The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Going back over the episodes, I am ranking my favorite deaths.

Sam getting chomped for being a little bitch is my favorite. I stood up and pumped my fist when that walker chomped him. ont know why, just hated the sight of him.

Denise was oddly satisfying. I didnt mind her overall, but her death hit like sam jacksons death in Deep Blue Sea.
Yap yap yap ya-DEAD!

Daryl shooting Negans group with the RPG was another surprising and delightful death.

Abraham was stunning- Negan said he was going to "beat the holy hell" out of someone. Somehow I inerpreted that literally. Thought he was gonna get a beating, but not to death. Whack one where he got back up made me cringe, and then 2 or 3 in I just got more shocked... thinking "he is gonna kill his ass" sure enough, turned his head in to pudding.

Followed up by the first shot to Glenn- Thought they could not one up Abraham, and I was proven wrong in less than 5 minutes. The popped out eye was an especially nice touch.
(was glad I didnt read the comic before that- would have known it was coming. retroactively I am glad I read it. the panels of glenns death were faithfully delivered.)

cvlwz-dueaencut-207155.jpg

eRjZ75R.gif

This gif makes me smile when I'm having a bad day

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going back over the episodes, I am ranking my favorite deaths.

Some off the top of my head that you did not already cover in awesome GIF form....

*****GRAPHIC IMAGES WARNING******

It's been so long that you almost forget how hard this scene hit you during the first time through....

28F4FBECD0F37A3FA2F80B70C647A3575CF7548B

Satisfying kill all around, but it is Negan's dialogue afterwards that make it list worthy.....

DecisiveSociableKagu-size_restricted.gif

"Oh look, you did have guts. They were inside of you all along. How embarrassing!"

The one kill I never see coming no matter how many times I see this episode....

giphy.gif

My favorite Rick Grimes moment...
rpY24Y.gif

Steinbeck BITCHES!!!

tumblr_n2k7z7VdvV1r2acrxo1_500.gif

And no disrespect to Lucile, but this one still gets my top vote....

FDYr.gif

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Since you follow the comics based on what you posted how many more seasons do you see?

For the tenth time, the show will go on as long as it's making money, it has nothing to do with the comics, it has everything to do with money.

If it stops making money this season, it's gone (that will not happen, just an extreme example) if it's still making money in ten years (that won't happen either) it will still be running.

The entertainment business is a business, don't complicate it.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some off the top of my head that you did not already cover in awesome GIF form....

*****GRAPHIC IMAGES WARNING******

It's been so long that you almost forget how hard this scene hit you during the first time through....

28F4FBECD0F37A3FA2F80B70C647A3575CF7548B

Satisfying kill all around, but it is Negan's dialogue afterwards that make it list worthy.....

DecisiveSociableKagu-size_restricted.gif

"Oh look, you did have guts. They were inside of you all along. How embarrassing!"

The one kill I never see coming no matter how many times I see this episode....

giphy.gif

My favorite Rick Grimes moment...
rpY24Y.gif

Steinbeck BITCHES!!!

tumblr_n2k7z7VdvV1r2acrxo1_500.gif

And no disrespect to Lucile, but this one still gets my top vote....

FDYr.gif

That axel kill with carol was a great one I forgot about.
Lizzie and the flowers were great... Too bad they couldnt talk about the rabbits. Lizzie would want to dismember them.

Funny- they replayed Noahs death with that long haired savior, and I didnt really dig that one. Brutal sad death for noah, Not brutal enough for the dude who killed ben.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brutal sad death for noah

The GIF really does not do that scene justice. It was the most brutal kill on the show thus far. The look of horror on Noah's face when the walkers bust through. The reaction shots of Glenn on the verge of vomiting. The final close up of teeth ripping away Noah's face while he is trying to scream.

Pure horror.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The GIF really does not do that scene justice. It was the most brutal kill on the show thus far. The look of horror on Noah's face when the walkers bust through. The reaction shots of Glenn on the verge of vomiting. The final close up of teeth ripping away Noah's face while he is trying to scream.

Pure horror.
And glenn with a front row seat he cannot escape from.
I know glenn was a forgiving guy... but how do you not pay that one back for the good of humanity?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After last night, it seems they are jumping back in line with the comics. Negan with the whisperers, Eugene and the radio..
If that is the case, the whisperers should be wrapped up soon.

I can see them breaking away from the comics possibly- the biological warfare that is undoubtedly the cause of the sickness may wind up killing someone and may wind up triggering someone in to revenge.

I am not a master zombie biologist, but they could boil their water.
Maybe it would kill what was in there, maybe not- but boiling water is just the smart way to go. dysentary, bacteria, fish shit.. that water is probably rife with shit that would make zombie guts seem tame.
Surprised they have not been doing that all along.

Negan nailed down the time since capture at 8 years. that is pretty cool to finally know.

Negan as Betas apprentice was pretty damn good. I liked the scene where Beta tries to off him. The Beta negan showdown will be fun to watch.

Carol is a pain in the ass and is gonna get people killed. Carol quizzing Daryl about connie was interesting, but we dont know shit about Daryl's intentions.

If I had to guess using the filter of TV tropes, Daryl may finally show interest in connie and have her get offed by the whisperers putting him in to KILL MODE.
Carol would be the obvious choice to drive daryl batshit, but carol is too good a character to kill.
Dog is possible... historically dogs have been immune to bad endings (save for old yeller), but since "I Am Legend" things have been going all john wick for pooches.
I hope TWD is old school and keeps Dog safe.

No Zeke update was a bummer.

Overall I dug the episode. New info, new things to look forward to, and Negan living the Whisperer life was pretty damn cool. After I read the comic, I was leery about how Negans personality would be too cartoonish to translate, but they did a pretty damn good job.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was a bit disappointed with the Negan/Whisperers/Beta interactions.

I thought he was going to provide more lolz, say more outrageous shit like in the one comic bit, and then get beat down for it.

Perhaps that's coming.

One thing I found odd, and maybe it is similarly confusing in the comics...

Negan seemed to escape with no real plan, then he decided to go join up with the Whisperers by attacking them (sorta)?

One wrong swing of that bat and they may have just killed him instead of giving him a shot to join.

Fast forward and he makes it clear he wants to join, which in itself seems very odd to me.

He was a prisoner at Alexandria, yes... but he was treated fairly well considering what he did, and he did establish some relationships in Alexandria, most notably with Judith, but I am to believe he decided on a whim to go join Alpha and the Whisperers and wear zombie skin and work towards murdering her?

Seems likely his whole thing this last episode will be revealed to be a ploy... he will get inside and help destroy the Whisperers and earn his freedom.... either death or real.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was a bit disappointed with the Negan/Whisperers/Beta interactions.

I thought he was going to provide more lolz, say more outrageous shit like in the one comic bit, and then get beat down for it.

Perhaps that's coming.

One thing I found odd, and maybe it is similarly confusing in the comics...

Negan seemed to escape with no real plan, then he decided to go join up with the Whisperers by attacking them (sorta)?

One wrong swing of that bat and they may have just killed him instead of giving him a shot to join.

Fast forward and he makes it clear he wants to join, which in itself seems very odd to me.

He was a prisoner at Alexandria, yes... but he was treated fairly well considering what he did, and he did establish some relationships in Alexandria, most notably with Judith, but I am to believe he decided on a whim to go join Alpha and the Whisperers and wear zombie skin and work towards murdering her?

Seems likely his whole thing this last episode will be revealed to be a ploy... he will get inside and help destroy the Whisperers and earn his freedom.... either death or real.

Negan is no dumbass- Like him or hate him, he is crafty.
Killing that lady accidentally puts him back at evil negan status.
Michonne barely has a handle on things.
He also likely knows from Lydia and his own assumptions that the whisperers are coming.
He also understands psych ops- he used them himself. He likely knows Alpha is going to crush the communities spirit and then crush the community the moment lydia comes running back to her.
He made mention in the first couple episodes that uneasy citizens would inevitably lead to a dead Negan and the writing was on the wall.

So- He is in a bad light once again, he has no ability to talk lydia in to staying, he sees her persecution, and he knows lydia has one foot out the door.
He takes off.
He obviously had no intentions of going far. He was going to take the woman and the kid back to the community. (he would not go himself, but he would get close enough)

In the comic, he was joining the whisperers specifically to destroy them and gain ricks trust.
It looks to me like they are presenting it on the show as a result of 8 years of bullshit treatment... only to reveal it was his effort to single handedly do what the council seems unwilling to do.
To be honest, Michonne appears paralyzed with fear and none of them are really good at planning much. Rick was the logistics expert.
Negan destroying the whisperers fits him- crafty, psychotic, and most certainly self serving when he comes back. It saves him from having to go off and start from scratch, and he likely does care about the people in alexandria to a degree. He bought in to the life if not necessarily the leadership.

Perhaps we see the whisperer carol caught escape- perhaps we see daryl try and get him before he gets back to the camp. perhaps that leads to a daryl beta showdown, and a last minute Negan intervention when daryl is beaten. Seems par for the course.

As far as LOLS on the Beta Negan meetup- Negan did push his buttons enough to get him to attempt to kill him- The comic was funny but in reality Negan still pushed him over the edge comically enough.
I think the interactions become much better now that Negan has status. As a peon, he was at the edge of getting his throat cut several times.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie I was hoping they would act out that comic scene almost word for word with Jeff Dean Morgan throwing in his own spins on it.... that hilarious Negan reaction to meeting a new character, they pretty much skipped over it.

It could have kinda bridged the logic gap... Negan is being Negan the big bad wolf, talks shit to Beta... gets his ass kicked... decides to say he wants to join to save his skin.

Instead it was

Negan, the big bad wolf calls out the Whisperers -> Negan has decided to bow down and join

I mean you can do the fast-forward, they did... I just think Negan finding out being Negan could get him killed would have been hilarious and bridged the story gap.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie I was hoping they would act out that comic scene almost word for word with Jeff Dean Morgan throwing in his own spins on it.... that hilarious Negan reaction to meeting a new character, they pretty much skipped over it.

It could have kinda bridged the logic gap... Negan is being Negan the big bad wolf, talks shit to Beta... gets his ass kicked... decides to say he wants to join to save his skin.

Instead it was

Negan, the big bad wolf calls out the Whisperers -> Negan has decided to bow down and join

I mean you can do the fast-forward, they did... I just think Negan finding out being Negan could get him killed would have been hilarious and bridged the story gap.

I am really looking forward to Negan and the whisperers. I can see why they went this route-
Alpha kills a guy that saw her cry.
She asks Beta if now is the time to fight since he questioned her.
Honor is a HUGE deal to them, and I am hoping Negan getting status after whooping the shit out of beta will lead to the conflict.
It seems to be setting up that way. Beta went against Alphas orders and tried to kill negan.
Her displeasure at alpha and recognition of Negans all around bad assery should make for some good jockeying for position... and I bet Negan rubs Betas nose in it.
I can just imagine Negan Needling Beta that HE will be the new number 2, that Beta better get used to a new name.

There is hope yet for a Beta Negan snipe-fest... as a matter of fact this situation may prolong it.

...as far as names... I was half ass expecting Alpha to dub him Omega. It would be fitting, since he may end them.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As for his way of "joining"... that was an interesting choice.
In all honesty, i kind of thought it made sense.
Alpha strikes me as the type that would kill someone who just wandered in to the camp.
So what are the realistic options with such a whack job?

Disregarding the border, inviting death and an all out war, that is a crystal clear sign he doesnt give 2 shits about the communities.
whacking walkers until he spots the skin mask gets attention and shows lack of fear.
Wandering in with nothing but a bat shows he expects to stick around, and doesnt need supplies.
I thought it was a risky but logical course of action, and I cannot think of another way he would have gotten an audition.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for his way of "joining"... that was an interesting choice.
In all honesty, i kind of thought it made sense.
Alpha strikes me as the type that would kill someone who just wandered in to the camp.
So what are the realistic options with such a whack job?

Disregarding the border, inviting death and an all out war, that is a crystal clear sign he doesnt give 2 shits about the communities.
whacking walkers until he spots the skin mask gets attention and shows lack of fear.
Wandering in with nothing but a bat shows he expects to stick around, and doesnt need supplies.
I thought it was a risky but logical course of action, and I cannot think of another way he would have gotten an audition.

He could've gone to the border, made noise... drew them out, but still respecting the boundary.

Then when Alpha or Beta showed up, say you want to join.

What he did seems alot riskier...

He could have also went out there doing what he did, but shouting "Call off your fucking Walkers, I'm here to join"

I mean what he did worked... somehow... they skipped from him being surrounded to him joining with no explanation of how it was decided he deserved an audition.

I would argue the way he did it points to him taking the risk, so as to not be seen as a possible agent of Alexandria precisely because he is one.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He could've gone to the border, made noise... drew them out, but still respecting the boundary.

Then when Alpha or Beta showed up, say you want to join.

What he did seems alot riskier...

He could have also went out there doing what he did, but shouting "Call off your fucking Walkers, I'm here to join"

I mean what he did worked... somehow... they skipped from him being surrounded to him joining with no explanation of how it was decided he deserved an audition.

I would argue the way he did it points to him taking the risk, so as to not be seen as a possible agent of Alexandria precisely because he is one.

To the bolded, exactly.
any other way, Alpha says fuck off or kills him... he is either a spineless cuck because mean ol michonne chased him out or he is an agent of alexandria.
Another thought about him hitting up the border as a polite approach- If I am alpha and that happens, I assume this person was probably bitten and on a suicide run.
He took the route that proved a point and put "his people" at risk- solidifying he doesnt care about them.

Crafty and effective.

I do want the whisperers to wrap up soon. Alpha commands a fearsome army of walkers, but is personally a weak target.
SHe found a mental midget enforcer and that is all she has.
You have to imagine everyone except beta would switch sides at the cost of a bed, meal and shower.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To the bolded, exactly.
any other way, Alpha says fuck off or kills him... he is either a spineless cuck because mean ol michonne chased him out or he is an agent of alexandria.
Another thought about him hitting up the border as a polite approach- If I am alpha and that happens, I assume this person was probably bitten and on a suicide run.
He took the route that proved a point and put "his people" at risk- solidifying he doesnt care about them.

Crafty and effective.

I do want the whisperers to wrap up soon. Alpha commands a fearsome army of walkers, but is personally a weak target.
SHe found a mental midget enforcer and that is all she has.
You have to imagine everyone except beta would switch sides at the cost of a bed, meal and shower.

Idk about everyone, I think she has some true believers.

But I would think 50% minimum would bail if they could live a better life... bed, shower, etc.

I know in the comics Whisperers are a bit more brutal/fucked up than they show them to be in the show.

Rape is common, justified as like "This is how animals are"

Sexual/physical abuse are just kinda part of their society because they're animals and the biggest/strongest do what they want.

And IIRC they eat babies, maybe not all? But some?

Point being the life of a Whisperer is even more miserable than they make it out to be on the show, so given the chance of a better life, I would agree alot of them would take it, but I do think the minority who enjoy Alpha's way will still support her and die doing so.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Side note, that Gamma/Aaron interaction.... I am wondering what results.

Kinda wonder if Aaron might either get killed or captured... maybe Negan fights Beta to keep him from murdering Aaron.

That whole thing seemed extraneous, but if it leads to Aaron being captured and his relationship with Negan coming into play it would all kinda tie together.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Side note, that Gamma/Aaron interaction.... I am wondering what results.

Kinda wonder if Aaron might either get killed or captured... maybe Negan fights Beta to keep him from murdering Aaron.

That whole thing seemed extraneous, but if it leads to Aaron being captured and his relationship with Negan coming into play it would all kinda tie together.

That is an odd relationship that alpha wants her to cultivate. Especially with Negan there now, it kinda makes it moot.

The only way it is effective from alphas perspective at this point is to feed the communities disinformation.

It doesnt bode well for Aarons psyche- he had his "i dont wanna be the nice guy" meltdown with michonne... and what does he do? Offers his enemy a bandage when she is in the act of poisoning them (Why the fuck couldnt he put 2 and 2 together...realize what she was doing and how their water was poisoned and causing mass illness).

once he gets burned by gamma, will we see Carol/Morgan kill em all Aaron? Seems likely.

Or maybe he kills himself. We see suicides all over that world, but none of the main players took that route since beth tried in season 2 and may staying at the cdc in season 1.
Kinda surprised it isnt a common thing.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hell, Maybe Alpha will have Gamma tell them "where they are" and that they are planning an attack. Send everyone right in to a trap.
Although, would alpha really need to go that route?
Her horde would annihilate the communities easily.
None of her followers would care about killing innocents.
There is no value for them to keep the buildings intact.

SHe has a nuke she can use at any time, what extra support or protections do she and her people need?
Even if she were holding back for Lydias safety, that is still a stretch. Lydia can handle herself- she would gut the first walker she sees, suit up, and wander off.