The 2019 QB Tiers from The Athletic

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“He’s a 3, and I like what I see, but he is more in the Andy Dalton category to me,” a former GM said. “When you get to the playoffs and things get tough, I’m not sure. When he has to win the game for you, I’m not sure.

Trubisky is the 5th rated QB in the league with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and OT.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thin Mitch is somewhere in the 18-22 range in terms of QB. There is a lot to critique in his game and especially inconsistency.

I just cannot take the critics who do not back it up with fact.

I like Fahey, I thought his breakdown of Mitch was spot on. The highs are high, the clutch moments are impressive, but the play to play inconsistency is what keeps him from sky rocketing.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
“He’s a 3, and I like what I see, but he is more in the Andy Dalton category to me,” a former GM said. “When you get to the playoffs and things get tough, I’m not sure. When he has to win the game for you, I’m not sure.

Trubisky is the 5th rated QB in the league with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and OT.
Maybe thats why hes a former GM...LOL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch is wildly inconsistent. Play to play, drive to drive, game to game.

But to act like the top end is not really impressive is disingenuous. That bugs me.

To act like the low end isn’t really concerning, is being homerish.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

But to act like the top end is not really impressive is disingenuous. That bugs me.

I'm fully on board with him becoming football gawd until I'm not. Devilish proposition maybe

All the tools, we will see if pace was a tool for drafting him like he did.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s a bad take. He’s in the same neighborhood as Mitch.

As much as I'm not a fan of Cousins, when you look at his numbers over the last four years I don't see how you can possibly say he's equal to Trubisky.

If Cousins' numbers were done by a Bears QB and Trubisky had the same start to his career on another team, there's no way you or anyone else on CCS would equate them.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
As much as I'm not a fan of Cousins, when you look at his numbers over the last four years I don't see how you can possibly say he's equal to Trubisky.

If Cousins' numbers were done by a Bears QB and Trubisky had the same start to his career on another team, there's no way you or anyone else on CCS would equate them.
I’m not equating them statistically. As you say there’s more to QBing than stats. Cousins finds a way to lose games he should win especially with a loaded roster in Minnesota. Should we just ignore that because he has nice stats? If he wasn’t a nervous wreck who crumbled under pressure he would be a top 7 QB, but thankfully he’s a nervous wreck.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Ummmm.....jay cutler was wildly inconsistent. Mitch was better than jay

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rodgers has moved to tier 2. I can't find it, but saw a chart the other day and it compared Rodgers 2009-2015 to Rodgers 2016-2018 It compiled %'s and NFL rank for each passing situation, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd, down, under pressure etc and about 10 other situations. He had dropped to mid NFL rankings for most of these situations, while before that he top 5 in all but one

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mitch is one of the best in the game in the last half of the 4th quarter and OT, COusins is one of the worst. Mtich will win you games while Cousins will lose you games

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is not enough body of work from Trubisky to fully understand what he is going to be in the league long term.

Trubisky, last year, put the Bears in a position to win every game they played in. From a competitive standpoint I think that is a good start to his career.

I don't think it is completely fair to say he was wildly inconsistent. I think his accuracy was not always there quarter to quarter. But he added more and more to his game as the season went on. From a understanding and application of the game there was a steady growth over the year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers has moved to tier 2. I can't find it, but saw a chart the other day and it compared Rodgers 2009-2015 to Rodgers 2016-2018 It compiled %'s and NFL rank for each passing situation, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd, down, under pressure etc and about 10 other situations. He had dropped to mid NFL rankings for most of these situations, while before that he top 5 in all but one

I posted it here

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/nfl-training-camp-news-non-bears.72426/

EAFpRvcX4Ac0YaO.png

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

As one of my Vikings' friends has told me many times last year-- Cousins would put up his numbers when the game was already out of reach.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've noted Rodger's slip recently and think he should be considered tier 2 now. Media and fans are just used to fawning over him as if he's the best. He was all that before but certainly not lately.

As for that dolt who said Trubisky is one of the best 4th quarter QBs who will win you games, LMAO. I haven't seen that, nor has any other Bears' fan who doesn't waste all their time posting fanboyish bs in an attempt to make a mediocre Trubisky seem special.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know we don't like QBR around here very much but it can help provide a little color on stats. Obviously game stats don't take the score of the game into account, what the defense is playing etc. But I think it does help put some color on who was productive when the score and the game mattered.