2013- 11 draft picks
2014- 12 draft picks
2015- 10 draft picks
2016- 11 draft picks
2017- 10 draft pikcs
2018- 9 draft picks
2019- 8 draft picks

71 drat picks in that time period

Yes, many of those earlier years' picks are gone but we're used to obtain other needed talent.
Like I always preach you build in the trenches, that is where games are won and lost. They have an outstanding front line on both sides of the ball, that was never more evident than last night
They have a good QB, nothing more or less than good. He is all they need.

In that same time period, our Bears had 46 draft picks!!!!!!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd say coaching and system are the keys to their offense. Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind going today, and he doesn't need an elite QB. Their line has lots of talent, but their ability to execute the scheme as a singular entity is what makes them great.

Defense, yep, a great and deep defensive front that dominates the line of scrimmage is what wins for them. They are a fun team to watch if you like watching the trenches, which I do.

Going into last weekend (divisional round) I thought KC was the team to beat, but I'm not sure I can pick them in the Super Bowl.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Watching the 2 games and 4 teams, really brings to light how far away the Bears are.
We've got a long way to go and it isn't just the players.
The coaching, discipline, execution and overall enthusiasm displayed is well beyond what I've seen this year from the Bears.
Good luck in the future. But it will require significant changes for Chicago to field a team of the caliber demonstrated yesterday.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'd say coaching and system are the keys to their offense. Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind going today, and he doesn't need an elite QB. Their line has lots of talent, but their ability to execute the scheme as a singular entity is what makes them great.

Defense, yep, a great and deep defensive front that dominates the line of scrimmage is what wins for them. They are a fun team to watch if you like watching the trenches, which I do.

Going into last weekend (divisional round) I thought KC was the team to beat, but I'm not sure I can pick them in the Super Bowl.

might wind up being like the Seahawks/Broncos matchup if the 49ers play as hard of defense. I thought it was cute on nfl.com the Chiefs had their own players talking up how they're the best defense in the league. (did I really see that?) the Packers were an overrated team this year but they still won a lot more games than not and slamming their dicks in the car door twice like they did is a thing I wish the Bears could do. LOL

Monster O

Liked Posts:
49ers won 4 games and Packers won 6 last year. In just one season, they both made it to the NFC championship. Let's not make the bears or any other team out to be a team that is far off from being in the tournament next season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
49ers won 4 games and Packers won 6 last year. In just one season, they both made it to the NFC championship. Let's not make the bears or any other team out to be a team that is far off from being in the tournament next season.

This, Unfortunately, this doesn't go with the "sky is falling" attitude this board has.
But those 2 teams do have QB's.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pick volume is a major issue for Ryan Pace.

It is no surprise that his best draft as a Bears GM he had a bunch of extra picks.

Floyd
Whitehair
Bullard
Kwit
Bush

Hall
Howard
DHC

Braverman

All played or continue to play meaningful snaps.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They al got lucky with Jimmy's season ending injury where they got Bosa and early draft picks.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have two 2nds this year.

PACE make sure it is an Olineman AND a TE with friggin "attitude and Ability"

coolio

Liked Posts:
Next year we’ll really find out if Miller or Montgomery was worth trading up for

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
ALL 37 of the 9ers points last night came from players that were let go by Pace. Even when Pace has it right he fucks it up.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ALL 37 of the 9ers points last night came from players that were let go by Pace. Even when Pace has it right he fucks it up.

When people bitch about Trubisky, I get so tilted. Because when people act like we're a QB away from having a dynasty, they're just wrong.

The problem with the Chicago Bears is a systemic problem that has been going on for decades, and it has spanned GMs, head coaches, players, etc. The problem with the Chicago Bears is that they're owned by the original founder's daughter and her dumb shit silver spoon idiot kids. And Ted Philips, some dickshit finance guy is the team president. We're a football team with about as much football knowledge at the top of our organization as exists in your typical elementary school classroom. Which is why we always fucking suck.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
THe Niners and how you build a team

2013- 11 draft picks
2014- 12 draft picks
2015- 10 draft picks
2016- 11 draft picks
2017- 10 draft pikcs
2018- 9 draft picks
2019- 8 draft picks

71 drat picks in that time period

Yes, many of those earlier years' picks are gone but we're used to obtain other needed talent.
Like I always preach you build in the trenches, that is where games are won and lost. They have an outstanding front line on both sides of the ball, that was never more evident than last night
They have a good QB, nothing more or less than good. He is all they need.

In that same time period, our Bears had 46 draft picks!!!!!!
Correct

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to the other whiney thread, Lynch rebuilt the roster in just 3 years!?

Which is right?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Here's the thing. You still need the threat of a competent QB to make it work. The year you mention had Garoppolo out for 12 games and Rodgers ineffective due to groin and knee injuries starting with the 1st game of the year. QB doesn't need to be elite but has to offer a genuine threat or a D gets an advantage. Works for awhile but you inevitably get stopped.