Titans release Amano - Would you take him over Garza?

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210000/article/tennessee-titans-waive-eugene-amano-after-nine-seasons

The Tennessee Titans waived center Eugene Amano on Thursday, ending his nine-year tenure with the franchise.

The Titans drafted Amano in the seventh round of the 2004 NFL Draft. Amano appeared in 124 games for the Titans, with 68 starts. He spent all of 2012 on injured reserve after suffering a triceps injury in training camp.

Amano, 31, is a vested veteran and is now an unrestricted free agent.

It is my understanding that the Titans had been planning to release him for a while now, but waited until he was healthy. Before last year's triceps injury, he had only missed 2 games in the last 4 years. At 31, I don't think he's too old, and I personally would love to have him on a 1 year deal, at the right price. I think Garza's pretty washed up and shouldn't be starting, so another veteran would be a nice replacement. Of course, he'd be only temporary until we sign Brian De La Puente next offseason.

What do you think?

I guess another way of looking at it is would you rather have Amano, or Sedrick Ellis because you can probably only afford one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 games in 5 years?

How about we sign Ellis and find our own 7th round or UDFA?

Look up Lonergan, his experience, strength, and what Kromer told him. (the future at that position might already be here)

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
nah, but I'd take their LG, RG, C, or backup C over any of our interior players

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Look up Lonergan, his experience, strength, and what Kromer told him. (the future at that position might already be here)

I don't know about you, but I don't feel all that comfortable with an UDFA not only starting on the OL, but being the all important Center. I'd feel much more comfortable with a veteran snapping the ball. I think Lonergan is a great prospect to develop, but there's a reason he went undrafted, and he probably shouldn't be starting Year 1. 1 rookie on the OL is enough for me. He's only 31, and I think he's a fine 1 year stop-gap who's an upgrade from Garza.

Plus, if they cut Garza, they'd save $2 million, but that would seem pretty harsh. I think a lot depends on Amano's price. He was owed around $3.7 million this year, but with as dry as the free agent market is now, there's no way he's going to get that much from another team.

Catch22

Liked Posts:
Garza will be serviceable this year, and then they will kick him to the curb next year. You can't fix the entire offensive line in a single year

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I have no idea is Eugene Amano is better than Garza. Since Amano was out last year, it wouldn't even help to look at PFF. If he's better I hope they replace him with Garza. I'm sure Kromer knows. Lonergan probably would be in a 1 year development cycle before starting, but who knows.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bring in for a look and perhaps camp...put garza on notice...a little cpmpetition should bring out the best in anyone..

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210000/article/tennessee-titans-waive-eugene-amano-after-nine-seasons

It is my understanding that the Titans had been planning to release him for a while now, but waited until he was healthy. Before last year's triceps injury, he had only missed 2 games in the last 4 years. At 31, I don't think he's too old, and I personally would love to have him on a 1 year deal, at the right price. I think Garza's pretty washed up and shouldn't be starting, so another veteran would be a nice replacement. Of course, he'd be only temporary until we sign Brian De La Puente next offseason.

What do you think?

I guess another way of looking at it is would you rather have Amano, or Sedrick Ellis because you can probably only afford one.

NO.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
nah, but I'd take their LG, RG, C, or backup C over any of our interior players

Id take the ones they have now... Not last year. They had some pretty terrible interior line play on par with the suckfest in Chicago.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Id take the ones they have now... Not last year. They had some pretty terrible interior line play on par with the suckfest in Chicago.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Yes, I meant this year as well.