Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry you missed my sarcasm.

I don't care what your cranky ass thinks, I'll post whatever I want whenever I want about this show.

Clear?

Absolutely, and if I tell you and your little butt buddy @nwfisch to get the hell off my lawn I'm certain you will respect my authority.

How's the wife?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Absolutely, and if I tell you and your little butt buddy @nwfisch to get the hell off my lawn I'm certain you will respect my authority.

How's the wife?

I will respect you 100%, he might just randomly decide to rape you and eat one of your limbs.... I apologize in advance.

Deck beers?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Whats the name of the new (3rd) spinoff of TWD, and when does it debut?
When does TWD debut this year?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whats the name of the new (3rd) spinoff of TWD, and when does it debut?
When does TWD debut this year?

Not sure on the name but let me float some ideas

Walk the Walking Dead
Wake the Walking Dead
Be the Walking Dead
See the Walking Dead

Find the Emo Teenager Inside Yourself Walking Dead

I think the last one is it...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Not sure on the name but let me float some ideas

Walk the Walking Dead
Wake the Walking Dead
Be the Walking Dead
See the Walking Dead

Find the Emo Teenager Inside Yourself Walking Dead

I think the last one is it...
We can go old time traditional like...

Curse of the Walking Dead
House of the Walking Dead
Attack of the Walking Dead
Barmitzvah of the Walking Dead

Night of the Walking Dead
Afternoon of the Walking Dead
Late, Late Night with the Walking Dead
Dawn of the Walking Dead
28 Days with the Walking Dead

Lassie Vs the Walking Dead
Flipper Vs the Walking Dead
Jack LaLanne's the Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ignore the walking dead unless plot deems them scary.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
New season trailer looks interesting- the king will bone michonne, Carol still has the hots for daryl, and negan is coming out to play.

Lucille has been kept hidden, but is very much alive and well.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Can't believe i am going to waste more of my finite remaining hours of life watching this POS drama, I wish I could quit (IN before brokeback references).

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't seem to have been talked about much, but episode 1 of season 10 leaked on Sunday.

I went to snag FTWD season finale episode and there was TWD S10E01 right there too.

I thought maybe it was a fake or some kind of like E00 preview thing, but nope, it was the 1st episode, watched it last night.

Will refrain from talking about it until everyone sees it on Sunday.

I will say one thing... in the opening they show them practice a zombie fighting formation with Roman Legion type shield wall in front, was cool... makes you wonder why it took like 10+ years lol.... also the way they did it was wasteful.

I always thought Roman type compact formations, with large shields and short stabbing weapons would be extremely effective at dealing with large groups of Walkers.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It doesn't seem to have been talked about much, but episode 1 of season 10 leaked on Sunday.

I went to snag FTWD season finale episode and there was TWD S10E01 right there too.

I thought maybe it was a fake or some kind of like E00 preview thing, but nope, it was the 1st episode, watched it last night.

Will refrain from talking about it until everyone sees it on Sunday.

I will say one thing... in the opening they show them practice a zombie fighting formation with Roman Legion type shield wall in front, was cool... makes you wonder why it took like 10+ years lol.... also the way they did it was wasteful.

I always thought Roman type compact formations, with large shields and short stabbing weapons would be extremely effective at dealing with large groups of Walkers.

The preview showed it if it was the beach scene or similar- looks like they welded spikes on to cut up oil drums to make shields.

I appreciate the times when they re-purpose stuff that is lying around... shows they are actually putting thought in to staying alive!

Ezekiel and Jerry have been rocking chest plates made of cut up tire treads for quite some time. Ahead of the curve.

In the comics there was a group that had a very strict and methodical formation for killing large groups, it is good to see the show reach the conclusion that people would find the best way to wipe the walkers out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The preview showed it if it was the beach scene or similar- looks like they welded spikes on to cut up oil drums to make shields.

I appreciate the times when they re-purpose stuff that is lying around... shows they are actually putting thought in to staying alive!

Ezekiel and Jerry have been rocking chest plates made of cut up tire treads for quite some time. Ahead of the curve.

In the comics there was a group that had a very strict and methodical formation for killing large groups, it is good to see the show reach the conclusion that people would find the best way to wipe the walkers out.

A good formation of strong people wielding shields, and others wielding good blades to stab the brain could, in theory bring down an unlimited number of zombies while not producing nearly as much noise nor using nearly as many resources as guns, not to mention guns require everyone to be able to make headshots.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I watched the new one.... interesting. Kinda predictable, but neccessary to kick off the new go-round.

I did notice a continuity mistake in siddiqs flashback.
Or the mistake was made last year in the second to last episode.
Means nothing to the story overall, so I will point it out...

Siddiq flashes back to the killings. It showed alpha with a bloody machete presumably after the beheadings were done.
She is in the dress she wore at the fair.
However, in the flashback he had when he was telling the story last year, alpha arrived during the fight and was in her usual black clothes.
She would have had to change from the fair to her black clothes, killed everyone, then changed back in to the dress for that scene, then back in to her black clothes to go out and catch daryl and co.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched the new one.... interesting. Kinda predictable, but neccessary to kick off the new go-round.

I did notice a continuity mistake in siddiqs flashback.
Or the mistake was made last year in the second to last episode.
Means nothing to the story overall, so I will point it out...

Siddiq flashes back to the killings. It showed alpha with a bloody machete presumably after the beheadings were done.
She is in the dress she wore at the fair.
However, in the flashback he had when he was telling the story last year, alpha arrived during the fight and was in her usual black clothes.
She would have had to change from the fair to her black clothes, killed everyone, then changed back in to the dress for that scene, then back in to her black clothes to go out and catch daryl and co.

That flashback made me wonder if they will perhaps show some details on how she managed all those kidnappings.... as a viewer I would appreciate if they could fill that fucking hole in.

It is so wildly unrealistic that she managed to kidnap like a dozen people from a gated/walled/guarded settlement.

It would actually be a great villain building opportunity to show how smart/cunning she was.... but methinks TWD writers are too dumb to actually have thought that out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Do you have amc premier membership? Those that do got to see the first episode(I don’t have that)

fear season finale was pretty good

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you have amc premier membership? Those that do got to see the first episode(I don’t have that)

fear season finale was pretty good
I do- it was a couple bucks a month and I also got the fear episodes early.

It was good. There is gonna be a last minute save.
I am thinking daniel dwight john or june took care of the people taking them away and will show up In the nick of time and run the walkers over.

Or...a wild stretch- Madison pops out of one of the buildings and saves him.

I still dont think she is dead.
I firmly believe that every main character gets an on screen death. If you dont see it, it didnt happen.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do- it was a couple bucks a month and I also got the fear episodes early.

It was good. There is gonna be a last minute save.
I am thinking daniel dwight john or june took care of the people taking them away and will show up In the nick of time and run the walkers over.

Or...a wild stretch- Madison pops out of one of the buildings and saves him.

I still dont think she is dead.
I firmly believe that every main character gets an on screen death. If you dont see it, it didnt happen.

I was feeling the same with Madison, but as time has gone on I'm more convinced they just let that be her death.

I mean, it has been 2 seasons now without her... that's a long time to keep a main character in the wind.

Unless, and this is my one notion which would make it click.... if it turns out she survived and wound up with the people who got Rick (CommonWealth?) and she re-enters the series like Rick or with Rick when they come on scene.

Maybe Morgan gets saved by Madison/Commonwealth people?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was feeling the same with Madison, but as time has gone on I'm more convinced they just let that be her death.

I mean, it has been 2 seasons now without her... that's a long time to keep a main character in the wind.

Unless, and this is my one notion which would make it click.... if it turns out she survived and wound up with the people who got Rick (CommonWealth?) and she re-enters the series like Rick or with Rick when they come on scene.

Maybe Morgan gets saved by Madison/Commonwealth people?

Someone will have to save him of course... commonwealth is a definite possibility, Al's girlfriend maybe?

As for madison, has it been 2 seasons or just 1? I thought she was killed at the mid season break last year.
Regardless, Morgan was gone from twd for 2 seasons, back for an episode, gone for 2 more... so a return could happen.

Real world wise, It seems the show runners were not in love with madison as the focus and moved on but left her able to come back if the new direction flopped.

I find John, Morgan, Al, and Daniel much more enjoyable to watch.... although I wish john wasnt so pussy whipped.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So- on the new episode of TWD...... What is your opinion on

The question Aaron asked Michonne?
I am thinking that is the beginning of a conversation about Negan down the road.

I approached the subject a year or so ago when they began showing humanity in Negan... And Aarons explanation of his question really follows that same line of thinking.
to paraphrase, "we think we are the good guys but what if we are the villains in someone elses story? What if we are so dangerous to them they need to wipe us out?"

Rick was our hero that we knew and followed...yeah, he did some shady shit. Yeah, he left innocent people to die, killed others for little reason, but he was our guy.

Our guy meets negan, Negan wastes glenn and abe in a hideous fashion.

Negan=bad

However, if we were following negan this whole time, our intro to rick is when he kills scores of people at the satellite outpost unprovoked.
Rick then becomes a super villain.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone will have to save him of course... commonwealth is a definite possibility, Al's girlfriend maybe?

As for madison, has it been 2 seasons or just 1? I thought she was killed at the mid season break last year.
Regardless, Morgan was gone from twd for 2 seasons, back for an episode, gone for 2 more... so a return could happen.

Real world wise, It seems the show runners were not in love with madison as the focus and moved on but left her able to come back if the new direction flopped.

I find John, Morgan, Al, and Daniel much more enjoyable to watch.... although I wish john wasnt so pussy whipped.

The difference to me is Morgan was one of many side characters... he was no where near a main character when he was missing from the show for years at a time.

Madison was, at the time, the Rick Grimes of FTWD, so to disappear her like that, and you may be right 1.5 seasons, it makes me think for her to return it might follow the same kinda path as Rick, with Commonwealth, unable or unwilling to return to her family for some reason.

I never found Madison to be a great character, she was very bland.... it was like they wanted FTWD to have a female Rick Grimes lead that was kinda like a Carol type badass woman who evolved via the zombie apocalypse.

But where Carol is this interesting and well-acted character who developed into what she is over 10 seasons.... FTWD tried to turn Madison from boring school counselor to Badass Scary Mama Bear in like 1-2 seasons and all throughout she was always kinda this bland middle ground. Not awful, not great, and that's bad for a lead in a show.

Also... I will say it since you brought it up... John being pussy whipped.

FTWD and TWD have become one of those annoyingly SUPER F****ING WOKE #GirlPower shows.

FTWD:
- Madison was in charge
- Alicia in charge of Nick, now Strand
- June in charge of John and half in charge of the Convoy group
- Grace in charge of half the Convoy, has Morgan pussy whipped
- Sara is a badass bitch who takes care of her poor disabled brother Wendell
- Ophelia was a badass bitch who took care of herself, didn't need anyone, had that Native American dude pussy whipped.
- Luciana had Nick pussy whipped, she a badass bitch who takes charge.
- Charlie is young, but a badass bitch who can survive on her own.
- Al is a badass journalist bitch who can survive on her own, don't need no one.

- Travis was Madison's bitch boy, then he died.
- Travis' son was fragile, emo, then he died.
- Strand was Madison's dog, now Alicia's dog
- Nick was Madison's mommy's boy, needed Alicia to take care of him, became Luciana's dog.
- Daniel, a former soldier/enforcer, was so fragile he broke, now he's Grace/June's dog.
- Morgan, a dude who survived on his own for 4-8 years, now a pussy whipped dog for Grace/June, sometimes freelances as Al's dog
- Dwight, lol a Negan Lt, pussy whipped by Sherry, now he's a subservient dog to June/Grace/Convoy.
- Rabbi dude, survived alone for a long time... omg Charlie and the girls, time to join the cult of emotionally sensitive men who serve them.
- Wes dude who survived alone a long time, sensitive guy who paints trees, changed and saved a girl in that truck stop.... appears to be yet another soldier in the dog army.

Find me one strong male character on FTWD who isn't either a pussy whipped bitch boy, or a fragile emotionally sensitive guy, or a subservient dog who does what he's told by the ladies, or some combo of all 3?

If you examine these male characters you find they've become dependent on being led/supervised by the female characters. They are not decision makers or leaders... unless you choose to count Morgan as a leader, but I would argue they quite explicitly state that June/Grace became 50/50 defacto leaders, and all Morgan seems to do is follow orders.

The notion that this is what men turn into, post zombie apocalypse... is beyond unrealistic.

I won't TLDR you on TWD, but it has gone the same route, look at who is in charge of every major group.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some thoughts on Negan.

Negan was introduced in the shittiest light possible.
He was undoubtedly a boogeyman of the biggest proportions.
We do not like him because he runs the saviors, and the saviors do shitty things to people.

Dude was a grade A asshole top to bottom at first.
Then we learned he did have empathy to a degree. Little moments here and there gave us pieces of his backstory.
We do not know much though, and the comics did not flesh a lot of that out.

We learned although he was kind of an asshole to her, he loved his wife deeply.
We know His bat that he carries is an homage to her.
We Know from conversational bits here and there that the sanctuary was a cesspool when he arrived. Rape, murder, anything goes.
We know that Simon was there, and it appears Simon was the architect of the slaughter at oceanside.
Additionally, when Negan made Simon drop to his knees and almost caved his head in, Negan referenced the slaughter at oceanside.
The way he referenced it, it appeared to have gone down before Simon and Negan took over the sanctuary and the saviors.

How bad would the saviors have been if negan DIDN'T take over?

What we do know is that Eugene tried to kill him by making the bullet for rosita, and he offered him a place. He let the woman who tried to shoot him live.
We know Sasha tried to kill him, and he offered her a place.
We know Rick killed scores of his people, and he only took out 2 of Ricks group.
We know Carl killed a couple of his guys and Negan took him home and cooked him dinner.
We now that rick tried to blow him up, and Negan only asked for one person for lucille.... and who knows if he would have even followed through?
We know that in the basement with Rick, when they are talking back and forth, that not a single person had been killed by a walker in his communities.
We know that he even went so far as to keep the arrangement with the Kingdom a secret from the citizens of the kingdom.

Theoretically, they could show a Negan backstory that paints the sanctuary as a brutal, deadly, genocidal group that Negan runs across and winds up in.
They could very well put together a story where Negan seizes control as almost a public service to the outside world... leading the nastiest collection of terrible people in the least deadly way possible.
Instead of the slaughter at oceanside, a slow slide towards actually saving people while neutralizing the very worst surving humanity has to offer... neutering them from the inside.
A story like that would be interesting- controlling bloodthirsty killers and slowly changing their ways.

At the end of the day, everything Negan does backs up the fact that he values people- up to and including the workers who are relived as hell to see him show up with father gabriel.
Those same workers likely had it FAR worse under the old regime.

If TWD really wanted to branch off in to a successful direction, a Negan backstory in the mold of Better call Saul would be something I would watch.