The Martinis on Ice Podcast Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear the excitement on Turcotte and the position value...the selection would be understood and accepted.

I've stopped thinking in terms purely of BPA after Kappo Kakko and Jack Hughes...who I think you have to draft either....and we probably don't get to. I love those two on a Kane/Toews/Keith level.

But since we pick 3, I think there is serious debate about who is actually going to emerge as the 3rd best player from this draft. Maybe Turcotte or Byram have an edge here...are a level above as some have suggested and I'll trust the experts with the resources and the team plan in hand...

but if its a surprise pick that addresses either 2C, 1RF, or D1 or D2

These positions have begun to plague the Blackhawks current build. While Turcotte might have an edge on Dach...which one projects better next to Kane since that is where they will begin initially.

If they want to put Cat to power the third line, and view Caufield as the perfect 1RF next to Toews...and they can solve that line...I would understand that too.

I think they have a unique opportunity to take the team in one of several directions with this selection.

While I think BPA is pre-eminent, I do think consideration of which guy fits next to Toews/Kane...or just taking the team smart decision of Byram to make the defense a strength and trade position of power with some of the lesser guys coming...

Its hard to miss right here...is what Im saying. I think all these players have a nice warm spot sorely needed on the Hawks and I'm good with whatever direction they decide is best.

Get cute if he wants...it looks like whoever gets selected at #3 will make his position a deep strength. If thats center or defense its probably a good idea, but I wouldn't pass on Kappo for anything.