The last time we overcame a 17 pt deficit +tweets

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jen Lada ‏@JenLada 31m

The last time the Bears overcame a 17+ point deficit to win: Denny Green's famous "The Bears are who we thought they were..."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Adam Jahns retweeted
Patrick Finley ‏@patrickfinley 2h

GM Phil Emery: Brandon Marshall has "full support of the Chicago Bears" voices.suntimes.com/sports/emery-brandon-marshall-has-full-support/ …
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 2h

#Bears GM Phil Emery on Brandon Marshall: "He has acknowledged his past struggles and shared his story in an effort to help others improve"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Chicago Bears News ‏@CBearsAllNews 2h

Eric Decker Injury: New York Jets WR did not practice today http://zpzp.eu/?url=http://dlvr.it/6xHhBW

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 3h

Blake Annen is undrafted rookie from Cincinnati. He was w/ #Eagles this summer. Jordan Sullen undrafted rookie from Tulane, time w/ #Broncos
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 3h

#Bears are tied for 10th in the NFL with 5 sacks. Last year, they were tied with the Jaguars for the fewest sacks in the league (31).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 3h

RT @MMehtaNYDN: Eric Decker (hamstring) and Dee Milliner (ankle) didn't practice. "I guess I'm hopeful that they'll play," Rex says. #nyj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash 4h

Jets RB Chris Johnson on BMarshall: “He [found] God & changed his life around and he’s a totally different man. I’m proud of him for that.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash 4h

Jets RB Chris Johnson, who grew up with Brandon Marshall in central Florida, defended the character of the #Bears WR. “Pretty cool guy.”

>>>>>>>>>>
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 5h

#Jets coach Rex Ryan a big fan of #Bears WR Santonio Holmes, vouches for him in locker room from @danwiederer http://trib.in/1uHVkxA

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think it's funny no one calls out Denny Green for the asinine nature of that comment. They always only highlight the craziness.

He's basically saying the Bears aren't that good and are only a media-created team. Then they go to the frickin' Super Bowl. What an idiot.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's funny no one calls out Denny Green for the asinine nature of that comment. They always only highlight the craziness.

He's basically saying the Bears aren't that good and are only a media-created team. Then they go to the frickin' Super Bowl. What an idiot.

Denny Green's idiocy is well documented.....

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Denny Green's idiocy is well documented.....

That clip gets shown all the time. I never hear the anchor end it by saying something like, "The Bears went on to win the NFC, adding insult to injury."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

That's not the meaning behind his comments. He meant they were a one dimensional football team, and he was correct. It was relatively easy to shut down their offense.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he was right. They were by no means an elite team. He had every right to be pissed. He simply should have handled it better.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That's not the meaning behind his comments. He meant they were a one dimensional football team, and he was correct. It was relatively easy to shut down their offense.

Hmm, disagree. He immediately followed that up by saying, "If you want to crown them, crown their ass." Sounds like he's pissed at the media for anointing the Bears a good team.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It wasn't that he didn't think they were good, but that they weren't the end all be all people were making them out to be. And he was correct. But that just goes to show how shitty his team was, and how poor a coach he was by reflection. As was also evidenced by the way he handled the presser.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

We had the #1 offense in the league going into that game didn't we? I know Rex was the offensive player of the month for September that year.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
We had the #1 offense in the league going into that game didn't we? I know Rex was the offensive player of the month for September that year.
Yes. For five games. And as we saw last year sometimes circumstances come together for a few games to make people look a lot better than they are. The 06 team had a decent run game and an incredibly inconsistent passing offense that relied heavily on short fields given to them by the ST and defense. Shutdown the rushing game and the offense was basically toast.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hmm, disagree. He immediately followed that up by saying, "If you want to crown them, crown their ass." Sounds like he's pissed at the media for anointing the Bears a good team.

No. He explained what he meant on an ESPN or NFLN top ten episode about greatest football comebacks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No. He explained what he meant on an ESPN or NFLN top ten episode about greatest football comebacks.

It's possible you're right, but it seems more likely he lied later about his intent. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. To me, talk like that means he didn't respect the Bears as a good football team and thought if the Cardinals stuck with his gameplan, he'd be good to go. When his gameplan got shot to shit, he was pissed he got beat by a team he felt wasn't as good as the media and everyone was making them out to be. That's how I took it.

"The Bears are who we thought they were!" (A team not as good as you all think they are)

"We let 'em off the hook" (We lost because of us, not because of the Bears)

"You wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!" (Go ahead and keep pretending they're some great team. They're not, though. We should've beaten them tonight)

I don't think it's a stretch to think that's what he meant. And if so, we should feel free to roundly mock him, since the Bears then went to the Super Bowl the same year. Where did the Cardinals go? Not the Super Bowl? Hmm, I guess the Cards are who we thought they were.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's possible you're right, but it seems more likely he lied later about his intent. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. To me, talk like that means he didn't respect the Bears as a good football team and thought if the Cardinals stuck with his gameplan, he'd be good to go. When his gameplan got shot to shit, he was pissed he got beat by a team he felt wasn't as good as the media and everyone was making them out to be. That's how I took it.

"The Bears are who we thought they were!" (A team not as good as you all think they are)

"You wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!" (Go ahead and keep pretending they're some great team. They're not, though. We should've beaten them tonight)

I don't think it's a stretch to think that's what he meant. And if so, we should feel free to roundly mock him, since the Bears then went to the Super Bowl the same year. Where did the Cardinals go? Not the Super Bowl? Hmm, I guess the Cards are who we thought they were.

And that would be accurate.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Except that isn't what he meant, and he was absolutely correct in his assessment, and it was one of the reasons the Bears lost the SB. If not for an incredibly weak NFC, they aren't even getting there.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And that would be accurate.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong. But if you call out a team and that team later makes the Super Bowl and your team doesn't do too well, you better be prepared to be thought of as foolish.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Except that isn't what he meant, and he was absolutely correct in his assessment, and it was one of the reasons the Bears lost the SB. If not for an incredibly weak NFC, they aren't even getting there.

Where's the evidence in his words or phrasing to show that's what he meant?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, they also lost the SB due to Lovie's piss poor coaching. Oh, they have a terrible run D and we have an excellent rushing game... let's let Rex sling it. Oh, Peyton Manning struggles with pressure and we have a solid pass rush... let's play soft and let him do what he loves to do, dink and dunk right down the field.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he's right or wrong. But if you call out a team and that team later makes the Super Bowl and your team doesn't do too well, you better be prepared to be thought of as foolish.

He did look foolish, not because of what he said being inaccurate, but because he threw a hissy fit instead of acting like a professional.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well, they also lost the SB due to Lovie's piss poor coaching. Oh, they have a terrible run D and we have an excellent rushing game... let's let Rex sling it. Oh, Peyton Manning struggles with pressure and we have a solid pass rush... let's play soft and let him do what he loves to do, dink and dunk right down the field.

I know, that's why I said it was one of the reasons. There were plenty of reasons the Bears lost that game, coaching being at the top.