This QB Competition Has To Be Completely Honest

Liked Posts:
If you have Foles clearly out play Mitch in TC and preseason and still start Mitch in the opener then Nagy will lose the locker room. The players know what they're seeing out there. That why this has to be completely fair and honest and the guy who clearly plays the best HAS to start. Nagy and Pace can't fool around with this, they can't afford to lose the locker room. There's no way around it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What would anyone have to gain by making this an unfair competition? Most likely scenario is that camp is pretty even, because most QBs look good vs air (I guess Trubisky was the exception at times last year), and even in preseason because it's preseason. But Nagy and Pace don't have any reason to lean towards one way or the other with bias. They need to win football games, not push an agenda any certain way. And besides, their track records show both guys are going to play at some point next year. Neither has finished a full season without being hurt. Neither has played well enough long-term to not get benched if there's another option.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If you have Foles clearly out play Mitch in TC and preseason and still start Mitch in the opener then Nagy will lose the locker room. The players know what they're seeing out there. That why this has to be completely fair and honest and the guy who clearly plays the best HAS to start. Nagy and Pace can't fool around with this, they can't afford to lose the locker room. There's no way around it.
And if Bray plays the best?

bufordht

Liked Posts:
What would anyone have to gain by making this an unfair competition? Most likely scenario is that camp is pretty even, because most QBs look good vs air (I guess Trubisky was the exception at times last year), and even in preseason because it's preseason. But Nagy and Pace don't have any reason to lean towards one way or the other with bias. They need to win football games, not push an agenda any certain way. And besides, their track records show both guys are going to play at some point next year. Neither has finished a full season without being hurt. Neither has played well enough long-term to not get benched if there's another option.

Logic is going to confuse them.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I was really hoping for a dishonest QB competition to tell you the truth.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Robinson publicly recruiting other QBs, I have a hard time thinking that Mitch hasn't already lost the locker room. IMO it's Foles or bust for the team's success There just happens to be no upside to releasing Mitch.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
What if the plan is to have Foles and his magic beans come in midseason, then lead the team to a Superbowl win? So far, Foles is batting 100% when he does this (sample size of 1). It's simple math here guys.

Half serious.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilbon doesn't think Mitch has a chance and he's been a Mitch defender (starts at 3:00 mins in):

msadows

Liked Posts:
No qb competition ever has been completely honest.

msadows

Liked Posts:
What if the plan is to have Foles and his magic beans come in midseason, then lead the team to a Superbowl win? So far, Foles is batting 100% when he does this (sample size of 1). It's simple math here guys.

Half serious.

This is more than likely what will happen, but not mid season. After about week 4.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It won’t be honest I’m sure their plans are already made up

they either have lost all confidence in trubisky and are foles all the way

or

Foles is insurance if trubisky plays like trubisky giving them an option b which they haven’t had since drafting trubisky

personally I like the second option more for long term health of the team might as well give trubisky a last chance for a few games

msadows

Liked Posts:
It won’t be honest I’m sure their plans are already made up

they either have lost all confidence in trubisky and are foles all the way

or

Foles is insurance if trubisky plays like trubisky giving them an option b which they haven’t had since drafting trubisky

personally I like the second option more for long term health of the team might as well give trubisky a last chance for a few games

Anyone who thinks otherwise are the sheep Nagy/Pace are trying to fool.

Literally hardly any qb competition ever, if any, has been "honest". There is always one guy who the GM and HC prefer. Obviously they won't say that to the media.

What did you goobers assume nagy/pace would say during their conference? Ohh no, we brought in foles just in case mitch sucks. I hope you guys enjoy watching mitch suck!

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Half serious.
Actually 1-1 in that scenario. 2018 was pretty similar to 2017.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The nice thing is we have enough invested in both, but we could also drop both next year without crippling the Franchise. so how they play SHOULD be the only factor.....

Internal politics could play a part, but I am just not sure there is a reason to start one over the other, other than play on the field....

msadows

Liked Posts:
The nice thing is we have enough invested in both, but we could also drop both next year without crippling the Franchise. so how they play SHOULD be the only factor.....

Internal politics could play a part, but I am just not sure there is a reason to start one over the other, other than play on the field....

Well....one of them is the highest draft pick this franchise has ever made.

The other is making 5million dollars and is 31.

I think there is a "reason" to start one over the other. A heavy reason, actually. I just don't know if its a good one.