Three games in, which big salary cap dump players are trending?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There are 10 Bears that would save the Bears $2.9M+ to cut after the season

Which ones are making cutting them an easy or hard decision?
Easy: Kinda no brainers
Long
Amukamara
Patterson
Davis

Hard: Not going anywhere
Fuller
Robinson
Hicks
Leno

TBD: Interesting but at the cap # consistent and improved production needs to be seen.
Floyd
Gabriel

What do you got?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Floyd isn't going anywhere unless they trade him. Gabriel can go. Gabriel is somewhat of a one trick pony that's really short.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Agree with your easy ones. Would also throw in Gabriel. They did draft Riley Ridley. They are grooming Miller and Wims as well

greg23

Liked Posts:
in order

Long
Davis
Gabriel

next up

Patterson
Prince

no way

Hicks
Floyd
Fuller
Robinson
Leno

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't think Prince is a no-brainer right now. Going to depend on how much they like SHelley and Tolliver. If they want to move Skrine to the outside to replace Prince, Shelley will need to be really good in the slot. Haven't seen Tolliver active yet.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Floyd isn't going anywhere unless they trade him. Gabriel can go. Gabriel is somewhat of a one trick pony that's really short.

Until we get someone actually better than Gabriel I can't agree. People don't seem to realize that Taylor Gabriel is nearly the only receiver we have right now that is consistently getting separation from his defender. I mentioned it many times over this past off-season. Gabriel was also one of the receivers that gained the most separation last season, league-wide. Yet that doesn't slow down the cut Gabriel talk even after a 3TD performance.

Also, Floyd is thus far earning his paycheck through three games.

Long, Patterson and Davis are dead weight thus far. I'm not convinced we have a cornerback in the pipeline that can play approaching Prince's level though. That one should sting a bit if he's gone.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Ridley runs a 4.58 at only 200lbs, which is not all that great for a WR his size. Plus, he doesn't play special teams. Silly pick for us if you ask me. It says alot about te 4th round of last year's draft if he was BPA at the time.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Was Davis really bad during camp? I don't know why Nagy ain't using him.
Feel kinda bad for him. He came up with the name Run DMC.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Ridley runs a 4.58 at only 200lbs, which is not all that great for a WR his size. Plus, he doesn't play special teams. Silly pick for us if you ask me. It says alot about te 4th round of last year's draft if he was BPA at the time.

the 40 time equating to a good receiver is crap...guys like anquan boldin, hines ward, jarvis landry, chad ocho cinco all come to mind as guys who did not have good 40 times and all of guys above were studs for their teams...i'm sure there are more I can't think of...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Oh he is getting carries. Its just that he does nothing with them. Hard to fault him with how piss poor the line is run blocking right now but he isn't a back that has shown an ability to get yards after contact like Monty has. Which is why people were frustrated seeing Patterson or Davis get carries last game when Monty was carrying people for yardage past contact. Even when it looked like he was going to get swallowed up for no gain.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He's buried on the depth chart. Simple as that. Not only are there several WRs ahead of him, but when you have gadget guys like Cohen and Patterson taking reps at WR, it's hard to get on the field as the #5 WR.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ridley is definitely just an insurance WR right now. Being that Gabriel is in concussion protocol there is a chance you see Ridley dressing for this game with an outside shot at some snaps. But really I expect Wims to get most of those reps.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
Davis got 1 carry Monday night...does he even make the year? Comp pick on the line ?