This is comical

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say it's *that* crazy. Like it's definitely cubs favored but Verdugo when he was still a prospect was near the back 1/4 of the top 100 or just on the edge out depending on who you looked at. Lux is generally considered a top 15 prospect. The going price for Bryant would likely be 2 top 100 prospects. IMO Lux would be too much but if it were Verdugo and Keibert Ruiz that'd likely be "fair". Then again, I'm not interested in "fair" trades for Bryant if i'm the cubs. I want a definite win. So, I could definitely see them asking for Lux or May should the trade talks ever happen.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say it's *that* crazy. Like it's definitely cubs favored but Verdugo when he was still a prospect was near the back 1/4 of the top 100 or just on the edge out depending on who you looked at. Lux is generally considered a top 15 prospect. The going price for Bryant would likely be 2 top 100 prospects. IMO Lux would be too much but if it were Verdugo and Keibert Ruiz that'd likely be "fair". Then again, I'm not interested in "fair" trades for Bryant if i'm the cubs. I want a definite win. So, I could definitely see them asking for Lux or May should the trade talks ever happen.
Dodgers are the only team I see trading for Bryant in scenarios. I believe the Cubs would have to be blown away to trade him or Contreras. Problem is I have a hard time seeing Andrew Friedman going all in based on his background.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think if they trade Contreras or Bryant, it would probably be Contreras.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If it were true

Baez 3B
Lux SS
Nico 2B
Verdugo CF

I believe Caratini will end up with more action with his value depressed as a back up and teams looking to get a cheaper price tag. Wilson should get the same return Bryant gets.

But that turn over with Nico should change the line up dynamic.

I just don't know how much trade weight KB has right now. He could pound another 7 WAR season very easily so that has to be factored in on the value est. He was off injury and this year for the most part past it. So 5-6 WAR should be a baseline value for him and 2 years of control. So that return to be honest is in line with it