Trade News

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do not trade for a big money QB we need the cap space.

QBs I would call about

Teddy Bridgewater, I expect they hang up.

Nick Mullins

Cooper Rush, Dallas.

Josh Rosen, only if it is a cheap pick swap

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lions just placed K. Johnson on IR, traded Q. Diggs for a 5th. Head scratcher..........

not head scratching. The writing is on the wall collect some assets for next year. Bears should do the same with players they don’t plan to re sign

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lions just placed K. Johnson on IR, traded Q. Diggs for a 5th. Head scratcher..........
Image result for dumpster fire detroit lions

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm F5ing this thread for the upcoming news that the Bears traded for Brady.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If the Bears lose to the Chargers and the offense looks inept again.

Prince
HaHa
Mike Davis [Traded or Cut]
Taylor Gabriel

The Bears should try and move these guys for picks and to let younger guys play.

Doubt they trade HaHa so soon after signing him but I wouldn't mind taking a look at Bush if this thing really blows up. Think at that point Jackson would start to question what the hell is going on.

Anything that opens up some more playing time for Wims/Ridley that doesn't involve losing our only offensive weapon (Robinson) is cool with me.

I don't know what to make of Miller. He seems like he has a huge chip on his shoulder from being a walk on at Memphis, similar to Cohen with his short not small persona but without any of the charm. Bitching on Twitter while catching one handed, missing ST tackles and fumbling the ball is not a great look but he must be beyond exasperated playing with Mitch. If someone gave me a 2nd or 3rd right now for him that helps me move up into the 1st round for a QB, I at least consider it.

Cut Mike Davis already. We only have 7 carries a game to worry about and 2 of those are end arounds to the WRs, 2 are Cohen getting smashed behind the LOS and one is Patterson the short yardage back. I'd rather Montgomery get 100% of those two snaps a game.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Is this viable with regards to Miller (from another thread)?

Here's my thinking on Miller...

- multiple reports from coaching staff that he's not being precise in his routes (even when he's open lol)
- half-assed play (one handed catches, ST tackle miss, fumble)
- social media complaining

Feels from the outside like he's a prickly guy who is going to be the first to be thrown under the bus.

In an ideal situation with a functional QB, we could afford to let him develop into a WR2 but right now we have good WR depth and a void at OL and QB.

I'd be happy enough with Robinson, Wims, Ridley, Patterson alongside Burton and Cohen and Montgomery in the backfield if it means we can go take a swing at a QB.

Don't know how realistic it is but if someone gave me a low 2nd/high 3rd and I was able to trade away even one of Prince and/or Gabriel for a 5th, that leaves me with...

2 [Raiders]
2 [Bears]
3 {Miller]
6 [Eagles]

I'd package up our highest 2nd rounder and whatever we get for Miller to move into the bottom of the 1st and use the other second on the best OL I can find.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3 {Miller]
I don't see any team trading a 3rd rounder for a WR who averages 27 yards/game. That's not even taking into account his poor play, coach/qb constantly telling you he runs the wrong route and his attitude. I still think he's a good receiver without a QB. A QB with some touch on the long ball could go a long way for Miller. I don't see how this team improves it's championship window by trading a bunch of players who could contribute next year. If they can luck out on a QB in the draft or in FA, they're in much better shape. I think this year is finished but i think it's a little early to give up on next year too. With the rate Pace's draft picks develop, i don't see why you'd want him to get more picks to use to trade up for his next draft bust

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
You will be F5ing forever then. If Brady ends up on the Bears, it will be after this season and his Super bowl win with the Pats. He will be able to void his contract and become a free agent. Zero chance he is traded this year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You will be F5ing forever then. If Brady ends up on the Bears, it will be after this season and his Super bowl win with the Pats. He will be able to void his contract and become a free agent. Zero chance he is traded this year.
Yes I know that, I was just being cheeky

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
If I was Miller I'd probably be acting douchey too. Mitch overthrows him every damn time.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Do not trade for a big money QB we need the cap space.

QBs I would call about

Teddy Bridgewater, I expect they hang up.

Nick Mullins

Cooper Rush, Dallas.

Josh Rosen, only if it is a cheap pick swap

Man, giving fans so much hope with those QBs. Bears are pretty screwed right now. They will need to be creative to get this from turning into a 5-7 year disaster. Probably not much they can do this year. If they do lose to the Chargers, the season is over and they do need to consider trading away some of the players that will not be with team next year like Prince and Gabriel.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If I was Miller I'd probably be acting douchey too. Mitch overthrows him every damn time.
Chase Daniels over threw him too. Maybe Nagy was onto something when he mentioned Miller cutting his routes off flat.
I suppose it still doesn't absolve QBs who can't see the WR isn't running to depth and put it on em though.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Yeah, that's definitely a part of it.

I don't see any team trading a 3rd rounder for a WR who averages 27 yards/game. That's not even taking into account his poor play, coach/qb constantly telling you he runs the wrong route and his attitude. I still think he's a good receiver without a QB. A QB with some touch on the long ball could go a long way for Miller. I don't see how this team improves it's championship window by trading a bunch of players who could contribute next year. If they can luck out on a QB in the draft or in FA, they're in much better shape. I think this year is finished but i think it's a little early to give up on next year too. With the rate Pace's draft picks develop, i don't see why you'd want him to get more picks to use to trade up for his next draft bust

I would be open to it is all I'm saying. I agree that in a better situation he would be putting up decent numbers.

I just think we have to recognise that the landscape has completely changed in the last couple of weeks. We have no QB, no cap space and little draft capital. We should at least explore ways to move up in the draft without ending up with another 4 person draft class. As for QB, there's no doubt in my mind that the current crop of College QBs just went from the due diligence folder to the priority scouting one.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just think we have to recognise that the landscape has completely changed in the last couple of weeks. We have no QB, no cap space and little draft capital. We should at least explore ways to move up in the draft without ending up with another 4 person draft class. As for QB, there's no doubt in my mind that the current crop of College QBs just went from the due diligence folder to the priority scouting one.
But they don't need a ton of players to compete. They still have a championship defense. If you can get a game managing QB that doesn't make the entire team sigh after every throw, the landscape shifts again. Two second round picks in a deep QB class.

I think people are underestimating how desperate Ryan Pace is going to be this off-season when Mitch solidifies himself as one of the all time QB draft busts. Don't think he wont trade away future draft capital to try to save his job while the championship defense window is still open. Desperate people do desperate and stupid things.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shefter might be on to something but his wild conclusions sound like its time for a trip to rehab for him.

If anything, Brady may sense a chance to ride off into the sunset following a perfect season. Calling his shot mid-season would just be even more epic. When you are Tom Brady little would motivate except for the grandest of designs.

Shefter could be in on it, but I call bullshit on him playing for another team. He is 42...we are looking at retirement, or his family starting to make that adjustment even if its just for off-seasons at first. He could finish his career renting a house solo if necessary.

Arizona, Houston, Vegas, Miami, L.A. Chargers are the only teams that make sense to me for a Joe Montana esque fling.

I guess he could have something to prove with another franchise, and show he doesn't need Belly.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
But they don't need a ton of players to compete. They still have a championship defense. If you can get a game managing QB that doesn't make the entire team sigh after every throw, the landscape shifts again. Two second round picks in a deep QB class.

I think people are underestimating how desperate Ryan Pace is going to be this off-season when Mitch solidifies himself as one of the all time QB draft busts. Don't think he wont trade away future draft capital to try to save his job while the championship defense window is still open. Desperate people do desperate and stupid things.

They need a QB that operates at a competent level.

They need at least two OLmen that can run block.

They need a replacement for Prince.

They have limited draft capital and little cap space. Why I would definitely be active in trades this week.