The Tape Never Lies - Bears Get Bullied by Raiders in London

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As expected, that vid was UGGGGGLY!! Pointed out a few causes for the shit show however.

OL Fails
- Self inflicted mental mistakes. As if they forgot where to go/who to block?
- Weak or zero attack of defender by somebody nearly every play, often multiple OL same play
- Penalties pre & post snap
- SOFT overall

DL Fails
- OAK chop blocking...a shit ton!! Bears very fortunate no knees were shredded by this shit. Mack & Goldman got it most.
- OAK's OL is apparently the biggest in the league? Didn't know that coming in. Other teams dealt with it tho.

LB & DB Fails
- Mental mistakes again. Guys left wide open. Miscommunication.
- Weak effort at times

Overall it seemed like the team mentally wasn't right. Reminds me of days when I slept like shit for a few nights before. Jet lag is my guess. Similar to heat impact vs. MIA last year. I was there and it was real. Bears brass/Nagy will NEVER admit jet lag to be a culprit b/c they'd be admitting fault for poor planning. Fits the bill though.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As they say however:
Things are never as good as they seem: MIN handed the Bears a WIN by being shitty & soft.
Things are never as BAD as they seem: OAK handed the Bears a LOSS by being shitty & soft.

I'm pissed as anyone, but no reason for all this fire Nagy BS tantruming. He better be learning his lesson however. His team was NOT prepared!!

A sliver of saving grace for not jumping off cliffs now...
It basically took an astronomical level of mistakes in all 3 phases and total shit offense for 3 quarters + Refs allowing OAK to chop block all game + Bears D being mentally not all there + 3 (one negated) INTs by Chase to barely lose to an underrated but beatable OAK team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pointed some of this out before. Roquan looking lost and most of the guys running open were on him and better fill would have done wonders against the run. Extremely shitty OL play and Miller doing a lot more harm than good. I pointed out what happened at about 16:20 in that vid. He got the penalty to move the kickoff back and them jumps into a pile instead of maintaining contain. That run back was the turning point and all on Antmil.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
A bit frightening, but I love these reviews.
Good to see Monty getting a fair assessment.
For those saying he doesnt break tackles, see the 18:00 mark. Breaks 2 tackles on one run to avoid the safety.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I feel better after seeing this. Switching out Long seems like an instant upgrade. Secondly, although the defense was getting beat physically, those several miscommunications led to some big plays that usually would not have happened. The tough running into the kicker penalty and bonehead loss of contain by Miller didn't help.

So basically the Bears played terrible and barely lost. I can deal with the bye a little better now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good on the refs to call exactly ZERO of those chop blocks.

Our oline is tragic. Someone is getting destroyed on every play. It's so bad. Nagy might not even be that bad of an offensive coach. How can you even judge anyone, RB/QB/WR with how this OL plays? Almost every play gets blown up! Like wtf?

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That illegal blocking shit pisses me off that makes them worried about getting hurt when there not calling that shit I mean come on Refs

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
Great video! My only issue is with the commentary about our special teams guy getting "directed" into the punter. Maybe 10% pushed, but our guy made the decision to leap towards the punter. The contact was 90% his own fault.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL chop blocks illegal???

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears should spend both their 2nd round picks on the OL and then throw them all in the ring and see what happens.
If Massie and Leno cannot beat out rookies then cut them.