Tom Thayer Responds to Fox's Comment

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just for the sake of pointing out how much of a vortex remy actually is we should go look at his old posts about John Fox when he was still our HC.

Lol, you are so mad right now aren't you?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Tell you what pick any 2 years from any Bears OC and lets see how many beat Kromers two years.
Lol, right you had to go back 30 years so my point still stands.

Remy. "Pick ANY 2 years from ANY Bears OC..."

Gives example of 8 better 2 year stretches
83/84, 84/85, 85/86, 86/87,87/88, 89/90, 90/91, 91/92

Classic Remy pretzel logic. I just got owned and pants'ed on CCS, so I will add a new qualifier that those examples are 30 years old, so my original argument of any 2 years is correct because of course 30 years ago isn't part of any 2 years.

Wonder what Remy will say when he finds out 1992 was less than 30 years ago.

As for LaFleur, Goff was in his 2nd year this year so I would think you are smart enough to realize that a lot of the progression there came from that. Then again maybe I overestimate your understanding.
And the cherry on top of you shit sandwich sunday. Goff was in his 3rd year this year.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy. "Pick ANY 2 years from ANY Bears OC..."

Gives example of 8 better 2 year stretches
83/84, 84/85, 85/86, 86/87,87/88, 89/90, 90/91, 91/92

Classic Remy pretzel logic. I just got owned and pants'ed on CCS, so I will add a new qualifier that those examples are 30 years old, so my original argument of any 2 years is correct because of course 30 years ago isn't part of any 2 years.

Wonder what Remy will say when he finds out 1992 was less than 30 years ago.

And the cherry on top of you shit sandwich sunday. Goff was in his 3rd year this year.

2013 - 6109 yards and 445 points
2014 - 5233 yards and 319 points

1991 - 5069 yard and 299 points
1992 - 4941 yards and 295 points

What am I missing? Better in yards and points both years.

1984 -5437 and 325
1985 - 5837 and 456
1986 - 5459 and 352

I also checked the SB period and that seems to be the only period close if you do the SB year and the year before or after. So basically the only period that looks to top it is basically the best time period of the franchise so again not sure how that supports your point. Kromer had 2 of the best years on offense in franchise history bettered only by the SB period 30+ years ago. Thanks for playing.

Also, I was referring to Goff's time in McVay's offense. We were discussing LaFleur and the point was 2017 was his first year in the McVay offense that LaFleur helped develop him in so the improvement this year in 2018 is in part due to this now being his 2nd year in that offense. Just like if Bears offense takes off this year a lot of that will likely be due not to the OC but because Trubs will be in his second year and thus more comfortable in the offense.

Your Boom was as premature as a virgin's ejaculation after visiting a whorehouse.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2013 - 6109 yards and 445 points
2014 - 5233 yards and 319 points

1991 - 5069 yard and 299 points
1992 - 4941 yards and 295 points

What am I missing? Better in yards and points both years. Not going to bother looking at the others as I think you must be looking at things based on a different metric.

Alos, I was referring to his time in the McVay's offense. It was his 2nd year in McVay's offense.
Oh Lord, now you are trying to compare passing era yards and points to 27 years ago instead of relative rankings of the eras.

Next you will be telling me Kromer was better than Bill Walsh because neither the 88 or 89 SB champ 49ers could match the Kromer led Bears output of 2013...we all know 2014 was al Trestman's fault.

I thoroughly enjoy when you get caught being factually wrong especially in a criteria you created yourself and then you squirm like a bug in a spider web trying to somehow free yourself from the pain of a argument defeat, I imagine your worst fear, but just like the bug you just get more twisted at caught up by the ill thought machinations. CCS voyerism at it's finest.

And huge shocker now you are changing the criterion on Goff because...wait for it... your original criteria easily disproven.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh Lord, now you are trying to compare passing era yards and points to 27 years ago instead of relative rankings of the eras.

Next you will be telling me Kromer was better than Bill Walsh because neither the 88 or 89 SB champ 49ers could match the Kromer led Bears output of 2013...we all know 2014 was al Trestman's fault.

I thoroughly enjoy when you get caught being factually wrong especially in a criteria you created yourself and then you squirm like a bug in a spider web trying to somehow free yourself from the pain of a argument defeat, I imagine your worst fear, but just like the bug you just get more twisted at caught up by the ill thought machinations. CCS voyerism at it's finest.

And huge shocker now you are changing the criterion on Goff because...wait for it... your original criteria easily disproven.

No I did not bring up stuff from 30 years ago, you did. It is your comparison not mine. The fact you went fishing for shit 30 years ago during a completely different era is actually pretty odd. Why if you know the eras were that different did you not simply use years that were more comparable? Oh right because Kromer beats most if not all of the comparable years. You made the flawed comparison not me.

As for LaFleur, Goff was in his 2nd year this year so I would think you are smart enough to realize that a lot of the progression there came from that. Then again maybe I overestimate your understanding.

Also I didn't change the criteria on Goff. I never said 2nd year in the NFL. You were harping about the O improving the year after LaFleur left and I said that was because it was Goff's 2nd year. Read the above again. The difference between the Rams in 2018 and 2017 was because it was Goff's 2nd year in the offense. Was not referring to 2nd year in NFL as that would be irrelevant to the topic since LaFleur was not with the Rams in 2016.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No I did not bring up stuff from 30 years ago, you did. It is your comparison not mine.
No you asked for any 2 yrs of any OC of any Bears team and after providing you 8 examples, you said, " you had to go back 30 years so my point still stands" changing your criteria to try and suit your argument, then yowent on to try and compare raw stats of completely different eras to save face, just making you more pathetic.

Then you went on to wrongly say, "Goff was in his 2nd year this year"...wrong.... whoops time to change criteria again.

Oh and for one more incorrect statement.

"Your Boom was as premature as a virgin's ejaculation after visiting a whorehouse."

Any virgin that doesn't ejaculate until after leaving the whorehouse is actually the exact opposite of premature...or is there some special ejaculate delay criterion you want to add on?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Holy shit.

I can't fucking believe this is still going on.

Yeah, I just checked in this could hit 500 posts. I have to get a link of this thread to Thayer, his hair will fall out.

"Kromer , no, John Fox!"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, I just checked in this could hit 500 posts. I have to get a link of this thread to Thayer, his hair will fall out.

"Kromer , no, John Fox!"
I apologize, I have been largely responsible for feeding the vortex, but watching Remy's posting gymnastics when he has dug himself into a hole, I can't help but hand him another shovel. It is a guilty pleasure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No you asked for any 2 yrs of any OC of any Bears team and after providing you 8 examples, you said, " you had to go back 30 years so my point still stands" changing your criteria to try and suit your argument, then yowent on to try and compare raw stats of completely different eras to save face, just making you more pathetic.

Then you went on to wrongly say, "Goff was in his 2nd year this year"...wrong.... whoops time to change criteria.

Oh and for one more incorrect statement.

"Your Boom was as premature as a virgin's ejaculation after visiting a whorehouse."

Any virgin that doesn't ejaculate until after leaving the whorehouse is actually the exact opposite of premature...or is there some special ejaculate delay criterion you want to add on?

First, I asked a question, I took no position on what you would find. I just found it funny you ended up having to go back 30 years to find examples.

2nd, you did not find 8 examples as most of the examples you gave, Kromer's O had more yards and points. You found basically 2 examples 84/85 and 85/86. When confronted with this fact you then cried about it being different eras but tough luck. You are the one trying to change criteria by talking about different eras. So as it stands it looks like Kromer's O was the 3rd best Chicago O of the past 30+ years in yards and points. So again, I think my point is proven. Thanks for doing the research to prove my point.

3rd, I said Goff was in his 2nd year and left it at that. The statement is vague on 2nd year of what and I am telling you that it was 2nd year in McVay's offense. I would have no reason to be discussing how long Goff was in the NFL as the topic was about the Rams 2017 and 2018 seasons. That is 2 years so 2nd year was reference to McVay's offense as 2017 and 2018 are the years McVay was coach. Sorry.

As for the virgin thing, you are so desperate right now to score a win, you critiquing jokes. You must be so salty right now.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I apologize, I have been largely responsible for feeding the vortex, but watching Remy's posting gymnastics when he has dug himself into a hole, I can't help but hand him another shovel. It is a guilty pleasure.

I notice it goes in shifts, for awhile @Rory Sparrow will do the heave lifting, then you step up and spell him. @remydat's stamina is impressive, it takes a village to feed the vortex, but that guy is a machine.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2nd, you did not find 8 examples as most of the examples you gave, Kromer's O had more yards and points.
So as it stands it looks like Kromer's O was the 3rd best Chicago O of the past 30+ years. So again, I think my point is proven.
So by your logic all offense can be judged based soley on total yards and points meaning you consider the 2013 Bears, the only one you credit Kromer for coordinating, as being better than the Redskins during the Gibbs Hogs era, many of the Walsh/Siefert 49ers, all of the Bradshaw Steelers teams, the Johnson era Cowboys and better than or near identical to every New England SB championship offense? I simply have no way to respond to that.

This has got to be the single stupidest post I have every seen, besting your already champion Trubisky had the advantage in learning fundamentals over Watson by not getting to play or getting practice reps for 3 years mind number.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I notice it goes in shifts, for awhile @Rory Sparrow will do the heave lifting, then you step up and spell him. @remydat's stamina is impressive, it takes a village to feed the vortex, but that guy is a machine.
Yeah with him going completely 13 Monkeys ape shit crazy essentially saying Kromer led a better offense than historical dynasties basing every thing on raw yards and points , I am going to pass the baton. You up?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah with him going completely 13 Monkeys ape shit crazy essentially saying Kromer led a better offense than historical dynasties basing every thing on raw yards and points , I am going to pass the baton. You up?

I did my time, 8 of the first 40 posts ITT, no I will continue to check in and marvel at this behemoth, adding a quip now and then, but no vortex for me. Stay strong.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I did my time, 8 of the first 40 posts ITT, no I will continue to check in and marvel at this behemoth, adding a quip now and then, but no vortex for me. Stay strong.
so you were the butterfly effect to this cat 5 hurricane?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the fuck did this become about Kromer?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so you were the butterfly effect to this cat 5 hurricane?

I was the second poster @remydat replied to, while I give full credit to the OP for stepping on the butterfly, I will accept some small credit for the vortex creation.

How the fuck did this become about Kromer?

I t was always about Kromer, you have to read between the lines in Thayer's article.