Tony Romo Should Coach Defense.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Last night Tony was legit calling exactly what the Pats would do as soon as they lined up.. he was right 95% of the time and the detail he would give was amazing.

“Look, he is changing the play, they will motion right and run behind it” Boom it happens..

“Here, they have Gronk and a back in to protect, no outside threat so watch Edelman I’m the slot”.. Brady to Edelman for 10..

Seems like he does this all year... Romodomus is what his booth partner called him.

Pagano sign this guy!

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
He even partially called the late flea flicker that didn’t work.. he said Look here now they are in a position to do absolutely anything.. screen, reverse, ect ANYTHING is possible on this play.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He also called the Gronk catch, he said " Look the safety, if he's going down Brady will throw to Gronk "

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Romo was fun calling the game last night. He was giddy like a little kid in the 4th.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
I agree.
He's got a job as a color commentator or NFL coach.
Made the game very enjoyable.
His insight is amazing.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LoL

No.

However, if Nagy keeps getting frustrated with the One-Read Then Run Quarterback......

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Romo is outstanding in his new gig. Seems like he still game plans before hand.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like listening to Romo. Way better than Witten

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Romo could do that job for the next 30 years and be the GOAT announcer. Think he gets bored of it after 5-10 years though and moves on.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know, I just caught the end of the game and I thought he called Gronk the patriots best player, then not two minutes later called Brady their best player. How many best players does a team get? I thought the limit was one offense and one defense.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Romo is the best analyst on the networks

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I thought this for a second too, but then it hit me... Romo has a copy of "THE SCRIPT". :hawked:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except communication ends with 15 seconds on the playclock, which happens a lot, so......

Maybe baseball hand signals to tell the defense what to do?

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except communication ends with 15 seconds on the playclock, which happens a lot, so......

Maybe baseball hand signals to tell the defense what to do?

Being able to predict what the offense is attempting to do; does not mean that you can stop it.

Romo is able to see where the favorable match-ups are and makes an educated guess on where the offense will choose to attack the defense. I'd be willing to bet that the Defensive coordinators are very aware of where/how the offense will attack any particular alignment... For example, the DB and D-coordinator know that he is on an island with Gronk and that Brady is probably going that way. If you shift the alignment and bring a LB out to help... Brady checks to a run.

It's a cat and mouse game.

But I agree, it is fun to hear an announcer point some of this out as the alignments are developing.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's incredible. I especially loved the one at the end where he said, "Well, they ran play action last time here, so this has to be a run." 3 seconds later, the kid runs it up the middle for the GW touchdown.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Fuck, I agree with Ommy on something.

This feels icky
h554681C3

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck, I agree with Ommy on something.

This feels icky

I know, right?!

Romo is the best in the booth right now and for me its not even close. The only way he has that much insight into what each team will do is if he prepares for it. That means he is watching a lot of film each week to get the teams tendencies. Pro move. Then add in his excitement that As a fan we all feel and relate to. His sarcasm is on point too which is bonus points in my book.

It’s like having a knowledgeable, funny, guy that is having as much fun watching the game as you are. That is the feeling I get anyway.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Not sure about all that, but Tony has already solidified himself as a legend in the booth. He's by far one of the best color commentators I've ever heard in any sport. He also called a draw play on 3rd and long for the chiefs. His knowledge is outstanding and his passion for the game is really exciting to hear as a fan, I really love listening to that guy call a football game. I hope he stays in the booth for years to come. And he's also not cocky either, he called so much of that but never once does he pat himself on the back, just an extremely like-able humble guy.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night Tony was legit calling exactly what the Pats would do as soon as they lined up.. he was right 95% of the time and the detail he would give was amazing.

“Look, he is changing the play, they will motion right and run behind it” Boom it happens..

“Here, they have Gronk and a back in to protect, no outside threat so watch Edelman I’m the slot”.. Brady to Edelman for 10..

Seems like he does this all year... Romodomus is what his booth partner called him.

Pagano sign this guy!

Made his living reading defenses and adjusting the offense in accordance. Should come as no surprise.