Thoughts on Week 1 Packers-Bears (Amos Game)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Also, personal opinion, but I thought the PI on Roquan was baloney as Graham never really ran to the ball imo. The OPI on Gabriel was kinda bogus too because it didn’t look like he even moved the defender as he jumped, but you can’t be obvious and put both arms out like that.

I thought he Amos INT was legit as it looked like ARob got incidentally tangled up and tripped.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not that excited. We play in Denver against the only Defensive coach who knows this offense better than Nagy. It could very well be a complete blood bath and the Bears Interior OL is going to get completely destroyed.
That and Mitch better not be staring down his throws again. Amos: 'he had that look' like he was going to throw it regardless.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Fangio is about to clown the shit out of Nagy in Denver too. Life as a Bears fan I guess.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Another note: the Rodgers TD to Graham was pretty lucky if you ask me, he just awkwardly lobbed it up there (I suppose because Bush had his back to the ball).

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This, their coverage was surprisingly good. What bothered me is how we couldn't answer what they were doing. Mitch got tunnel vision and missed some reads but they weren't big windows or open that long. That Nagy couldn't adjust to what they were doing bothered me more than Mitch's play and Mitch's play definitely bothered me.
I believe some of it is, despite the attention paid to the WR group in the offseason, we don't have the horses beyond Allen Robinson. Green Bay was not afraid of the receivers.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Another note: the Rodgers TD to Graham was pretty lucky if you ask me, he just awkwardly lobbed it up there (I suppose because Bush had his back to the ball).

That is really Graham's only value to the team...he can box out on TD lobs, otherwise he is too much of a sloth to run pass routes or block people. At least Rodgers end zone lob was into single coverage...j/k

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is really Graham's only value to the team...he can box out on TD lobs, otherwise he is too much of a sloth to run pass routes or block people. At least Rodgers end zone lob was into single coverage...j/k
lol burn.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Trubisky never looks Miller’s way for some reason. It’s so strange.

I’m also starting to think that U TE is what runs this offense. Missing Burton hurts.
Burton is fucking smart. He squats in zones and is always Mitch's safety valve. Stonehands She'heen needs to stick with goalline plays.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
*David Montgomery had a surprising deep reception, but he looked terrible running the ball. Too much Marion Barber in his style, fighting off defenders one at a time, too much stop-start, breaks 4 tackles and gains 1 or 2 yards. I didn’t like what I saw.

You're a fucking Special person.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have to agree with everything in the OP, this was easily the worst coached game I've seen from Nagy, and possibly the worst game I've seen from the offense as a whole since Trubs took over. Absolutely pathetic, lethargic. The only one who seemingly gave a shit was ARob (if that man doesn't see 10+ targets every game, that's a travesty). The o line was atrocious (Kyle Long anyone? He had at least 6 missed assignments in pass pro), and has been something I've been warning people about all off season. You can't just completely neglect to draft o line and expect your same old slow often injured players to not suck at playing football. Pace blundered, again.

At least the defense seems to be a top unit yet again, talks of regression can be staved off for now. I wish the same could be said for Trubs. The amount of missed throws and poor decision making was concerning, to put it mildly.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
*David Montgomery had a surprising deep reception, but he looked terrible running the ball. Too much Marion Barber in his style, fighting off defenders one at a time, too much stop-start, breaks 4 tackles and gains 1 or 2 yards. I didn’t like what I saw.

6 carries for 18 yards.

But yeah, if you're someone who watched him in college, you would know this is pretty much his 'norm'

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not that excited. We play in Denver against the only Defensive coach who knows this offense better than Nagy. It could very well be a complete blood bath and the Bears Interior OL is going to get completely destroyed.

Denver is usually very good in September especially at home as well. Not going to be a pretty game.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
6 carries for 18 yards.

But yeah, if you're someone who watched him in college, you would know this is pretty much his 'norm'
Collinsworth was bout ready to B his L on Al's T's last night talking about how many tackles Montgomery broke in college.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
GET EXCITED.
Nagy should have a good read on Fangios defense too.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

EAT SHIT!!! DIE!!!!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Let’s not kid ourselves here .... the packers defense did nothing special. The bears offense was shit.
Everyone was covered for the most part and they applied enough pressure to disrupt Mitch.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I stopped reading at “Montgomery looked terrible running the ball”. Okay, this completely opposite of how he looked. Him and Robinson were the only two players who did anything all game. Montgomery looked great running the ball and if Nagy would have kept him in the game, the Bears would have won. Wims also ran some good routes but Trubisky missed him with a high throw on one of them. Watching that play live at the stadium, I thought if Trubisky hits that play Wims would have had a chance at a long touchdown.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I stopped reading at “Montgomery looked terrible running the ball”. Okay, this completely opposite of how he looked. Him and Robinson were the only two players who did anything all game. Montgomery looked great running the ball and if Nagy would have kept him in the game, the Bears would have won. Wims also ran some good routes but Trubisky missed him with a high throw on one of them. Watching that play live at the stadium, I thought if Trubisky hits that play Wims would have had a chance at a long touchdown.
6 carries, 18 yards

"Looked great"

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think he looked great. Keep in mind though it was his first game and the Packers owned the Bears OLine like you said. I am excited that he can improve.
I'm in no way writing him off, but if someone says he 'looked great' I'm going to question what game they were watching.

Only one player looked great on the Bears O last night, and it definitely wasn't Monty.