Trade News

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They need a QB that operates at a competent level.

They need at least two OLmen that can run block.

They need a replacement for Prince.

They have limited draft capital and little cap space. Why I would definitely be active in trades this week.
How much cap space do they have after Long, Davis, Gabriel, Daniel, Burton, Leno, and Amukamara are released? Doesn’t that free up like $45 million? Of course those holes have to be filled. But Gabriel and Long can probably be filled in house. A competent back up qb can be had for less than Daniel. Davis is a waste of a roster spot. Leno and Burton are incredibly bad for what they are being paid and can be replaced with better production for similar money

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Man, giving fans so much hope with those QBs. Bears are pretty screwed right now. They will need to be creative to get this from turning into a 5-7 year disaster. Probably not much they can do this year. If they do lose to the Chargers, the season is over and they do need to consider trading away some of the players that will not be with team next year like Prince and Gabriel.
Very over dramatic. The roster really is in decent shape. If they can sure up the oline and find a competent qb they could be a playoff contender for the foreseeable future

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How much cap space do they have after Long, Davis, Gabriel, Daniel, Burton, Leno, and Amukamara are released? Doesn’t that free up like $45 million? Of course those holes have to be filled. But Gabriel and Long can probably be filled in house. A competent back up qb can be had for less than Daniel. Davis is a waste of a roster spot. Leno and Burton are incredibly bad for what they are being paid and can be replaced with better production for similar money
Leno and Burton barely give them any cap relief and carry lots of dead $. Daniel is a ufa after this year. The rest can be realistically released.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They need a QB that operates at a competent level.

They need at least two OLmen that can run block.

They need a replacement for Prince.

They have limited draft capital and little cap space. Why I would definitely be active in trades this week.
They're going to be weak at some positions. That's just how it's going to be. That's the NFL. You need to hit on the areas that are sinking your team and we all know what those positions are.

If they can find competence at the QB position, it will alleviate a lot of issues.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

bears should be doing the same with guys we don’t plan on extending or bringing back next year

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Schefter used "bears some watching". He did that on purpose. That means the Bears have probably made inquiries about Beathard.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
We dont know how good this line can run block if they dont get to just go straight ahead and whale on the defense. I think Nagy is more afraid of the run game working and making him look like an ordinary offensive coordinator.

Be you is defined as find a way to run a trick play.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
We dont know how good this line can run block if they dont get to just go straight ahead and whale on the defense. I think Nagy is more afraid of the run game working and making him look like an ordinary offensive coordinator.

Be you is defined as find a way to run a trick play.
I see where you get that user name from.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Eagles traded for 2nd year DE Genard Avery.

Cost them a 5th.

I have no idea who he is.

#championship!!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eagles traded for 2nd year DE Genard Avery.

Cost them a 5th.

I have no idea who he is.

#championship!!!

Good undersized pass rusher as a rookie. Hasn't been active much this season.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Nagy says he does not expect any moves at the deadline.

Idiotic.

Do not lie to yourself and pretend this is fixable. Sell and recoup some of the picks your GM foolishly traded away.

Its not really clear who Pace should trade away without opening up more holes on the 2020 roster.

If he trades Gabriel then you can add a speedster WR to the list of 2020 needs. Trade Prince and CB2 automatically becomes a big need.

HHCD might make sense if they don't want him back next year. Salary dumping Patterson and Burton would be great if he can. Cutting Mike Davis to recoup a 4th round comp pick seems like a no brainier.

I still think this team is a competent QB away from being pretty good again.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Its not really clear who Pace should trade away without opening up more holes on the 2020 roster.

If he trades Gabriel then you can add a speedster WR to the list of 2020 needs. Trade Prince and CB2 automatically becomes a big need.

HHCD might make sense if they don't want him back next year. Salary dumping Patterson and Burton would be great if he can. Cutting Mike Davis to recoup a 4th round comp pick seems like a no brainier.

I still think this team is a competent QB away from being pretty good again.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
So they were winning last year due to incompetent QB play?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Good undersized pass rusher as a rookie. Hasn't been active much this season.
Yeah, he doesn't fit the 3-4 they switched to.

He was a LB in Memphis and moved to DE as a pro. Seems like a few teams were interested.

Anyway, we'll see. Looking at his highlights and his power lifting background he reminds me of Brandon Graham.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
So they were winning last year due to incompetent QB play?

Mitch was playable last season because nobody knew what Nagy liked to do on offense plus the book wasn't out on Mitch yet.

Mitch made a lot of plays with his legs outside the pocket last season. Now teams contain him inside the pocket and force Mitch to beat them with his arm which ain't happening most of the time.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I still can't believe Pace didn't trade Long before this year. It was so obvious he was gonna decline after multiple surgeries. I think we could've tricked a team into giving us a 6th - 7th rounder, based on his name, former pro bowls, and being a former 1st rounder. I mean before this year he was actually considered a solid starter around the league. Pace missed an opportunity to get some kind of value back for him.