TE Mike Gesicki upset with lack of targets from Dolphins

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trade a 4th round pick and Adam Shaheen.

No one wants Shaheen he is garbage.

I am not sure that we can trade for someone. We need to hold our resources because we are going to have to get back into the QB market soon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This idea was brought up in a article a couple of days ago but they said we should do it for a 5th round pick. I still believe a healthy Shaheen could be very useful but i would do a 5th and Shaheen for Gesicki. Shaheen was showing he can be useful last week but of course Nagy stops going to him.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of dolphins fans aren't too high on the guy. But then again.... he's been playing for the dolphins

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually played this kid twice in high school when he was just starting and I was closer to graduating.

He is an athletic FREAK, I am sure his blocking has improved through Penn St but he is more of a U TE, would be used just like Burton..would not be a good replacement for shaheen as an inline TE.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can Pace trade for a QB instead?

How about Josh Rosen? I don't remember anything about this kid tbh, but the Dolphins seem hell bent on trading every player they have for picks. They will be the #1 pick and take Tua leaving Rosen as the odd man out AGAIN!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Wow. A rookie after his 2nd game is complaining about his role with the team?

I know it's the Dolphins and they are tanking, but a rookie should still put their head down and get to work.

This just stinks of character concerns.

You guys want to trade for a TE. Why not get:

Dwayne Allen
Jermaine Gresham
Clive Walford

Both of those guys actually had moments in their career and are currently unemployed.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wow. A rookie after his 2nd game is complaining about his role with the team?

I know it's the Dolphins and they are tanking, but a rookie should still put their head down and get to work.

This just stinks of character concerns.

You guys want to trade for a TE. Why not get:

Dwayne Allen
Jermaine Gresham
Clive Walford

Both of those guys actually had moments in their career and are currently unemployed.

He's not a rookie.

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
I’d drop a 6 or 7th on Rosen. Hell, sign him for a 4-5 yr contact and I’d say he couldn’t be any worse than Chase. It would also give us a solid project who might just need to sit a year or two in a system. The kid was a smart, productive QB, hasn’t really had a decent Oline or team to show what he can do.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’d drop a 6 or 7th on Rosen. Hell, sign him for a 4-5 yr contact ...
:speechless:

It would also give us a solid project who might just need to sit a year or two in a system.:what:
The kid was a smart, productive QB, hasn’t really had a decent Oline or team to show what he can do.
:javy:
FIFY

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’d drop a 6 or 7th on Rosen. Hell, sign him for a 4-5 yr contact and I’d say he couldn’t be any worse than Chase. It would also give us a solid project who might just need to sit a year or two in a system. The kid was a smart, productive QB, hasn’t really had a decent Oline or team to show what he can do.

I'd take a chance on RG3 or M.Mariota before i'd take a chance on Rosen.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Can Pace trade for a QB instead?

How about Josh Rosen? I don't remember anything about this kid tbh, but the Dolphins seem hell bent on trading every player they have for picks. They will be the #1 pick and take Tua leaving Rosen as the odd man out AGAIN!
SMH

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Let's get Nagy to play QB, he knows the system.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually played this kid twice in high school when he was just starting and I was closer to graduating.

He is an athletic FREAK, I am sure his blocking has improved through Penn St but he is more of a U TE, would be used just like Burton..would not be a good replacement for shaheen as an inline TE.

The fucking main problem was John Fox trying to make Shaheen an inline TE and then the new regime assuming.

SHAHEEN IS NOT AN INLINE TE.

This happened to me in basketball alot because I'm 6'7.5" in basketball world(they measure in shoes for some reason)...so they always expected me to play big when thats not what I am. Asking me to post up is a turnover...but over and over again teams would not only waste me but embarrass me. my natural build is Shaun Livingston, but like Shaheen I lifted hard enough to carry an extra 60 lbs of muscle...but at the end of the day I looked like Tarzan and still played like Shaun Livingston. Thats what I was.

Use Shaheen as a U and as a 3rd down guy and a red zone threat. Thats what he is. Asking him to block destroys his body and his confidence and you don't get the things he CAN DO from him.

I've hated our use of Shaheen from the start. Looks like tarzan, plays like Jane. He can't do those things and never will.