The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thought on the Gamma thing... it sounded, from the way Alpha talked to her, that she was going to like pretty up Gamma and like try to send her as a damsel in distress at Aaron.

Alpha doesn't know Aaron is gay, so perhaps w/e kinda trap they set for Aaron will backfire?

She might assume Aaron will bite on the damsel in distress act, but maybe he sees thru it and uses it as some form of advantage.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another thought on the Gamma thing... it sounded, from the way Alpha talked to her, that she was going to like pretty up Gamma and like try to send her as a damsel in distress at Aaron.

Alpha doesn't know Aaron is gay, so perhaps w/e kinda trap they set for Aaron will backfire?

She might assume Aaron will bite on the damsel in distress act, but maybe he sees thru it and uses it as some form of advantage.

That would be funny as hell.
Too bad for alpha it wasnt eugene she ran in to... dude is dying to get laid. He put the vibes out to jerrys wife and is getting off on the apocalypse version of a chat room with some unknown chick.
He would give the keys to the castle away for a flash of vagina.

... on the eugene front-

That is exactly how the commonwealth interaction started. Eugene was in the dark about what they were, and only found up at the meet.
The whole situation seems to be following that path.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Overall I dug the episode. New info, new things to look forward to, and Negan living the Whisperer life was pretty damn cool. After I read the comic, I was leery about how Negans personality would be too cartoonish to translate, but they did a pretty damn good job.
Best ep in a long time!

I say, Jeffrey Dean Morgan put in a full throttle Negan performance. He must have been have a great time doing this.

Plus, excellent build up to the Alpha Beta climax:

Beta: He is a threat.
Alpha: To Alpha, or to Beta?
Beta: I think only of our people.
Alpha: Is it finally time for the Beta to become the Alpha?

Last edited:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So- after watching this past episode, I rewatched the last couple episodes of ftwd.

Here is my theory- twd is in touch with the commonwealth. That is who eugene has been talking to.
I believe that we are seeing the foundation of the commonwealth being built with virginia on Ftwd.

Ginny has 800 some odd people and a source of fuel production.
Ftwd is about 7 years give or take behind twd.
The commonwealth is going to spring up from ftwd, and eventually we will see a time jump to bring both shows together in time.

Additionally, it is obvious that the helicopter people al met are the same that took rick. I am guessing they took heath as well.

They certainly are not part of the commonwealth, and if I had to guess, that is the remnants of the military.
Staying quiet because they are working on a cure with their remaining resources.
If they operated in the open, people would flood them for protection.

To go further, I am guessing the movies will pit the commonwealth vs. The 3 ring helicopter people and rick will bring em both down and die at the end.

Just a guess, but things need to converge sooner or later.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Closure.
The source material which they seem to be drifting back to ended when rick met his end.
Although the path is different in a million ways, tv rules almost demand closure for michonne and his kids.

Without the morgan crossover, I would not have ever expected the 2 shows to meet- but Morgan's desire to get the group to alexandria will probably come back now that their quest to help people has been effectively dismantled.

As for real life motivation to cross them, apparently ftwd season 5 finale where it looks bleak for Morgan's survival had about a tenth of what the walking dead pulls in. Only 1.5 million.
They gotta do something to keep it alive, cause morgan and dwight dont appear to be doing the trick.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's irrelevant.
Maybe, maybe not.

But the fact of the matter is, rick is alive.
We know there are 3 movies scheduled.
In order for them to make any sense, they have to explain who the copter people are and why they wont let him go back to his family.
In order to keep believing that rick is a decent guy, getting back to his daughter has got to be his purpose.
He will either get there or die trying.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe, maybe not.

Nope, it's completely irrelevant.

But the fact of the matter is, rick is alive.
We know there are 3 movies scheduled.
In order for them to make any sense, they have to explain who the copter people are and why they wont let him go back to his family.
In order to keep believing that rick is a decent guy, getting back to his daughter has got to be his purpose.
He will either get there or die trying.

All of this is true and has nothing to do with combining the two shows. I haven't seen FTWD since season 2, so I have no idea what's going on with that shit.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will explain it then.
Eugene is talking to a broad on the radio. That is exactly the way they got in contact with the commonwealth in the comic.

Bringing ftwd in to it is due to how season 5 ended. All the survivors were taken to separate locations by a group that is 800 strong. They went according to where they could contribute.
It is easy to imagine that a group that strong could evolve in to the commonwealth over 7 or 8 years.
(They also have control of a rudimentary oil refinery.)

All that aside...guessing what they could become... there is the matter of the ham fisted foreshadowing the show is known for.
The leaders name is "virginia"
Virginia is one of 4 states that refer to themselves as commonwealth states. I doubt that is coincidence given the circumstances.

So-unless everyone on ftwd has died or run off in the intervening 7 or so years, that is where they cross.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will explain it then.
Eugene is talking to a broad on the radio. That is exactly the way they got in contact with the commonwealth in the comic.

I don't care about FTWD, so I didn't read the rest of that post. Eugene talking to a woman on the radio happened on TWD, so I already knew that. The commonwealth has never been mentioned on the show, so you are dropping comic spoilers, yet another reason to not read your shit.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't care about FTWD, so I didn't read the rest of that post. Eugene talking to a woman on the radio happened on TWD, so I already knew that. The commonwealth has never been mentioned on the show, so you are dropping comic spoilers, yet another reason to not read your shit.
Ah- I see. Still butthurt.

Pro tip- if you have no interest in discussing things related to the show, then quit making passive aggressive remarks just because you have a little axe to grind.

Seriously. Grow up.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ah- I see. Still butthurt.

Pro tip- if you have no interest in discussing things related to the show, then quit making passive aggressive remarks just because you have a little axe to grind.

Seriously. Grow up.

Stop dropping spoilers and claiming things that happened in TWD happened in FTWD, and stop being a dope. I have interest in discussing TWD, all you want to talk about is FTWD and the comics, start your own thread on those subjects and stay out of here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@number51 myself and @airtime143 are about the only regular people who discuss TWD lol you may want to make peace.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@number51 myself and @airtime143 are about the only regular people who discuss TWD lol you may want to make peace.

Nah, I'm good.

The source material which they seem to be drifting back to ended when rick met his end.

The dope thinks they will combine the two series because they ran out of comics material. I have no idea if they will combine them, but I guaranty the lack of comic book material will have no impact on the decision.

I'll continue to read your stuff because your theories are rational.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Pretty darn good ep 7, even without Negan. At least eventful, even if the build up on the doc was a bit stretched out, but I guess maybe he earned that screen time. nudge, nudge.

About the above convo. On one point, please don't introduce new material from the comic without a spoiler alert. The time someone mentioned the Whispers, they were good enough to put it in forum spoilers form. I don't read comics, but I did look at the Whispers spoiler, and had wished I hadn't. There's more than a little chance material from the comic will come to TWD TV show, so it definitely needs spoiler treatment. And thank you for doing that.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty darn good ep 7, even without Negan. At least eventful, even if the build up on the doc was a bit stretched out, but I guess maybe he earned that screen time. nudge, nudge.

About the above convo. On one point, please don't introduce new material from the comic without a spoiler alert. The time someone mentioned the Whispers, they were good enough to put it in forum spoilers form. I don't read comics, but I did look at the Whispers spoiler, and had wished I hadn't. There's more than a little chance material from the comic will come to TWD TV show, so it definitely needs spoiler treatment. And thank you for doing that.

I sat and watched the whole episode, and while interesting I didnt feel like it advanced the story much. Top to bottom it was siddiqs breakdown.
Yeah, he is tired, bummer, he screwed up, but we get it- the whisperer thing messed him up badly. Move on.

Then, BAM. Out of nowhere they hit you with the kicker. Turned it from a filler episode to a pretty decent episode.
The other doc was portrayed as an insufferable ass with minimal people skills... I guess now we know why.

2 issues I had with the episode though-
Supposedly Alpha sacrificing her daughter was a massive deal (and apparently deal breaker) for the whisperers. Gamma lost her mind when she saw lydia was alive, and the intent was to show the prisoner she was alive to crack him.
Apparently, it isnt that big of a deal to everyone. The doctor knew she was alive, and he obviously does not care. (there is always the chance that Alpha confided in him and sent him to watch or kill lydia as well as mess up the community from the inside,, but that doesnt seem like a real possibility given she knifed a dude that happened to see her cry)

That leads me to the second issue. Lydia recognized the prisoner even with his blindfold on. She identified what he did with the group despite being a low level guy.
Shouldnt she have recognized the doc?
We saw her break from alpha, we know the break was real, so she likely wouldnt cover for an alpha plant.

Liked the twist, but I dont see how it went unnoticed.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I sat and watched the whole episode, and while interesting I didnt feel like it advanced the story much. Top to bottom it was siddiqs breakdown.
Yeah, he is tired, bummer, he screwed up, but we get it- the whisperer thing messed him up badly. Move on.

Then, BAM. Out of nowhere they hit you with the kicker. Turned it from a filler episode to a pretty decent episode.
The other doc was portrayed as an insufferable ass with minimal people skills... I guess now we know why.

2 issues I had with the episode though-
Supposedly Alpha sacrificing her daughter was a massive deal (and apparently deal breaker) for the whisperers. Gamma lost her mind when she saw lydia was alive, and the intent was to show the prisoner she was alive to crack him.
Apparently, it isnt that big of a deal to everyone. The doctor knew she was alive, and he obviously does not care. (there is always the chance that Alpha confided in him and sent him to watch or kill lydia as well as mess up the community from the inside,, but that doesnt seem like a real possibility given she knifed a dude that happened to see her cry)

That leads me to the second issue. Lydia recognized the prisoner even with his blindfold on. She identified what he did with the group despite being a low level guy.
Shouldnt she have recognized the doc?
We saw her break from alpha, we know the break was real, so she likely wouldnt cover for an alpha plant.

Liked the twist, but I dont see how it went unnoticed.
Good point... Lydia knew the captured Whisperer, why doesn't she know the doctor? that's a pretty long thread hanging off that garment. But we know Lydia's break from Alpha is real because the show displayed the break when they were alone, so neither of them were preforming for anyone.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lydia knew the captured Whisperer, why doesn't she know the doctor?

Why didn't the prisoner know who the doctor was?

(He knew Sadiq)

Why did a man with extensive medical training end up with the lowest denominator of people left?

Why did Alpha make a doctor a spy?

Do The Whisperers not need medical attention ever?

Why did Dr. Spy even bother to reveal himself?

How does the viewer know that really happened and was not part of Sadiq losing his mind all season long?

The writing on this show has never been flawless, but this "twist" was weak and nonsensical. Are they just trying to get me to walk away???

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it bad I really hope Siddiq is fucking dead so I can stop watching him have PTSD?

I kept waiting for it to mean something... cause something.... reveal something.

Assuming he really did die.. they kept bashing me over the head with "LOOK SIDDIQ HAS PTSD" so in the end it would trigger him to recognize a Whisperer Spy and get killed.

Sometimes TWD writers are relentless with their themes.