Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That second play is a great example of the hidden little things really costing big plays for the Bears.

Look at Burton as Cohen catches the ball, if he blocks the LB(47) Cohen can turn it up at the nubers with nothing but space in front of him. Instead Burton is picking his butt at the 35 while Daniels has to turn back and ole block the LB making Cohen run laterally.
If Burton makes that block, Cohen could have turned it upfield much sooner at the numbers and had all kinds of space to make moves, the DB's would be still occupied with Gabriel and Daniels is available to help block them if they even get there.

Hard to see how that play is not a TD if Burton blocks it correctly all he would have possible faced between him and the endzone is a DB at the 50 that is on his heels with Tarik coming at him full speed with space. I take TC every day in that situation.

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That second play is a great example of the hidden little things really costing big plays for the Bears.

Look at Burton as Cohen catches the ball, if he blocks the LB(47) Cohen can turn it up at the nubers with nothing but space in front of him. Instead Burton is picking his butt at the 35 while Daniels has to turn back and ole block the LB making Cohen run laterally.
If Burton makes that block, Cohen could have turned it upfield much sooner at the numbers and had all kinds of space to make moves, the DB's would be still occupied with Gabriel and Daniels is available to help block them if they even get there.

Hard to see how that play is not a TD if Burton blocks it correctly all he would have possible faced between him and the endzone is a DB at the 50 that is on his heels with Tarik coming at him full speed with space. I take TC every day in that situation.
Agree, that could have been a big run after catch. Also, that probably should have been a block in the back by Daniels. We got lucky.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Agree, that could have been a big run after catch. Also, that probably should have been a block in the back by Daniels. We got lucky.
I like the Thayer segments, but his level of homer is a 10+, Daniels either blocked in the back or didn't touch the guy at all and he doesn't even mention Burton running around cluelessly 5-10 yards from any defender.

Hell after he completely disregarded the first block he could have gone to meet the db and still given Cohen a 1 on 1 move against the db at the 50, instead he peels back and blocks a jogging pass rusher completely out of the play.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

What is funny (sad) is that Cohen could have probably scored if Burton had continued forward and blocked the third level tackler. He sees the defender running from the middle of the field but instead he decides to jog and turn around and not block anyone behind him which is pointless because Cohen can outrun anybody that is behind Burton.

Burton blew it out his ass twice.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Burton and Shaheen have both struggled blocking.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking Burton is still injured, physically and psychologically.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I honestly hope the concept of looking back at the play, instead of doing your job will start to fade. The lucky win might just motivate people to completely buy into the plays, do your job and the team could be successful.

Username

Liked Posts:
I like the Thayer segments, but his level of homer is a 10+, Daniels either blocked in the back or didn't touch the guy at all and he doesn't even mention Burton running around cluelessly 5-10 yards from any defender.

Hell after he completely disregarded the first block he could have gone to meet the db and still given Cohen a 1 on 1 move against the db at the 50, instead he peels back and blocks a jogging pass rusher completely out of the play.

Exactly. But he is getting paid by the Bears. To be honest, he should have spoken about how TC dropped the hand off on the first play of the season thus setting the tone for the Offense for the rest of the season.