Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can tell me at the end of the season, when Denver is in the bottom 3 of the teams in our schedule.
Why do the facts I am telling you now about Denver home openers hurt your sensibilities?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Why do the facts I am telling you now about Denver home openers hurt your sensibilities?
Sensibilities? How about common sense, and what facts?
You’re telling me that there’s something supernatural that makes bad teams play better in just one month of the season in a certain geographical place? I don’t belive those thing, it’s just a coincidence.
Last year alone, the Broncos in September, they beat the Seahawks by 3 points, a bad Seahawks team at the start of the season, and beat the lowly, last place Raidesr by 1 point! You want me to look up every year? How many years was that?
The Bears haven’t won the first game of the season in 7 years now, does that makes them a bad team? No.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re telling me that there’s something supernatural that makes bad teams play better in just one month of the season in a certain geographical place? I don’t belive those thing, it’s just a coincidence.
Last year alone, the Broncos in September, they beat the Seahawks by 3 points, a bad Seahawks team at the start of the season, and beat the lowly, last place Raidesr by 1 point! You want me to look up every year? How many years was that?
The Bears haven’t won the first game of the season in 7 years now, does that makes them a bad team? No.
The defense was gassed. Did you not see Khalil on the sidelines gasping for air in the 4th quarter? And that's Khalil Fucking Mack.

I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that altitude can have impact on games, especially early in the season.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Broncos Schedule:

at Raiders - lost
vs Bears - lost
at Packers - L
vs Jaguars - W
at Chargers - L
vs Chiefs - W
at Colts - W
vs Browns - W
at Vikings - L
at Bills - W
vs Chargers - W
at Texans - W
at Chiefs - L
vs Lions - W
vs Raiders - W

I have them at 10-6

LOL!!! That is not how it's gonna happen.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, you don't believe in temperature, heat index, and altitude sickness? And you believe it is just coincidence that a team that has gone 164-124 (.569) is 17-1(.944) in home opener during that same time span? By your logic, Miami coming to play in a winter blizzard in Chicago, GB, or Buffalo is at no disadvantage to the team acclimated to that weather. Are you really going to stand by that... logic?

And honestly you refute the fact that they are better in th high altitude heat of Denver in Sept by pointing out that a third of their season wins(2/6) were in Denver in September last season, one of their 2 wins all season against a playoff team? You are making my point better than I could.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I don't think much of Mitch's long term prospects but by God I hope he has a great game Monday night just so that everyone can STFU for a week...

pablovi

Liked Posts:
The defense was gassed. Did you not see Khalil on the sidelines gasping for air in the 4th quarter? And that's Khalil Fucking Mack.

I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that altitude can have impact on games, especially early in the season.

Ok, having an impact is one thing, being unbeatable, as you put it, is another. They’ll still lose most times against better teams. Like they did against KC and Patriots the last two years.

The defense was gassed the first game as well, by being in the field most of the time and being out of game shape.

Fact is, Denver is a below average team and it’s defense it’s at most average.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What are the Broncos bad at? Give me specifics.

See Briggs post. That is closer to their likely record than yours.

They are bad at offense. Have you not watched the past two weeks? Their D is also not very good unless Chubb or Miller get pressure. See 4th and 15 where ARob was wide fucking open.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All this doom and gloom might also make sense if it has been this way for more than 2 games, or if the Bears were winless.

Some people care about the journey not the destination. We won but the way we did left more questions than answers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or you could read the post I was responding to that had nothing to do with this Bears team, but that would require you acquiring better reading comprehension skills in the next few minutes

You posted in a Bears related thread and said a good D can carry a decent or slightly below average offense.

It is entirely fair to note the Bears are in fact an atrocious offense right now.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
LOL, you don't believe in temperature, heat index, and altitude sickness? And you believe it is just coincidence that a team that has gone 164-124 (.569) is 17-1(.944) in home opener during that same time span? By your logic, Miami coming to play in a winter blizzard in Chicago, GB, or Buffalo is at no disadvantage to the team acclimated to that weather. Are you really going to stand by that... logic?

altitude sickness at that altitude??? LOL! It starts way higher than that, heck I live about 50% higher than Denver, and no one gets altitude sickness here. And no, believe me, my local team is not undefeated, not by a long shot. Heat index? Why Miami is not undefeated in September?

It is a coincidence that they play the Raiders every September, and they can beat another bad or average team, that’s its. They still lost to KC and NE the last two years in September. So, I guess the Bears are undefeated in December?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ok, having an impact is one thing, being unbeatable, as you put it, is another. They’ll still lose most times against better teams. Like they did against KC and Patriots the last two years.

The defense was gassed the first game as well, by being in the field most of the time and being out of game shape.

Fact is, Denver is a below average team and it’s defense it’s at most average.

They were better than average last year, and statistically they've been better than average this year so far too. Not sure how what you're saying is a fact.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You posted in a Bears related thread and said a good D can carry a decent or slightly below average offense.

It is entirely fair to note the Bears are in fact an atrocious offense right now.
So you replied to my post about the fact that good defenses actually are more important than good offenses for the recent SB winners by informing me of that little known fact that the Bears offense is currently performing poorly.

Thanks?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
See Briggs post. That is closer to their likely record than yours.

They are bad at offense. Have you not watched the past two weeks? Their D is also not very good unless Chubb or Miller get pressure. See 4th and 15 where ARob was wide fucking open.
They are not bad at offense. You are gonna look bad when you play the Bears defense. And if you watched their first game against Oakland, you will realize that game was a fluke. Players were not in sink. Sanders had a few TDs if he didn't slip on the pathetic baseball setup in Oakland.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
They were better than average last year, and statistically they've been better than average this year so far too. Not sure how what you're saying is a fact.
Who, The Broncos? The were 6-10, that’s .375, below average. And the Defense was the number 22! WTF are you talking about?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flacco is not great but he is a top 15 QB. He played well for the Ravens for numerous years especially in high pressure games in the playoffs or against the rival Steelers. Emanuel Sanders is a great WR. I would consider taking him over Robinson.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

Lol, the dude was the 26th and 28th ranked QB by passer rating in the last 2 years. In what world is that top 15 QB?

They are not bad at offense. You are gonna look bad when you play the Bears defense. And if you watched their first game against Oakland, you will realize that game was a fluke. Players were not in sink. Sanders had a few TDs if he didn't slip on the pathetic baseball setup in Oakland.

See above, Flacco is a terrible QB based on the last few years. You are delusional to say he is top 15. Did you stop following the Ravens like 5-10 years ago?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you replied to my post about the fact that good defenses actually are more important than good offenses for the recent SB winners by informing me of that little known fact that the Bears offense is currently performing poorly.

Thanks?

No I responded by noting your point is irrelevant to this thread because a good D has only proven to be successful in carrying decent to slightly below average offenses.

As the Bears offense is currently atrocious, I have no idea why you posted in this thread about the negativity around the Bears.

Most people are aware good defenses can win championships. I think most people are also away that good defenses are not going to necessarily win championships if your offense averages under 10 ppg.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Who, The Broncos? The were 6-10, that’s .375, below average. And the Defense was the number 22! WTF are you talking about?
Their defense was ranked 12th in points (that's despite a poor offense that didn't help them). They were in the top 8 in sacks and INTs. They gave up more yards than average, that's it. This year they also have Vic Fangio, who should make them better.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
altitude sickness at that altitude??? LOL! It starts way higher than that, heck I live about 50% higher than Denver, and no one gets altitude sickness here. And no, believe me, my local team is not undefeated, not by a long shot. Heat index? Why Miami is not undefeated in September?

It is a coincidence that they play the Raiders every September, and they can beat another bad or average team, that’s its. They still lost to KC and NE the last two years in September. So, I guess the Bears are undefeated in December?
FFS, altitude sickness is caused by a sudden increase in altitude without giving time to adapt to that elevation, of course no one living at your altitude gets sick, they fucking live there. And wtf does some high school teams record against other teams of similar elevations in some Podunk town have to do with anything?