The 2020 NFL Combine

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tony Pauline

“THEY WILL BE LOOKING HARD AT THE TIGHT ENDS AND SPEED RECEIVERS. THE BEARS WILL ALSO CLOSELY MONITOR THE DEFENSIVE BACKS. I WOULD SUSPECT LINEBACKERS WILL BE FOCUSED ON AS WELL AS THEY MAY LOSE SOME VETERANS TO FREE AGENCY.”

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think the Bears are going to after the skill positions in the draft. The team lacked big plays from RB, WR and TE positions.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are going to after the skill positions in the draft. The team lacked big plays from RB, WR and TE positions.

Know we have other needs, but I'm not ashamed to say that I'd be giddy if Bears spent every pick on OL. They have GOT to get better there, and I'm not so sure a coaching change is enough to cover up the lack of talent.

What chance does Mitch have (may not have a chance anyway, but...) if his pocket keeps collapsing and free rushers keep flying into his face?

At the very least, I'd say OL w/half the pics.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
First two picks need to be starters.... and I would hope that OL is one of them.

In reality we do not have enough picks in the right rounds to think that we are going to fill all of our needs.

I'm prepared for a disappointment with how one or more of the needed positions are filled. This off season is going to suck, and I'm prepared for that..... are you?

msadows

Liked Posts:

While we are at it, can we find a new playcaller?

Would be a shame to draft all those skill players just to have them block bubble screens for tarik cohen.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If we're adding a QB this off-season, they better also be looking at RT and RG too

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@modo looks like you were right. Kwit is gone. KPL likely stays. Bears could get a vet for cheap at ILB too.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
should i even bother watching the draft? our track record has been doodoo for way too long

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
First two picks need to be starters.... and I would hope that OL is one of them.

In reality we do not have enough picks in the right rounds to think that we are going to fill all of our needs.

I'm prepared for a disappointment with how one or more of the needed positions are filled. This off season is going to suck, and I'm prepared for that..... are you?

I think the issue is that we have two picks in rds 1-3, both in rd 2. We have 3 major needs that can really be best accommodated by the draft, EDGE, TE, and IOL. An OL is best fixed from the inside to out, and drafting the best C available, or a G that can play C would help. I don't see the best TEs making it out of round 3. Even the mediocre EDGEs will probably go in the first, before we pick. I don't want a 6' 230 lb EDGE rusher from M, but that's the crap that seems to be dropping to the 2nd rd.

So, basically, we have 2 picks for 3 huge needs.

I see the priorities as IOL, EDGE, TE, but, realistically, EDGE may be primary. Unfortunately, EDGE won't be great bang for the buck since it is such a premium position that anyone that we may draft in the second would be like 7 or higher on the board, whereas the other positions may be a better pick, athlete-wise, at the second.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need somebody like that fast, semi-smurf with an attitude guy on KC...fabulous
A couple TEs a high potential QB
A great starting CB a couple ILBs
A couple OGuards/ a tackle/a Center
A GREAT STs coach not a bottom barrel lower 5th of the league guy. No more Bonapartes Pls Pace
And an OLINE coach that has a F em up attitude that rubs off on our players
A safety better than or equal to 2Ha's
AND A BIONIC processor to connect to T's right arm so as not to Overthrow the F'ers
A backup kicker for when Pinata doesn't feel good ( same with TE aka Burton )
A backup punter so that we can ask MegaPunter when he is feeling SLOW on his kicking timing and substitute him
A backup punt returner so we can query Cohen when he feels like running sideways......I just loved the way Hester used to go North South in that 5 yard slot along the sideline WOW!!!!
I can add more later. I like the Edit function

..... about 30 draft picks outta take care of it
In retrospect I think 15 picks would do it

Last edited:

Hammer

Liked Posts:
O-Line is THE worse unit on the team, so I'll be kinda pissed off if they don't go after G/T prospect in 2nd round.

Also, after they cut ties with Prince, Bears are very low on talent/quality in secondary (don't have a legit starter at #2CB & SS positions), so I'll be also mad if they don't go after some CB/S prospect with that other 2nd rounder.

Bottom line, two big holes at O-line & secondary, two 2nd round picks, it will be interesting to see if Pace will follow the logic or try to go fancy with those picks.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Know we have other needs, but I'm not ashamed to say that I'd be giddy if Bears spent every pick on OL. They have GOT to get better there, and I'm not so sure a coaching change is enough to cover up the lack of talent.

What chance does Mitch have (may not have a chance anyway, but...) if his pocket keeps collapsing and free rushers keep flying into his face?

At the very least, I'd say OL w/half the pics.

Except for the fact that Leno, Massie and Whitehair have all proven they've played better before last season. They just don't forget how to play and start sucking. I think coaching and scheme were a huge part of the O-line shitshow last season.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's Springtime. I am happy that HighStaaad is gone. Just hope that our new coach can live up to his best years hype.
Even if they could get a stomp em beat em down attitude every other play would make me smile

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except for the fact that Leno, Massie and Whitehair have all proven they've played better before last season. They just don't forget how to play and start sucking. I think coaching and scheme were a huge part of the O-line shitshow last season.

When nearly every single player on the team declines from the previous season it isn't an issue of talent, it's an issue of coaching.

Look at the bulls this year, every player outside of Zach(and you could even argue zach is playing the same, just more usage) is having a down year.

Coaching most definitely is a major issue.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm fixing the OL in free agency if it's me especially the RG position and going Edge Rusher, TE with both 2nd round picks depending on who's sitting there. Of course is a speed WR or DB that's high on my board is sitting there then i'm taking him but Edge Rusher for sure is one of my two 2nd round picks. I'll take hit OL later in the draft and hope to hit.

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Yep, Harry Heistend was bad for Lovie and bad again for Nagy. Pretty damn obvious.