The three key ingredients to good chili.....

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me and plenty of other people, and it absolutely is chili. Beans are a filler, meant to stretch the amount.

This is all true.

I grew up on canned chili and only ate the "No beans" cans because I thought beans were gross.

Then I became an adult and tried making my own chili. What I realized is that I did not think beans were gross...I thought the kidney beans were gross. Now I make chili with black beans and it's awesome. Sorry for going traitor on you, but black beans make literally everything better.

At least we can all agree than subbing out beef for ground turkey is an affront to everything Holy and I was completely justified for throwing a drink in my wife's face for suggesting it that one time.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Three must include ingredients for great chile:

Hatch extra hot green chile.
Pork.
Potatoes.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pork.
Potatoes.

Huh?!?!?

photo-thumb-910946.jpg

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Pork.
Potatoes.

Potatoes is interesting. Is it really a chili then? I'm not going to argue with you over this. I like beans in my chili but apparently that is asinine to some. I don't doubt that some diced up potatoes are pretty good.

Agree on the pork.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm making a batch of chili tonight, and I'm gonna try cinnamon as suggested here.
A red onion will diced in with 2 serranos, and some beans too.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Potatoes is interesting. Is it really a chili then? I'm not going to argue with you over this. I like beans in my chili but apparently that is asinine to some. I don't doubt that some diced up potatoes are pretty good.

Agree on the pork.

Was thinking something similar to this:

The potatoes lend it to being more of a stew than a standard chili, but we call it chile so I am not sure where it actually falls on the spectrum. We are doing whatever we want itt.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok serious question, has anyone ever heard of putting coffee grounds or coffee into chili or am I having a brane fart?
Coffee in chile....? I've been wanting to try this, it gets great reviews. Also,probably better if you substitute your home grown maters for the canned.(y)

bernsteins chile.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Was thinking something similar to this:

The potatoes lend it to being more of a stew than a standard chili, but we call it chile so I am not sure where it actually falls on the spectrum. We are doing whatever we want itt.
I did a little bit of research and it passes for green chile, but not for chili imo

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did a little bit of research and it passes for green chile, but not for chili imo

Kind of like when he passes along "sunset pics" that are actually just crappy strip malls.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
serranos are like the american cheese of peppers

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
serranos are like the american cheese of peppers

True. My wife doesn't like hot peppers though so I sneak in what I can. I've been slowly trying to increase the amounts over time to desensitize here.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True. My wife doesn't like hot peppers though so I sneak in what I can. I've been slowly trying to increase the amounts over time to desensitize here.

careful tho! serranos are usually real mild, but every now and then you get one that is pretty fuckin spicy