Trade for Nathan Eovaldi or other pitching ideas?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know I smell some buyers remorse in this situation! I think everyone can win with a Sox / Sox trade, heres why.

Trades allow for some money to be exchanged, opening the possibility to acquire a mature "high velocity" pitcher the Sox don't usually have the budget for. Finding the diamond in the rough Contreras past 40 is an example. I think thats the way we have to do it...create one.

It was an impulse buy because they were on top of the baseball world and he was a "Yankee" killer with a bit of vengeance toward the original club that drafted him. And its not that he has pitched terrible...but he collapsed a bit with everyone else, pitches in front of the green monster in a launch ball era.

Get him out of there, get the sell mode Red Sox some cap relief, but hold them hostage for a piece of that contract and get him to the White Sox playoff push at a reasonable discount for the south siders.

Cost should be kept low as this is about money for everybody, and getting a fairly young veteran who has missed time to a competitive situation. I don't know, I'd love Keuchel but believe even he is out of White Sox budget. If something like this could help everybody out a bit he is the type of player it would not surprise me to evolve into somebody.

Maybe he gets hurt or loses velocity...

any other out side the box ideas to get this pitching staff some quality veteran support in our budget?

I fear their probably wise plan is to not waste money chasing the "ace" free agent pitchers. For our budget that would be a team killer for the length of a bad contract. So....its not that its a bad plan, its that we may have had one too many injuries and I fear its a cycle where we just continue to put too much inning pressure on all our young guys in the system.

They need to create a veteran leader...hit on a guy like Pomeranz or Bailey who have the stuff to potentially figure out the new ball era and bounce back. Among Eovaldi, Pomeranz, or Bailey I guess Bailey is more of a potential healthy innings eater guy with length that you can't coach. Could be good guy for Giolito to talk to.

I'm sure there are better ideas...or are you all happy with the

Giolito, Cease, Kopech, Rodon, Lopez plan?

It could be fine...this might even already be a playoff team but its only "fine" before injuries, and the staff could use a veteran lefty for multiple reasons.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would rather get a free agent why lose any young players in a trade. But the problem is like you said can we or will we offer competitive $$. To the big dog teams

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

We heard this before that we are the highest bidder then find out we were low balling. After last offseasons embarrassing low ball offers have they learned their lesson?

Thoughts on who we are targeting here?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We heard this before that we are the highest bidder then find out we were low balling. After last offseasons embarrassing low ball offers have they learned their lesson?

Thoughts on who we are targeting here?
zach wheeler would be awesome for us...a bit inconsistent but he has the stuff to get swings and misses and survive this era