Time to admit it; Mitch is god awful

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tomato, tomahto … Mitch was 40 some % on passes 15 yards or more, failed to read / read too slowly to matter and has a weird tendency of missing wildly on throws to the entire left side of the field.

If you would reserve it for Concannon and Douglass, God bless. I mean they weren't first QBs taken overall in their draft classes neither but again … potato, potahto

No need to act like the moniker is ridiculous and people are being unreasonable.

9 total yards of offense in an entire first half. It may not have FINISHED as one of the worst QB years in Bears history but it definitely had lows that were literally some of the worst QB play in Bears history.

Good God.....could you have missed the point by any more? The point is a mediocre QB like Mitch is a Bear Top 5......in the last 50 FUCKING years. Doesn't mean dick where he was drafted. He didn't draft himself. It's not the player.

It's the franchise.....it's the ownership. Nothing will change till that does. Crying about one player here on a gazzillion different threads won't change anything. What there should be is a gazzilion threads about the McCaskeys and their inability to get quality people to run the show....or better yet, get out of football completely. This has been going on for way too long.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I hope to God he has no special fucking lady friend and is at home quarantining with some hand lotion, some ramen noodles and the playbook for about the next 4 months

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Good God.....could you have missed the point by any more? The point is a mediocre QB like Mitch is a Bear Top 5......in the last 50 FUCKING years. Doesn't mean dick where he was drafted. He didn't draft himself. It's not the player.

It's the franchise.....it's the ownership. Nothing will change till that does. Crying about one player here on a gazzillion different threads won't change anything. What there should be is a gazzilion threads about the McCaskeys and their inability to get quality people to run the show....or better yet, get out of football completely.

Good GOD … could YOU have missed the point any more? The point is you give us a hard time for saying he plays "god awful" which he does at more points than he doesn't (mediocre lol)

as if that term should just be reserved for those who sucked longer because YOU have determined that is best for all fans.

And then go on a tangent about ownership being to blame as if anyone here would even disagree with that. If they wanted to get out of football completely I'd help them out faster by kicking their collective asses.

So … Yay us for agreeing? Wtf, brother. haha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I got that. And I say you look at things strangely and I don't get it nor agree myself.

Need him to be bad enough? So if you had a choice between Foles playing MVP-like QB play like he did for Kelly and he did for Pederson for 2 years and him just being good enough to still have a great season and make the playoffs, you choose the latter becuase it saves money?

If I am interpreting correctly, you look at things strangely and I am not on board with you here

which further shows how misguided dabears70 is hahahaha

I said just bad enough to miss the trigger. Read what I said to MS. if the trigger was 4k and 30 TDs then yes I would rather 3.9k passing and 30 TDs for example. He just barely misses the trigger but it means jack shit in terms of wins or losses. Hence why I said he still has a great season and we make the playoffs even if he just barely misses trigger.

But you are free to disagree. No biggie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

It's the franchise.....it's the ownership. Nothing will change till that does. Crying about one player here on a gazzillion different threads won't change anything.

What there should be is a gazzilion threads about the McCaskeys and their inability to get quality people to run the show....or better yet, get out of football completely. This has been going on for way too long.

^^^^^
THIS

For yrs. I've been saying ownership has NO commitment, NO plan for winning a SB. "Just BE competitive" .....is the philosophy. PROOF..... Hell.....we hire the most inexperienced ppl.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good GOD … could YOU have missed the point any more? The point is you give us a hard time for saying he plays "god awful" which he does at more points than he doesn't (mediocre lol)

as if that term should just be reserved for those who sucked longer because YOU have determined that is best for all fans.

And then go on a tangent about ownership being to blame as if anyone here would even disagree with that. If they wanted to get out of football completely I'd help them out faster by kicking their collective asses.

So … Yay us for agreeing? Wtf, brother. haha

Well, I'm all broken up about the "hard" time I gave you. Everyone is all up in arms about one guy like this some sort of newsflash....it's been going on for years. It's nothing new.

But hey, don't let me stop the water works....maybe there can be 100 more threads about him. Then you can start a new one on why Foles sucks....because you know he will. He's now in the Bears QB Fraternity.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm all broken up about the "hard" time I gave you. Everyone is all up in arms about one guy like this some sort of newsflash....it's been going on for years. It's nothing new.

But hey, don't let me stop the water works....maybe there can be 100 more threads about him. Then you can start a new one on why Foles sucks....because you know he will. He's now in the Bears QB Fraternity.

Nah. We'll be good next year.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been watching a lot of gamepass since I've been under quarantine.

The guy is just.....lol. Just rewatched the Eagles game which was one of his worst and this play made me cry:

jaP85St.png

Nagy legit runs 5 wide and has them all either curl at 5-10 yards or run a simple in, all the dudes are technically open, Miller is by far the safest choice and mitch is staring the fucker down. What does he do with a clean pocket? Well, lets move up past leno and get sacked. The fuck.

After watching like 10 weeks of tape now from the all 22 I can say mitch is worse than blake bortles.

I'm finally on the bandwagon boys. Time to burn my Jersey

Clearly, the guy is one TE away from restoring his Pro Bowl status.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Been watching a lot of gamepass since I've been under quarantine.

The guy is just.....lol. Just rewatched the Eagles game which was one of his worst and this play made me cry:

jaP85St.png

Nagy legit runs 5 wide and has them all either curl at 5-10 yards or run a simple in, all the dudes are technically open, Miller is by far the safest choice and mitch is staring the fucker down. What does he do with a clean pocket? Well, lets move up past leno and get sacked. The fuck.

After watching like 10 weeks of tape now from the all 22 I can say mitch is worse than blake bortles.

You should spit on it too, just so the transformation can be complete.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Its sad because he reads the field and sees the open guy sometimes then just decides "huh, well, IDK maybe I shouldnt throw that". That or he holds onto the ball too long and throws it late. That shit happens a ton.

How the fuck you an nfl qb and don't trust your arm at all? It's like the dude is going out there not to make a mistake instead of trying to make a play.

That sounds more like a coaching issue than a QB issue..... If you are in his head all week and then just expect him to go out and trust himself, that is not going to happen. I wonder if our resident QB whisperer is doing damage with his whispering. To pivot, it could also be that Mitchell is just weak in the brane and cannot take criticism well and that is having an affect on the field. Either way, there is a problem there and as much as the brass has attempted to downplay it, the layman can see it is a problem.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

The fuck is your point? People can’t dislike Mitch and the owners at the same time? The fact that run and shoot is quoting you in support should let you know you’re wrong.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Relax dude, I was joking because I know TL is another guy who was always defending Mitch in the game threads.
No. Simply bringing a slight touch of reason to the torch and pitchfork mentality.

Playing behind this O line is not a good situation for any QB. But I have no complaint that we will be giving someone else a shot. I am not at all satisfied with where Trubisky is, and I have no reason to not want competition/replacement.

The team would be a very legit contender with a QB playing above average. We didn't get that from Mitch.
Any "defending" I did was to point out that OL is awful and that most criticism of any Bears player is overstated.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
How'd you go from Mopeds biggest fan to realization over night? Did you finally watch him play?
He watched one of the breakdown videos of Mitch that have been popping up on YT since the Foles signing and had his mind changed. He "re watched" the Philly game is nonsense.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

and this is just you as a fan watching repeats.

Imagine the coaches and teammates when they breakdown game film on Monday at the microscopic level rewinding bad plays over and over all knowing but can't say publicly....the big elephant in the room.

Or the opponents the following week who are scouting the Bears offense...

WOW!!!

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm all for saying that Trubisky is not good, or that Trubisky is bad. What I'm not all about is pretending that this team is a career backup QB away from winning a Super Bowl.

I'm on-board the Foles train, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that he balls out in Chicago. But the draft needs to upgrade this OL badly. RG and a LT imo. We need a WR. We probably need another RB.

People need to be held accountable for Trubisky not being the guy. People need to be held accountable if this doesn't work out with Foles, too.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Foles played behind one of the best, if not the best, o lines in football with the eagles.

Make no mistake. This offense is screwed. Foles is an upgrade over Mitch but the o line remains unchanged. This team is going to look dreadfully similar to how it did a year ago. None of the changes made so far will have any meaningful impact on the win loss total.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
That sounds more like a coaching issue than a QB issue..... If you are in his head all week and then just expect him to go out and trust himself, that is not going to happen. I wonder if our resident QB whisperer is doing damage with his whispering. To pivot, it could also be that Mitchell is just weak in the brane and cannot take criticism well and that is having an affect on the field. Either way, there is a problem there and as much as the brass has attempted to downplay it, the layman can see it is a problem.

O line needs upgrades for sure and the draft should take care of that side of the ball.

Also remember the QB play has just a big an impact as well. The Titans for one with Marcus Mariota behind center was on pace to give up 70 QB sacks in a 16 game season which would have been a NFL record, lol

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This issue with Mitch, and it’s something that keeps coming up, is that he might be a bit... dumb.

Nagy’s system is complex & although I’ve many bones of contention in with this HC, he’s right when he says Mitch should know the playbook better than he does.

When Mitch is under pressure we see the best of him, at times. But if he’s a bit slow to pick things up then you need to simplify & play to strengths.

I was of the opinion that he’s not finished, we still don’t know who he is. But I don’t hold out much hope for him or expect Foles, who is Nagy’s choice, to sit behind him for long.