Tom Thayer Responds to Fox's Comment

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So by your logic all offense can be judged based soley on total yards and points meaning you consider the 2013 Bears, the only one you credit Kromer for coordinating, as being better than the Redskins during the Gibbs Hogs era, many of the Walsh/Siefert 49ers, all of the Bradshaw Steelers teams, the Johnson era Cowboys and better than or near identical to every New England SB championship offense? I simply have no way to respond to that.

This has got to be the single stupidest post I have every seen, besting your already champion Trubisky had the advantage in learning fundamentals over Watson by not getting to play or getting practice reps for 3 years mind number.

No I am saying trying to bridge the gap between eras is problematic. I expect we will just argue over how much of an adjustment to make. I think the substance of the point being made is that Kromer's O was pretty good as evidenced by your inability to find any examples in the same era.

It is also evidence by his 2013 season besting Nagy's in terms of points and yards but I know you will continue to run from that fact because it doesn't help your point. I will repeat again. 2013 Kromer had more points and yards and 2018 Nagy.

Also, when you asked, I said we can include 2014 hence my question about finding 2 years of other Bears Offenses that match up to 2013 and 2014. It is like you want to relitigate things I already conceded for purposes of debate which just speaks to your saltiness. As does you trying to bring up unrelated shit from 2 years ago.

Yeah with him going completely 13 Monkeys ape shit crazy essentially saying Kromer led a better offense than historical dynasties basing every thing on raw yards and points , I am going to pass the baton. You up?

This was never said. Nice strawman.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How the fuck did this become about Kromer?

IU took issue with McVay replacing half of LaFleur with Kromer implying he sucked as an OC and I questioned that considering the O in 2013 had more yards and points than Nagy's O in 2018. Remarkable to think that O was 2nd in points in the entire NFL to which IU claimed they were just above average despite beating out 30 of 31 other teams.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I notice it goes in shifts, for awhile @Rory Sparrow will do the heave lifting, then you step up and spell him. @remydat's stamina is impressive, it takes a village to feed the vortex, but that guy is a machine.

I couldn't do it without you guys. This is a team sport afterall. Thank you for your continued support.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah, I just checked in this could hit 500 posts. I have to get a link of this thread to Thayer, his hair will fall out.

"Kromer, no, John Fox!"

I totally jinxed this thread, Monday through Friday it was a runaway train barreling towards 500 posts, then boom, Saturday and it's stopped dead in it's tracks. Some kind of union thing I guess.

My apologizes to Tom Thayer, Dan Bernstein, John Fox, Jules Verne, Ryan Pace, and Cody Parkey.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
IU took issue with McVay replacing half of LaFleur with Kromer implying he sucked as an OC and I questioned that considering the O in 2013 had more yards and points than Nagy's O in 2018. Remarkable to think that O was 2nd in points in the entire NFL to which IU claimed they were just above average despite beating out 30 of 31 other teams.

The Bears offense were good in 2013 because of the talent and Trestman's playcalling. Kromer did enough to not get in the way of things, but when you have an offense of Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and a quality offensive line, and one of the best playcallers of the last 20 years, the expectations are for your offense to be good. Kromer was far from the reason they were good.

He was however a huge contributor as to why they got considerably worse in 2014, because he was a huge distraction in the locker room and inhibited his star offensive players' progress.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I totally jinxed this thread, Monday through Friday it was a runaway train barreling towards 500 posts, then boom, Saturday and it's stopped dead in it's tracks. Some kind of union thing I guess.

My apologizes to Tom Thayer, Dan Bernstein, John Fox, Jules Verne, Ryan Pace, and Cody Parkey.

Helping my GF move so don't have time to vortex.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears offense were good in 2013 because of the talent and Trestman's playcalling. Kromer did enough to not get in the way of things, but when you have an offense of Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and a quality offensive line, and one of the best playcallers of the last 20 years, the expectations are for your offense to be good. Kromer was far from the reason they were good.

He was however a huge contributor as to why they got considerably worse in 2014, because he was a huge distraction in the locker room and inhibited his star offensive players' progress.

Yeah he was so bad that he ended up with the Rams. Funny how he keeps ending up with top offenses. Almost as if smart offensive guys value his coaching.

Anyways back to moving.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Yeah he was so bad that he ended up with the Rams. Funny how he keeps ending up with top offenses. Almost as if smart offensive guys value his coaching.

Anyways back to moving.

Because he was a good position coach. Not so much a coordinator, and his antics in the locker room made him far less desirable. This will be his third year as a coordinator. 1 year was good up until late in the year, 1 year was horrible. None of the times he was asked to call plays.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was run game coordinator last year for the Rams. So that would be 2 good years and 1 bad as OC albeit just the run game OC with Rams.

Not saying he is a great playcaller. IU was suggesting he was such a terrible replacement for LaFleur which is what I found odd. He is not calling plays with Rams just like he didnt call them for Bears. However he has been involved in a top offense 2 out 3 years as OC or part OC. That was the point.

Even with the Bills in between their offense cracked top 10. So again not sure why IU is acting like he is garbage for the role hired. Pretty obvious he is respected in league circles.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
its not necessary, but it is like any other item to be ingested. There are good and bad things. Mother's milk contains antibiotics. Probably useful if you aren't going to vaccinate your child from life threatening diseases.
More misinformation from the dummied down sector of society which is all too well represented in the US. Mothers milk would contain antibiotics only if that mother is on antibiotics and that milk containing antibiotics would not be considered a good thing for a newborn. They could adversely alter the infant's gut defense mechanisms. Untainted with such antibiotics in the breast milk, it would serve the infant well as it would increase the number of good bacteria in the baby which is essential for the development of the immune system of the baby. Added into the mix, the antibiotics would kill off not only the bad bacteria, but the good as well.

Also, believe they were talking specifically about cow's milk which is never necessary at any point of a human's life but quite necessary if you happen to be a calf.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
More misinformation from the dummied down sector of society which is all too well represented in the US. Mothers milk would contain antibiotics only if that mother is on antibiotics and that milk containing antibiotics would not be considered a good thing for a newborn. They could adversely alter the infant's gut defense mechanisms. Untainted with such antibiotics in the breast milk, it would serve the infant well as it would increase the number of good bacteria in the baby which is essential for the development of the immune system of the baby. Added into the mix, the antibiotics would kill off not only the bad bacteria, but the good as well.

Also, believe they were talking specifically about cow's milk which is never necessary at any point of a human's life but quite necessary if you happen to be a calf.

Science Alert

https://www.sciencealert.com/sugars-in-human-breast-milk-could-represent-a-new-class-of-antibiotics

Scientists have long known that, in addition to general sustenance, breast milk offers babies vital nutrients to build up their immune systems. Now, researchers have discovered a new mechanism behind this antibacterial boost – in breast milk sugars.

Contrary to the understanding that antibacterial defences are passed from mothers to their babies solely through proteins in breast milk, a team from Vanderbilt University says sugars – or carbohydrates – also demonstrate properties that can protect against bacterial infections.

"This is the first example of generalised, antimicrobial activity on the part of the carbohydrates in human milk," says chemist Steven Townsend.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Science Alert

https://www.sciencealert.com/sugars-in-human-breast-milk-could-represent-a-new-class-of-antibiotics

Scientists have long known that, in addition to general sustenance, breast milk offers babies vital nutrients to build up their immune systems. Now, researchers have discovered a new mechanism behind this antibacterial boost – in breast milk sugars.

Contrary to the understanding that antibacterial defences are passed from mothers to their babies solely through proteins in breast milk, a team from Vanderbilt University says sugars – or carbohydrates – also demonstrate properties that can protect against bacterial infections.

"This is the first example of generalised, antimicrobial activity on the part of the carbohydrates in human milk," says chemist Steven Townsend.
Does absolutely nothing to argue the negative effect an antibiotic causes on babies gut flora and how that could cause infants not only illness but make them a higher risk for being obese early on in childhood. Also does not go towards the antibiotics being discussed at all but rather natural nutrients that can possibly protect against a specific bacterial infection.

The article also appears to be nothing but fluff, discussing a sugar compound that could possibly prevent strep specifically. Had you read on, you'd see this miniscule study reached no positive conclusion;

"In one sample, the sugars killed the strep entirely. In another, they were moderately effective at killing the strep, while in the remaining three samples the carbohydrates weren't very effective. "

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So to recap, Fox is a dick for wearing balckface, and Tahyer's moob milk has gone sour.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just want to point out I had no part in the breast milk tangent.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You mean like how Gould is Fox's fault but not Pace's despite Pace being the GM?

Even if we put all the blame for 2014 on Kromer not sure why that erases 2013. For a team that has had shit offense for much of our history, not sure why we knocking the OC for perhaps our best offensive season.

IU was acting like Kromer's whole career was trash. That is absurd. Bears issues were moreso on D and malcontents in locker room that a weak HC couldnt control. But 2013-2014 was collectively good offensively.
2014 they were horrible offensively. No one is absolving Pace completely...but Fox had a pretty big hand in replacing Gould...right down to replacing him with his old kicker he had in Denver before he got let go.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well aside from now having minimal closet space went as best as can be expected. Odd though that apparently 70% of my clothing was donated to charity. Meanwhile she has outfits that she hasn't worn for 5 years that are still critical to her wardrobe needs.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well aside from now having minimal closet space went as best as can be expected. Odd though that apparently 70% of my clothing was donated to charity. Meanwhile she has outfits that she hasn't worn for 5 years that are still critical to her wardrobe needs.
Sounds "vortex" worthy, will she bite?