The Jalen Hurts Discussion Thread

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Tyler Huntley, Utah - This is a no. Looked like a poor mans russell wilson to me.
Jalen Hurts - As long as its not in the 1st round , too many questions.

Dont know about the others havne not watched them.

Jalen Hurts .. too many questions.
What are they??? What has he done wrong?

Tyler Huntley, why would he be "bad developmental Qb"? "poor mans russell wilson" to me..... u say. Well Russell is not chopped liver.....right? What's wrong with someone who can come close to Wilson's elite level? Is that a bad thing? think about it

greg23

Liked Posts:
I still don’t think he can pass effectively in the NFL. His release is long af, his arm strength is average, he is not very accurate, and he can’t go through progressions or read defenses.

His strengths are his leadership, intangibles, and mobility.

I don’t think it’s enough to succeed in the nfl.

This

It's almost like his career as a qb at Alabama has been erased from history.....guy couldnt throw at all, suddenly he's in a qb friendly system and he's a 1st rounder.

No fking thanks

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This packer game blows giants almost had a chance but the rodgers fling a ball randomly catch on 4th down doomed them had to go for it on 4th though

should be able to watch niners and ravens this sucks browns and steelers or this

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Tyler Huntley, why would he be "bad developmental Qb"? "poor mans russell wilson" to me..... u say. Well Russell is not chopped liver.....right? What's wrong with someone who can come close to Wilson's elite level? Is that a bad thing? think about it

Hey homie. I am a U of U alumni and have watched Huntley. Great head on his shoulders from what I hear but his game is missing some oomph. Whatever the fuck that means.

Long story short, he has great leadership skills and mobility but I don’t think he develops enough as a passer. The reason they struggled early on and lost to USC is homie could not get the passing game going. He has some accuracy issues at times. FWIW.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
These are seven guys who could potentially help us at Qb within a year or less. We can probably get one from the 2-5 round. Hurts is the wildcard. His stock is rising. I'll add more Qb as time goes on based on performance between now and the bowl games.

Jalen Hurts is #1 in points responsible for among Qb's....with 284 right now. We've seen his other stats

Joe Burrow, LSU We know about this guy. Has shown some mobility. Good passer. Won't be available

Tyler Huntley, Utah.....the posterVisionman, brought this guy to my attention. Has mobility, but doesn't run much. Low INTS. I like the fact that this guy is a winner with a 10-1 record.

Bryce Perkins, University of Virginia, Good passer & playmaker. Good mobility .low INTS.
2019 - Johnny Unitas Golden Arm finalist this is a guy I'd like to see sit for a year. Maybe play him sparingly in 1st yr. He has a 9-3 record this yr.

Caleb Evans , UL Monroe ......low INTS. developmental guy to sit for a yr or 2

Nathan Rourke , Ohio.......low INTS., can move around and make things happen

Anthony Gordon,Washington State.....this guy has put up a lotta Tds. bad news is he's not that mobile and will need good OL protection. He's not the guy to extend plays when things break down.

-------------------------

These are guys to keep an eye on for the future. The might not come out this yr.

Kellen Mond , JR.Texas A&M Aggies....may come out this year. Pass first Qb....with good mobility.....low INTS.

Cole McDonald,
JR.University of Hawaii .....very mobile, good passer ( might not be available in the 2020 draft, but a Qb to watch)
Sam Ehlinger , JR. Texas Longhorns.....gives ya Good mobility & passing. Might not leave.

**Justin Fields, Soph. OSU this guy can read the hell outta a "D". Can't help us now, but a Qb to keep an eye on in the next yr. or two
View attachment 3958
you should update his stats

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This

It's almost like his career as a qb at Alabama has been erased from history.....guy couldnt throw at all, suddenly he's in a qb friendly system and he's a 1st rounder.

No fking thanks

What were his #'s at Alabama? When the starter went down....what did he come in and do? Did he win for em?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey homie. I am a U of U alumni and have watched Huntley. Great head on his shoulders from what I hear but his game is missing some oomph. Whatever the fuck that means.

Long story short, he has great leadership skills and mobility but I don’t think he develops enough as a passer. The reason they struggled early on and lost to USC is homie could not get the passing game going. He has some accuracy issues at times. FWIW.

Jim McMahon had great leadership skills and (some) mobility.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jalen Hurts is Dak Prescott.

Prescott had just as many concerns as a passer and was compared to Tebow at Miss st.

I would take a chance on Hurts development as a passer. But you would have to build the team to reflect that he is not going to be an elite thrower of the football.

But the other stuff is there.

This is my comparison as well. Dak was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't feel comfortable with taking Hurts with either of the 2nds. I think he's more of a 4th round guy, but I'd take him if the Bears can trade back and get a 3rd.

He was briefly mentioned, but I really like Jordan Love from Utah State. I'd take him with one of the 2nds in a heartbeat. He's a guy that needs to sit a year or two, but he has some Patrick Mahomes to his game. Not saying he will be the best QB in the league or anything, but stylistically he's very similar to Mahomes at Texas Tech. He doesn't see the field nearly as well and isn't quite as gifted with arm talent, but I think he's a great fit for the Nagy offense. A guy that can get it out quick and accurately (very good short-to-intermediate), take the occasional deep shot, and pull it down and run if nothing's there.

Anthony Gordon is interesting, but not a fan of his body type. He's really thin and needs to put on about 15 pounds before I feel like he won't die taking a hit in the pocket. Third day though, can't complain.

Other than that, I like Nate Stanley a little. He's not very mobile, but he's decently accurate in the intermediate game. Probably not more than a backup long-term. But I don't think he's a guy that would kill you if he had to start a couple games in the pinch. Maybe in that scenario, he gets a couple starts, looks decent, then you can trade him for something or keep him longterm as a backup.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is my comparison as well. Dak was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't feel comfortable with taking Hurts with either of the 2nds. I think he's more of a 4th round guy, but I'd take him if the Bears can trade back and get a 3rd.

He was briefly mentioned, but I really like Jordan Love from Utah State. I'd take him with one of the 2nds in a heartbeat. He's a guy that needs to sit a year or two, but he has some Patrick Mahomes to his game. Not saying he will be the best QB in the league or anything, but stylistically he's very similar to Mahomes at Texas Tech. He doesn't see the field nearly as well and isn't quite as gifted with arm talent, but I think he's a great fit for the Nagy offense. A guy that can get it out quick and accurately (very good short-to-intermediate), take the occasional deep shot, and pull it down and run if nothing's there.

Anthony Gordon is interesting, but not a fan of his body type. He's really thin and needs to put on about 15 pounds before I feel like he won't die taking a hit in the pocket. Third day though, can't complain.

Other than that, I like Nate Stanley a little. He's not very mobile, but he's decently accurate in the intermediate game. Probably not more than a backup long-term. But I don't think he's a guy that would kill you if he had to start a couple games in the pinch. Maybe in that scenario, he gets a couple starts, looks decent, then you can trade him for something or keep him longterm as a backup.

Jordan Love from Utah State.
40 Low: 4.90 40 Time: 5.02 40 High: 5.12........I think he'd need more mobility behind our OL. Same for Anthony Gordon .

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Huntley is my favorite QB for us in this draft. Hurts is probably 2nd. But I'm not sure either will be available in the 4th, which is the earliest I see us taking a QB (assuming Trubs doesn't completely fall apart these last few games)

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
40 Low: 4.90 40 Time: 5.02 40 High: 5.12........I think he'd need more mobility behind our OL. Same for Anthony Gordon .

Well that's a terrible way to measure mobility. And that's also a projection (and probably a bad one at that). He has great pocket presence (Similar to Mahomes) and is mobile within the pocket, in addition to having the ability to take off and run in the read option.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We rode with cutty for what felt like a century. It’s ok to cut bait, I promise.
So give him a team no one has consistently and we'll be good? why stop there how bout giving him 12 man option or five downs? He is not the guy to start his best years are gonna be his 2nd. Great QBs STARTING QBs can play with injured teammates and make a case MT needs the perfect scenario to not overthrow his guys.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Well that's a terrible way to measure mobility. And that's also a projection (and probably a bad one at that). He has great pocket presence (Similar to Mahomes) and is mobile within the pocket, in addition to having the ability to take off and run in the read option.

@4.80 seconds Mahomes has a little more "get up & go". If Jordan Love can extend plays and buy time.....I'm all in

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
These are seven guys who could potentially help us at Qb within a year or less. We can probably get one from the 2-5 round. Hurts is the wildcard. His stock is rising. I'll add more Qb as time goes on based on performance between now and the bowl games.

Jalen Hurts is #1 in points responsible for among Qb's....with 284 right now. We've seen his other stats

Joe Burrow, LSU We know about this guy. Has shown some mobility. Good passer. Won't be available

Tyler Huntley, Utah.....the posterVisionman, brought this guy to my attention. Has mobility, but doesn't run much. Low INTS. I like the fact that this guy is a winner with a 10-1 record.

Bryce Perkins, University of Virginia, Good passer & playmaker. Good mobility .low INTS.
2019 - Johnny Unitas Golden Arm finalist this is a guy I'd like to see sit for a year. Maybe play him sparingly in 1st yr. He has a 9-3 record this yr.

Caleb Evans , UL Monroe ......low INTS. developmental guy to sit for a yr or 2

Nathan Rourke , Ohio.......low INTS., can move around and make things happen

Anthony Gordon,Washington State.....this guy has put up a lotta Tds. bad news is he's not that mobile and will need good OL protection. He's not the guy to extend plays when things break down.

-------------------------

These are guys to keep an eye on for the future. The might not come out this yr.

Kellen Mond , JR.Texas A&M Aggies....may come out this year. Pass first Qb....with good mobility.....low INTS.

Cole McDonald,
JR.University of Hawaii .....very mobile, good passer ( might not be available in the 2020 draft, but a Qb to watch)
Sam Ehlinger , JR. Texas Longhorns.....gives ya Good mobility & passing. Might not leave.

**Justin Fields, Soph. OSU this guy can read the hell outta a "D". Can't help us now, but a Qb to keep an eye on in the next yr. or two
View attachment 3958
I'd love to see Bryce Perkins in the second. Athletic, moves around not to run, but to work the pocket and let his WRs run their routes. When he does run, he's usually always watching to see if someone might come open downfield. In the pocket, he can drop the deep ball anywhere with great touch.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to see Bryce Perkins in the second. Athletic, moves around not to run, but to work the pocket and let his WRs run their routes. When he does run, he's usually always watching to see if someone might come open downfield. In the pocket, he can drop the deep ball anywhere with great touch.

Good points. Perkins is a guy not on everyone's radar. Right now I think he'll be there in round 3-4. But that could change

Here's more on Perkins .......
“Being around three different schools, multiple head coaches and offensive coordinators, different teammates from all over the map, it has taught me a big lesson on how to be a leader,” Perkins said. “We have so much talent here, and we are hungry. We want to win the Coastal.”
-Bryce Perkins

2020 NFL Draft: Bryce Hall, Bryce Perkins turning Virginia ...