Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace needs to draft Anthony Gordon. His draft stock is rising but he’s still in the Bears price range. He’s worth the risk.
He reminds me a lot of McMahon. Size, delivery, gambler.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How about Bradlee Anae the edge from Utah? He was awesome all week in practice and he was absolutely undressing the OTs he lined up against in the game. Constant pressure and several sacks and QB hits... Unbelievable hand usage and an advanced swim technique... This is a guy to watch.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like him. I worry he might be a little stubby form the Bears.

But he is a finisher and we need finishers.

Lewis would be a perfect pick in round 4.
I think he'll be gone in the 2nd. This is a straight up mauler. I don't want a finesse offensive line. I want a line that when they line up against those huge defensive tackles the OL straight up knocks those MFers off the line.

Here's footage of him (#68) against an NFL caliber defensive line (Alabama), mostly going up against Raekwon Davis (99):

PS: It's always good when Alabama loses.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How about Bradlee Anae the edge from Utah? He was awesome all week in practice and he was absolutely undressing the OTs he lined up against in the game. Constant pressure and several sacks and QB hits... Unbelievable hand usage and an advanced swim technique... This is a guy to watch.

EXACTLY..... I mentioned this earlier, but somebody here was trying to convince me that Souths OL was ok. :rolleyes:
North EDGE rushers Josh Uche, Bradlee Anae dominated the Souths OL

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Biggest Senior Bowl news was the inclusion of players from Pitt, Penn St, Colorado and frigin' St John's ( Minn) on the South roster. While relegating players from UCLA, Houston, and Miami to the North squad. When asked, Senior Bowl officials referred questions to the head of geographical roster design, @Raskolnikov
Maybe Raskolnikov was thinking southern Canada when he put St. Johns on the south team?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I would knock my 3 year old over to get the Josh Jones Card handed in.
Now if your 3 year old stonewalls you on the way to the podium, you need to get him or her on the Bears roster.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
EXACTLY..... I mentioned this earlier, but somebody here was trying to convince me that Souths OL was ok. :rolleyes:

I was trying to convince you that Hurts looked bad all week because he did. The same bad OL played in front of Herbert and he had success.

Also aren't mobility and escapablility his supposed to be his best traits?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We've all been talking about how deep this draft is at WR for a while now but saying Pace should be fired if he doesn't use one of his 2nd round picks on one is ridiculous. I'm all about getting a deep threat at WR but we have other bigger needs than a WR to use our 2nd round picks on. I wouldn't be mad if he did but definitely not something that he has to do.

I seriously doubt BPA at one or both of our picks is not going to be WR.

Our biggest need at OL should be addressed in FA as Windy noted.

The Pace being fired thing was hyperbole but your head is too far up his ass to not be able to take a joke about your lord and savior.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think OT has to be one of the biggest priorities. We need youth on rookie contracts. It’s also very expensive to get one in FA, and even harder to find a good one.

Id like to see OT and either WR or TE in the 2nd. Adam Trautman from Dayton has been talked about a lot. I get it. Another TE named Adam from a small school in the 2nd. But word is this dude is legit. I don’t remember the exact quote, but he said he like route running and catching passes, but he loves to block a dude until he puts him on his ass. Good mentality to have on this team.

We need OL we can trust now. You see how long it is taking Daniels to get his shit together.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, there is no doubt it is a damn good class for WRs but OTs like Niang and Josh Jones could be floating around the Bear picks as well as almost every TE in a sneaky good class.

The comp pick they should receive in the 4th will probably net them a good receiver if they want to draft one.

If they want Mims, it will probably come at the cost of a second round pick now that he has broken out.

Yeah and I remember people raving about Daniels too. I prefer getting an OL in FA. Easier to bring a speed WR along slowly with ARob and Miller than trusting a rookie OL or TE to come in and basically compete at a position of huge need. TE is notoriously hard on rookies. And if the OL isnt good enough to start then practically useless. By contrast a speed WR can still clear out space as a WR3 even if he isnt a particularly good route runner or cant beat out ARob or Miller.

With this teams needs I think it more true he should be fired if he takes a WR at with anything before a 5th rd pick. TE, OL, CB and QB2 are much more pressing needs. Though it still comes down to if a huge gap PBA is there. You take a guy at any position if he is way ahead of anyone else.

I am expecting FA OL, QB and TE. Speed WR more likely to contribute right way given how many 3 WR sets teams play.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was trying to convince you that Hurts looked bad all week because he did. The same bad OL played in front of Herbert and he had success.
Also aren't mobility and escapablility his supposed to be his best traits?

The same bad OL played in front of Herbert and he had success.
the North defeated the South 31-17. Ok so if Herbert was so successful, why isn't it as least reflected in a closer score?
---------------------------------------------

Click the link below

Jalen Hurts impresses during Senior Bowl week - Montgomery

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got to get the OL fixed in FA.

The 2nd round looks like it is going to be a honey hole for WR and TE.
I'm ok with the TE/WR picks AS LONG AS OL is indeed addressed in FA, which was your point.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
the North defeated the South 31-17. Ok so if Herbert was so successful, why isn't it as least reflected in a closer score?

The South was leading 7-0 when he left the game at the end of the first quarter, after he completed 75% of his passes, 1TD no interceptions.

Also that article you posted is a feel good piece, not an evaluation.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think I agree with Remy here. The Bears aren't going to throw a rookie in at RG. And I know everyone hates Massie and Leno, but Leno isn't being replaced anytime soon. Massie may be, but he'll be the opening day starter if healthy.

WR isn't a need as much as playmaking in general is. I still think the Bears are going to draft their long-term heir at TE with one of the 2nds. Pace has been pretty consistent in trying to pick long-term options at positions where there are none early in the draft. While WR does potentially have long-term talent, they don't that dynamic speed guy. I think that was the reason for signing Gabriel, but his lack of size was a deterrent to capitalize on his speed. Can get a lot of bang for their buck by going WR early. Plus, the pick would serve as a hedge in case they can't get Robinson signed long-term.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, you can't ignore bpa especially trying to run this offense at WR.

Ridley and Wims are really depth guys, Patterson is a toy trinket and Miller can play slot or y but you could say there is a need there for a bonified #1/2 type guy to pair with Robinson and make life real fun for Miller.

Sounds like our Zebra is gonna be there. Fantastic and I hope the other pick is TE or OL.