Traverse City Prospect Tourney

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Dach had a goal and assist and was dominant from what I read. Boqvist winning goal. Didn't get to watch unfortunately

Sounded like beyond dominant.

I know we want to get excited, but stan just keeps stacking the deck against draft picks and international signings. I thought it was bad with Q, they either had it like Saad, Panarin, Cat or they didnt and were rarely heard from again.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounded like beyond dominant.

I know we want to get excited, but stan just keeps stacking the deck against draft picks and international signings. I thought it was bad with Q, they either had it like Saad, Panarin, Cat or they didnt and were rarely heard from again.

Don't worry, be happy!

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think Dach is ready to take the step, and what does he gain by going back down? Sure he might struggle and he could use some more bulk but.....

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching on YouTube. Dach with a sick breakaway goal

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I watched yesterday they 3rd period and OT. Dach looked smooth and slick out there. Boqvist Game Winner was sick. Gravel made an absolute steal on a breakaway by Zadina

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Tater detroit redwings in youtube is where I was able to watch it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
awesome win. They went with Dach-Hagel-Bovquist to start overtime 3v3 and they didn't disappoint. Hagel actually stole the puck and Dach carried it in to get Bovquist in the corner. He lifted a laser to the back that impressed the Red Wings announcers, who also gushed over the Dach goal. Haikerainen scored 2, and Hagel/Entwhistle shared one.

Anyone else pick up a Zuckerberg lost in front of congress from Collition vibe?

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can find the Red Wings streaming traverse on youtube, and the Rangers as well. But we don't play the Rangers in initial format.

We lost to the Mapleleafs in the second game. Apparently Dach had a great 1st period, was playing hard but lost himself in the game and had lost his cool by the third period which he spent complaining and sitting in the box.

Meanwhile, Kurashev was awesome, player of the game for Hawks, and Coach King of Rockford declared afterward "He is going to be a heck of a hockey player."

Little bit about it here...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/blackh...-leafs-traverse-city-nhl-prospects-tournament

Sucks but losing one in this format pretty much assures you won't be in the championship game. 3rd place is our new target.

So to recap. Dach has his first rebound to make and show some maturity as his development faces a quandry of how best to keep his progression fastest. If he needs a year to mature some testosterone I think its basically a waste of 12 months we get back in contract year...

Kampf and Carpenter may not have the quality to hold off Kurashev for long...as his offensive abilities and speed will look good on the third line.

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kurashev-Shaw
Jewels-Dach-Smith

13. Kampf/Carp

If Dach made the team his size, durability, and aggression make him an interesting top 6 guy able to man the 4th, especially with Smith or Carp on his wing to carry faceoffs at first.

They could play this line-up and be effective with it right now, its just a matter of contracts and waiting for the right time, I think its a great line-up, versatile, and has much balance.

Not to disparage Kampf or Carp, I think they are great assets to the team and probably fill those center roles here to get things going.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe if Kurashev makes the team out of camp Carpenter will be a straight release or they would trade Kampf or send him to rockford, idk.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on head to head tiebreakers it appears the Leafs would go to the final. If Leafs beat red wings it doesn't matter, and Hawks settle their own fate at 5:30 monday against the Blues, michigan time...which I'm not going to sort out right now for us.

Maybe the Blues are streaming it?

Anyway, we face the blues to get into the third place game, and Dach needs to bounce back and find himself and focus on what he brings.

Kurashev was doing a Smaltz puck carrying exhibition by the sound of it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Maybe if Kurashev makes the team out of camp Carpenter will be a straight release or they would trade Kampf or send him to rockford, idk.
I always look at the lines and wonder who is the forward set on the pk.

The latest one without Kampf looks like Toews, Saad, then I dont know, Smith, Shaw? Third pair Jewels?

dont know what Carp and Smith bring to the PK, which needs to improve.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The latest one without Kampf looks like Toews, Saad, then I dont know, Smith, Shaw? Third pair Jewels?

I'm expecting Smith on the PK for sure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah...Carp, Smith, Kampf are part of that solution.

What would Dach bring to it? Speed, size, aggression, stick length? Maybe that is his personal answer to making the club. He might not be a usual high first selection from a skill perspective (but is way beyond trading down and selecting Pods, and also not nearly as scary even at 6'4" 220 lbs will never be as scary a human as Pods)...

But for #3 we get a guy that can actually skate, and if you wanted him in the old Frolik or Ben Smith role...I remember one of them was amazing at chasing guys around...

The penalty kill has never been the same since Frolik/Smith losses. Maybe Bolland/Toews were helping them alot, or Leddy. But those units were much faster and made teams decide fast.

Dach has a long stick and would make a fine mess of any power play.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah...Carp, Smith, Kampf are part of that solution.

What would Dach bring to it? Speed, size, aggression, stick length? Maybe that is his personal answer to making the club. He might not be a usual high first selection from a skill perspective (but is way beyond trading down and selecting Pods, and also not nearly as scary even at 6'4" 220 lbs will never be as scary a human as Pods)...

But for #3 we get a guy that can actually skate, and if you wanted him in the old Frolik or Ben Smith role...I remember one of them was amazing at chasing guys around...

The penalty kill has never been the same since Frolik/Smith losses. Maybe Bolland/Toews were helping them alot, or Leddy. But those units were much faster and made teams decide fast.

Dach has a long stick and would make a fine mess of any power play.

I dont think it mattered as much when Hammer was on the ice. I did remember Shaw seeing some power play time, and we know the line after a PK will be Cat Strome and Kane, so I guess the other 9 are options. Its just hoping they kill the penalty to hit Kaner up the ice with a pass when they switch and not a faceoff after a goal.

I know they usually try to let the new guys find roles on PK and give the vets the PP, but our guys are getting older and having Shaw Toews and Saad catching their breath on the bench might be a better long term solution.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think it mattered as much when Hammer was on the ice. I did remember Shaw seeing some power play time, and we know the line after a PK will be Cat Strome and Kane, so I guess the other 9 are options. Its just hoping they kill the penalty to hit Kaner up the ice with a pass when they switch and not a faceoff after a goal.

I know they usually try to let the new guys find roles on PK and give the vets the PP, but our guys are getting older and having Shaw Toews and Saad catching their breath on the bench might be a better long term solution.

Yeah...Hammer and Ben Smith were the pillars of a great power play. Chaser and blocker.

Maata is here to be that blocker. So there is your other answer.

For a chaser...yeah...Kampf/Carp are kinda that guy...I'm just proposing/asking if there is a reason Dach couldn't do it for a year or two and add some lower line values since I don't think his game is ready for big top 6 minutes. As a big warrior type he might have earn his way a bit more than his draft status suggests...or I am suggesting not coddling him and trying to baby a guy like him...make him give that value of being a monster because that is the only justification of drafting him ahead of Turcotte or Byram...you have to let him be big and fast and long. Thats what he is.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah...Hammer and Ben Smith were the pillars of a great power play. Chaser and blocker.

Maata is here to be that blocker. So there is your other answer.

For a chaser...yeah...Kampf/Carp are kinda that guy...I'm just proposing/asking if there is a reason Dach couldn't do it for a year or two and add some lower line values since I don't think his game is ready for big top 6 minutes. As a big warrior type he might have earn his way a bit more than his draft status suggests...or I am suggesting not coddling him and trying to baby a guy like him...make him give that value of being a monster because that is the only justification of drafting him ahead of Turcotte or Byram...you have to let him be big and fast and long. Thats what he is.

I have just seen what Dach can do on offense, not sure about the defense, so just asking who are our top 6 forward defenders that need to be ready for the penalty kill. If Kampf and Carp are those guys, they gotta be in the top 12, not sharing 13.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have just seen what Dach can do on offense, not sure about the defense, so just asking who are our top 6 forward defenders that need to be ready for the penalty kill. If Kampf and Carp are those guys, they gotta be in the top 12, not sharing 13.
Well Dach's not going to be on any PP's anytime soon, his minutes would be low on the bottom 6, and he is hungry for all the minutes he can get. I think he could do it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Dach's not going to be on any PP's anytime soon, his minutes would be low on the bottom 6, and he is hungry for all the minutes he can get. I think he could do it.
or possibly anywhere Chicago related...

I would think the worst thing he could do to make the squad is have a maturity mistake and be a liability. A day after being an embarrassment to do something silly...man.

Front office: "Well...back to Sasquatchatoon kid, it was nice to know you. Kucherov will take your minutes this year, come get your 9 after a season back skating with the children where you belong...although...may god have mercy on their souls."