The Mandalorian (spoiler)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It was great! Makes me seriously wonder why they couldn't make any of the new movies like this.

Also, instead of telling (almost literally) the same story in the sequels as in the original trilogy (how unoriginal can you be?), it was awesome to see the story branch out and touch on some mysteries of the story (like the race of yoda).

About fucking time. Jon Favreau makes good shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so who is yoda's baby mama?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched it, but had no idea what the fuck was happening? should I rewatch it or is this something I would only understand if I were into the Star Wars movies?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I watched it, but had no idea what the fuck was happening? should I rewatch it or is this something I would only understand if I were into the Star Wars movies?
What's not to understand so far (I'm not being a dick)? So far it's about a bounty hunter who apparently has ties to a really old people/clan and it takes place like 20-30 years after the OG trilogy.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's not to understand so far (I'm not being a dick)? So far it's about a bounty hunter who apparently has ties to a really old race and it takes place like 20-30 years after the OG trilogy.

If you've not seen the movies, you don't really know about Yoda nor the fan lore/mystery around his race.

But fundamentally... bounty hunter, sent to find a 50 year old target by former Empire people, finds out it is a baby at 50 years old... what happens next.

I could understand someone not knowing the larger significance, but being totally confused is a bit odd.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If you've not seen the movies, you don't really know about Yoda nor the fan lore/mystery around his race.

But fundamentally... bounty hunter, sent to find a 50 year old target by former Empire people, finds out it is a baby at 50 years old... what happens next.

I could understand someone not knowing the larger significance, but being totally confused is a bit odd.
Agreed. I guess I was under the impression that someone would have at least seen the original movies at some point. Would be kinda strange had they not and then decided to watch The Mandalorian, but hey to each their own.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I guess I was under the impression that someone would have at least seen the original movies at some point. Would be kinda strange had they not and then decided to watch The Mandalorian, but hey to each their own.

I always wondered if non-Marvel people watching Netflix ever just like jumped into say Iron Fist Season 1 or worse that season of The Defenders lol.

I could see someone going in cold, assuming starting on season 1 of a show they have no need to have seen other shows and then being like "Who.... the fuck... what the fuck... I feel like I'm missing 3-4 seasons worth of background here"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess if you've never seen Star Wars at all to this point and just jumped in you could feel you're missing a lot of background. The show does pay a decent amount of homage to past Star Wars movies/lore so I could see that. However, I do think it still functions stand alone as a good show.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yea, I've never really seen any of the Star Wars. I watched one of the movies, the first one that had the Nigerian/English actor in it. I forgot his name. But yea, I got the basic bounty hunter premise, but everyone was hyping up that first episode and I thought I was missing something. I admit, I have no idea about Yoda either. All I know about him is that he has clever ways of putting together sentences.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Finally got around to watching it. I’m enjoying it but not as much as i hoped. I like how it looks cinematic and It’s nice to see Star Wars branch out of the Skywalker family.

But if I’m being honest, I think I just like it because it’s Star Wars and baby Yoda is cute. The story doesn’t really grab you(yet). I was really annoyed by that character in the first episode who sounded and looked like an American with a great Halloween costume. A lot of it feels like “hey, you know (insert character or race)”.

The show is horribly scored though. Like really really bad.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
4 episodes in and this show keeps kicking ass. Easily one of the best shows on TV.

I have spoken.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Being a western guy it would surprise no one that I love this show.

Being a western guy it might surprise some that I was not down for discount Magnificent Seven though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really enjoy the show, but it feels a bit rushed.

I suppose they are playing to the modern ADD audience, but for instance that last episode.

That coulda been a two episode story on that planet.

I will say they do a solid job of conveying a lot in very short/concise scenes.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m four episodes in and what can I say now this is Fucking Star Wars done right. I think my rating so far speaks for itself when I say I give it a

baby yoda/10