Titans waive Zach Mettenberger

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet): The #Titans have waived QB Zach Mettenberger, who was the primary backup last year. Should find out his destination tomorrow.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By posting it here, are you implying the Bears should take a chance on him?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Please don't sign.

The next Bears QB is still taking math tests after recesses.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There should be a thread for veteran cuts. Brandon Boykin released today too.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Worst thread ever.........about a former LSU QB

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He'd be an upgrade over hoyer. Too late now though.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You think so? Hoyer has some solid starting experience. I'd say Mettenberger has more upside just because of his age. I guess I thought Jason Campbell was a good back up until he actually had to play lol.

Mettenberger started for a bit, and showed some flashes. At this point, I'd rather have the high ceiling backup than the high floor backup.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think so? Hoyer has some solid starting experience. I'd say Mettenberger has more upside just because of his age. I guess I thought Jason Campbell was a good back up until he actually had to play lol.

Hoyer single handedly gave KC a win over the Texans in the first rnd of last year's Play Offs. He threw 4 or 5 straight pics.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hoyer single handedly gave KC a win over the Texans in the first rnd of last year's Play Offs. He threw 4 or 5 straight pics.

Sure you could spin it that way, but it's not like Mettenbergers stats are good.

2015: 7 Games played, 4 Tds and 7 pics. QBR of 66.7.

Wasn't Mettenberger the guy that Watt was making fun of for taking selfies in the locker room during a game?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Sure you could spin it that way, but it's not like Mettenbergers stats are good.

2015: 7 Games played, 4 Tds and 7 pics. QBR of 66.7.

Wasn't Mettenberger the guy that Watt was making fun of for taking selfies in the locker room during a game?

With stats like those who needs Cutler or Hoyer?

Imagine all the awesome free agents the Bears could sign if they didn't have Cutler and Hoyer.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jason Campbell wasn't very good, but I find it funny how Bears fans tear him to shreds for his start against the Niners. That was one of the worst ass whoopings I've ever seen a Bears OL take, to the extent that one of the guards even thought "screw this noise" and quit after the game. If it had been Cutler starting that game, Bear Pride and Desbro would have been filing charges against Mike Tice for being complicit in the rape of Cutty. But because it wasn't Cutty, it was just a shitty QB performance.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Mettenberger was taken a whole 5 picks ahead of Fales in the 2014 draft. I suppose to some people here that would represent an upgrade. Personally, trying to recycle someone else's failed 6th round QB would seem to be a likely exercise in futility. The fact that the Titans cut him now, while he's still under a 6th round contract and without them drafting a QB anywhere in the 2016 draft, should tell you pretty much all you need to know...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Jason Campbell wasn't very good, but I find it funny how Bears fans tear him to shreds for his start against the Niners. That was one of the worst ass whoopings I've ever seen a Bears OL take, to the extent that one of the guards even thought "screw this noise" and quit after the game. If it had been Cutler starting that game, Bear Pride and Desbro would have been filing charges against Mike Tice for being complicit in the rape of Cutty. But because it wasn't Cutty, it was just a shitty QB performance.

That was a bad performance across the board in that game. From the offensive line to the defense to the QB play. It wasn't as bad as the 2010 game vs the Giants though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It tells you that the Titans are set at the QB position with Mariota and Cassel, while the Bears are getting good reports out of rookie camp that two UFA QBs can indeed throw footballs in non-contact drills.

Hey man, those 2 UDFAs were able to go from the meeting room, to the practice field, and throw footballs where the footballs were intended to go.

It doesn't seem like alot, but it is a big deal.

We know for a fact if you can't do that you will not become the next Tom Brady.... so we can reasonably conclude that one or both of them will in fact turn out to be the next Tom Brady.