm a happy fan.

ya, athletic feats dont mean anything

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garrett Wolfe 2.0??

Clearly we like hearing Darren Sprolles 2.0 more.

Total shift of pace & style from Howard, so could carve out a role.

Call me crazy, but I always thought Garrett Wolfe should've had a much better career but was stuck on shitty Bears teams that couldn't block with Legos. Shame of freak speed and talent. Both coming out of mid-level schools with huge numbers behind them. Dominating lower level doesn't always translate though. In 4th & beyond, you take shots. TBD.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Garrett Wolfe 2.0??

Call me crazy, but I always thought Garrett Wolfe should've had a much better career but was stuck on shitty Bears teams that couldn't block with Legos. Shame of freak speed and talent. Both coming out of mid-level schools with huge numbers behind them. Dominating lower level doesn't always translate though. In 4th & beyond, you take shots. TBD.

I agree. I don't think Wolfe got much of a chance and when he did get snaps he seemed to at least be alright. I didn't see any reason for people to say he was terrible. He had good speed but not elite speed for a smaller running back.

I hope it's different with Cohen. As good as Howard was last year, it's good to give the starter a break. Give the 2nd string guy two series and the 3rd string guy can get a few plays, too.

Was Cohen a returner in college? I remember the Bears trying Wolfe out as a kick returner during the preseason.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Garrett Wolfe 2.0??

Bears fans love to give him a hard time, but you can't blame him for Turner running him on dive plays up the middle with a High School OL.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
With all the needs we have why pick another running back??

You arent addressing needs in the fifth round. And personally, I think in the modern NFL it is a good idea to add late round RBs every year or two, and get guys with diverse traits. If this guy makes the final roster, he bumps Langford from the team, which is a plus.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, let's stop with the Wolfe comparisons. Wolfe isn't in the same galaxy as Cohen. I've seen this kid play live and if he sticks the Bears should have something special. He's way better than Langford (he actually catches the ball out of the backfield).

He could be the lightning to Howard's thunder.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. I don't think Wolfe got much of a chance and when he did get snaps he seemed to at least be alright. I didn't see any reason for people to say he was terrible. He had good speed but not elite speed for a smaller running back.

I hope it's different with Cohen. As good as Howard was last year, it's good to give the starter a break. Give the 2nd string guy two series and the 3rd string guy can get a few plays, too.

Was Cohen a returner in college? I remember the Bears trying Wolfe out as a kick returner during the preseason.

In a word yes. He played RB, but I saw him score on both punts and kick-off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's obvious Pace views a Sproles role for this kid. He had a visit to Halas Hall. I figured we'd probably try to grab him in the 5th. Can you imagine trying to tackle this kid after Howard has been pounding you the better part of 4 quarters? I think Carey is done.

Trying to draft Sproles or Jones Drew is like trying to draft Randy Moss. Bears fans already learned this in 2006, but Pace wasn't here for the lesson.