Trade News

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Goff was really mostly good when working off of play action. He's definitely proving to be more of a system guy.
I kind of agree.

With Goff his strength is his deep ball accuracy. He's honestly one of the league's best at it and a lot of what the Rams do involves setting up those big splash plays. When the running game is going with Gurley the two things compliment each other so well.

The problem is around him not having a clean pocket. I was listening to some fantasy football show and according to PFF Whitworth is in the late 30s for a tackle and all other OL are around the 60s, meaning with Whitworth is around average and everyone else is bottom of the league.

I'm not a fan of PFF. I find it just doesn't do a good job at capturing situational or assignments that well. Often a great player is rated poorly or a bad player is rated good. In this situation if the entire group is rated poorly and you watch and Goff has no time you know it's just a massive mess.

As it stands that team won't be able to complete with Seattle or the 49ers. The DLs of those respective teams are just too good. I'd even say the combo of Jones and Suggs in Arizona will consistently win where McVay just can't call certain plays.

Anyway, to my original point. The OL might be the one of the worst in the league and their best player is 38 years old. That group just won't allow them to win, period. Their solution is to trade 2 first round picks for a corner??? It's like putting spinner rims on a car that the engine doesn't work.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Cameron Brate would come a lot cheaper than Howard and I think he would fit in really well here

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Brate would be a great choice for the right price.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cameron Brate would come a lot cheaper than Howard and I think he would fit in really well here
Nah.

Every time I see his name I think of making fun of him by calling him Cameron 'Cum' Brate. It works because his last name is actually pronounced like 'Br-eath', so, yeah, Cameron Cum Br-eath.

Unfortunately, now you will be doing the same.

Just can't have a guy like that on your roster.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Damn it, Bucs. Just give Howard to us

You:

giphy.gif

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
They could probably get Vernon Davis cheap
The TE situation in Washington is messed up. Reed's brain//body is entirely broken, but despite signing an extension in 2016 he's the 3rd most expensive TE in the league!

What I'm getting at is that they actually need Davis. They can't rely on Reed, they have no one else and Davis gives them stater caliber reps for a fraction of the cost.

Finally I'd add trading with Washington it hella-tough. Look at the Trent Williams situation. He wants out, other teams GMs have been calling and their GM, Bruce Allen, just doesn't want to trade at all. They are 1-5, just canned their coach and are definitely in a rebuild, but they refuse to take trade offers for a 31 year old, often injured tackle who is the ONLY current hold out remaining.

Anyway, it's a nice idea, but won't happen. Just too many things that would mess with this trade.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The TE situation in Washington is messed up. Reed's brain//body is entirely broken, but despite signing an extension in 2016 he's the 3rd most expensive TE in the league!

What I'm getting at is that they actually need Davis. They can't rely on Reed, they have no one else and Davis gives them stater caliber reps for a fraction of the cost.

Finally I'd add trading with Washington it hella-tough. Look at the Trent Williams situation. He wants out, other teams GMs have been calling and their GM, Bruce Allen, just doesn't want to trade at all. They are 1-5, just canned their coach and are definitely in a rebuild, but they refuse to take trade offers for a 31 year old, often injured tackle who is the ONLY current hold out remaining.

Anyway, it's a nice idea, but won't happen. Just too many things that would mess with this trade.
Being a Bears fan has its frustrations, but living in VA, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like being a Skins fan.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Being a Bears fan has its frustrations, but living in VA, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like being a Skins fan.
I have some friends that root for Washington. It's just sad how hopeless they truly are. Nothing to be excited about and zero anticipation that it will ever change.

I also think it's an important lesson for all football fans. We typically only know other teams on a high level. We see highlights and someone else having success, but we don't really know how it feels like to be a fan of that team. All teams have their crap that drives fans nuts. Just as an example, there are Pats fans that are legit bent out of shape about not rolling with Jimmy G. They are quietly waiting for Tom to stop winning SBs and retire so they can say 'I told you so!'. Think about that for a second. They can't appreciate winning, because they wanted to win a different way. A way that they agree with?

I know there are large differences in terms of team and player success, but that has similarities to how Mitch is looked at, Cutler before that and then the Grossman/Orton battles long before. People have an opinion how things should be run and as father time does its thing everyone gets a chance to be right.

Anyway, if you are ever feeling bummed by what the Bears are doing jump over to Washington's message board. You'll walk away with some perspective and ideally feel a bit better over your situation.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have some friends that root for Washington. It's just sad how hopeless they truly are. Nothing to be excited about and zero anticipation that it will ever change.
I was talking with a redskins fan a few weeks back. He told me how the redskins should have re-signed Cousins because he is great. Then he told me Kyle Long is a stud. It made me think maybe redskins fans deserve that franchise

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I was talking with a redskins fan a few weeks back. He told me how the redskins should have re-signed Cousins because he is great. Then he told me Kyle Long is a stud. It made me think maybe redskins fans deserve that franchise
Every fan base has their meatballs. Besides, the only way someone could wake up every day and enjoy being a Washington fan is to not really understand football or the NFL.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Every fan base has their meatballs. Besides, the only way someone could wake up every day and enjoy being a Washington fan is to not really understand football or the NFL.

Well, I mean, look at the franchise itself. They're idiots for holding onto Williams. Same thing with Bengals and Green. Maybe they're waiting for the best offer, but those players should ultimately be traded.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trent Williams is a franchise cornerstone. Draft picks seem to be flying around. Can't believe what the Rams paid for a player they could sign next year.