Thai cave rescue, anyone else been following this?

Houston

Liked Posts:
I was gonna say, not unless enough white people save the day so that they can have enough white actors to get the movie funded, but then I remembered Hollywood's tradition of white washing. Carry on...

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
how the hell did they even get in this cave in the first place?

That's what I've been wondering.

"The team had hiked through this cave before

From CNN's Jamie Tarabay

Around 1 p.m. last Saturday, the weather was clear when Prajak Sutham, 14, Pipat Bhodi, 15, and some of their soccer teammates chained their bikes to a rail, hooked their backpacks over their shoulders, and hiked into Tham Luang Nang Non cave in the mountains of northern Thailand.

The 12 boys, members of the Wild Boars soccer team, and their 25-year-old coach, had explored the cave before.

Popular with tourists, it's a place locals know well. For the first kilometer (0.6 miles) or so inside the cavernous entrance, limestone rock formations hug high ceilings, creating an almost amphitheater-like atmosphere.

Deeper inside, the passages narrow into places the locals warn it's not safe to go.

For reasons unknown, the boys and their coach ventured on, deeper into the cave network, past signs that warn people not to enter during the rainy season, which usually begins in July."

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thai cave rescue underway: officials confirm operation has begun for12 Boys & Coach
DhkLcE5U0AU1vSY.jpg:large

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone who goes exploring in caves should do so at their own risk, and without outside help if something goes wrong.

That's not the way humans function.

If someone drinks and drives, speeds, plays a risky sport like football, rock climbs, sky dives, races cars, bungee jumps takes a plane, smokes, etc should they be denied outside help?

Liked Posts:
That's not the way humans function.

If someone drinks and drives, speeds, plays a risky sport like football, rock climbs, sky dives, races cars, bungee jumps takes a plane, smokes, etc should they be denied outside help?

No, just cave exploring and diving with Great White Sharks.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone who goes exploring in caves should do so at their own risk, and without outside help if something goes wrong.

I would be interested to see you and Houston make the decision to leave 12 teenage boys trapped in a cave.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whomever is at fault should pay for the rescue opps.

This I can approach agreement on, or heavy tax on spelunking equipment, lol. I get your point. A lot of resources and people go into rescuing inexperienced hikers and climbers here in BC, some rescuers losing their lives. I'm all for a rethink, but I doubt there's much traction there.

But by no means does anyone not deserve outside help.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This I can approach agreement on, or heavy tax on spelunking equipment, lol. I get your point. A lot of resources and people go into rescuing inexperienced hikers and climbers here in BC, some rescuers losing their lives. I'm all for a rethink, but I doubt there's much traction there.

But by no means does anyone not deserve outside help.

This happens in Oregon every day

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few rangers have died rescuing climbers from Denali who weren't even remotely qualified to attempt it. If you ask whether there should be some kind of test they all say no.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Too bad brown poor children aren't "too big to fail"....

Then I suppose people on here would be fine with billions and in fact perhaps trillions going to bail them out.

Better give AIG their monies or else we will all be living in a Mad Max hellscape, right?

What a joke....