Trevathan: Broncos D is better than '85 Bears

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They gave up and average 15.7 points in the playoffs. The 85 bears surrender 10, and those 10 were in the super bowl.

I'll give them the fact they beat Big Ben, Brady, and Cam in order to win, but still, let's not get crazy.

*edit* at least he did say maybe they would be 2nd to the Bears.

AussieBear

Tre said

"You're going to ask me? No. 1. No. 1 in my opinion, over '85 Bears," he said. "If not No. 1, No. 2.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Hahaha! Every year we have to listen to some douche compare......errrr wait....say that their D is BETTER than the 85 Bears! We all just laugh now.

Allowing the Panthers with no WRs to drop 21 first downs on them to go with 315 yards :smug2:

mecha

Liked Posts:
different eras too. I can buy that argument I guess. no other team ever forced back to back shutouts in the playoffs though. and the Bears Super Bowl was over by halftime.

Cam Newton doesn't shit the bed and we might be discussing something entirely different right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The irony of his statement is its him that makes the defense not as good.

I say buyer be ware the price because every other player surrounding him is playing at a pro bowl level. It's trevathon and Marshal the middle linebackers that are average, get attacked, and rack up tackles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who cares? The guy just won the Super Bowl. Of course he's gonna be feelin his oats. Nothing to see here....

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That defense might be the equivalent nowadays to what the '85 bears were in that time. They're pretty amazing.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
It happens every year...Whenever a team that has a good D wins a SB, the faulty comparisons are made..

BTW..Jim Nance was repeating that Kubiak would be the first HC to win a SB with the team he played for..I laughed at that one too

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
The irony of his statement is its him that makes the defense not as good.

I say buyer be ware the price because every other player surrounding him is playing at a pro bowl level. It's trevathon and Marshal the middle linebackers that are average, get attacked, and rack up tackles.

Trevathan is surrounded by studs but he is also a great player himself.

He's definitely above average.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I like it when players compare their D to the 85 Bears. It just reinforces that it is the most remembered D. No one ever compares their D to the 70s Steelers, or the 00 Ravens. It is always the 85 Bears.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
When comparing apples to oranges I prefer bananas...

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
They gave up and average 15.7 points in the playoffs. The 85 bears surrender 10, and those 10 were in the super bowl.

I'll give them the fact they beat Big Ben, Brady, and Cam in order to win, but still, let's not get crazy.

*edit* at least he did say maybe they would be 2nd to the Bears.

I wasn't around in '85 but the former sounds more impressive tbh

To be that dominant in this era, all year, against the competition they faced is quite incredible.

I mean let's face it, they beat 2 HOF QBs, probably 3 with Cam in the playoffs. Then go back in the regular season when they dominated Rodgers, and just about everyone else they encountered.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Sloth-yawn.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

To be that dominant in this era, all year, against the competition they faced is quite incredible.

I mean let's face it, they beat 2 HOF QBs, probably 3 with Cam in the playoffs. Then go back in the regular season when they dominated Rodgers, and just about everyone else they encountered.

The Patriots had NEGATIVE 19 yards in the first half. They didn't get a first down until the 3rd quarter. The only reason they were not shut out was because the Bears fumbled on the first play of the game and the Patriots kicked a FG. The late TD the Patriots scored when it was 46-3 never would have been allowed by the Bears if the shutout was still in tact.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The 1985 Bears played some good teams. They want 15-1, beat absolutely everyone they had to. Their one loss was to the Miami Dolphins, who lost in the AFC Championship ending a possibly rematch.

They played the Patriots, 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins as regular season opponents that made the playoffs that year. They beat the Giants and Rams in the playoffs allowing zero points. And destroyed the Patriots I'm the super bowl.

The 2015 Broncos went 12-4. They lost to the Colts, who had a down year, Chiefs (who stomped them, which you can thank Peyton for) mediocre Raiders and then the steelers. They played 7 games against playoff opponents going 5-2. They played turnover free football in the first two playoff games and met the team with the best record at 15-1 in the super bowl. And they forced turnovers and didn't allow their offense to do much. So thus ended up with a two score victory.

I don't really have a point here other than to throw out some facts concerning the two teams.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.