Trevathan extended

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a great move by Pace is Kwit if getting the #s rumored. Roquan will improve dramatically with DT's leadership both on and off the field. DT is a GREAT person and a warrior. Yes, he has some injury history, but who doesn't? This is a move that will serve Roquan and the future of the defense well IMO.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
As others have mentioned, this move makes sense when you consider Roquan will come up on the end of his rookie deal around the time DT’s contract ends. Also, don’t forget about KPL. If we can re-sign him, it’s a win. Guy played great when given the chance. Good depth piece.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Roquan has the most potential of all our ilbs if you have roquan kpl instincts and reaction time you'd have an all pro linebacker except he is slow to react shows very little instinct and has no zone coverage skills.

You don't know what you're talking about

Damn it i'm gonna miss Kwiat. He's a beast and i hope he's a beast wherever he goes unless it's GB or the NFC North.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a great move by Pace is Kwit if getting the #s rumored. Roquan will improve dramatically with DT's leadership both on and off the field. DT is a GREAT person and a warrior. Yes, he has some injury history, but who doesn't? This is a move that will serve Roquan and the future of the defense well IMO.

I'm happy to have him back but will feel much better when we sign a 3rd ILB (KPL Please) cause neither one of DT or RS have shown they can stay healthy. Hopefully KPL doesn't think he deserves too much after playing pretty well for us when he was given his chances to play. No more then $1.5 i'm hoping.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy to have him back but will feel much better when we sign a 3rd ILB (KPL Please) cause neither one of DT or RS have shown they can stay healthy. Hopefully KPL doesn't think he deserves too much after playing pretty well for us when he was given his chances to play. No more then $1.5 i'm hoping.

KPL for sure. Loved his energy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My personal choice would have been to let Trevethan walk, almost guaranteeing a decent comp pick next year, and roll with KPL, Roq, a cheap vet, Woods, and Iggy at ILB.

But Danny is a solid player, a good guy in the locker room, and will make the team better this year if/when healthy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they're based on his 4 years and you dismiss 2019 as a fluke because players do progress and learn and evolve but let's not take that into account, oh what's next ? let's look at a preseason game in 2019 guess what they don't fucking matter no one cared to play at their best unless you are a rookie Nick wasn't in a position to lose his backup role and he was stuck behind a 1st rounder and a veteran making a bunch of money.

You are kind of a moron......you are making shit up just to prove me wrong even though none of this is what I am basing it on.....

He's not fast enough. You are entitled to your dumb ass opinion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My personal choice would have been to let Trevethan walk, almost guaranteeing a decent comp pick next year, and roll with KPL, Roq, a cheap vet, Woods, and Iggy at ILB.

But Danny is a solid player, a good guy in the locker room, and will make the team better this year if/when healthy.

But if Kwiat gets a bigger contract than Trevathan did then we have a chance of getting an even better comp pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
But if Kwiat gets a bigger contract than Trevathan did then we have a chance of getting an even better comp pick.
If you read a bit closer you'll see that I would have let both of them walk.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you read a bit closer you'll see that I would have let both of them walk.

Ahh i gotcha, you're saying we would almost certainly get a comp pick if we would of not brought either one back. I thought you were just talking about getting a comp pick if we would of let Trevathan go.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If that’s the rate then Floyd should get about 8 million a year as others have said. I just don’t want to lose Floyd. Despite being a bad pass rusher losing him without a viable replacement would be a huge blow to the defense.
The Floyd price tag of $13M is all about rookie contract structure and that rookie season. From his side there are 2 options:

1 - Play for $13M
2 - Become a FA and go to the highest bidder

Those hoping he wants to negotiate off of the $13M are nuts. Contractually he's currently owed it unless the Bears pull it away. Players normally like being a FA. They can negotiate their worth, look at all options and choose their destination.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You are kind of a moron......you are making shit up just to prove me wrong even though none of this is what I am basing it on.....

No he isn't if that's the case why isn't trevathan "too slow" he is much slower. Trevathan is good in coverage but he isn't better than 2019 Nick kwiatkoski.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

It isn't opinion it's fact Nick kwiatkoski actually showed the ability to mirror TEs and running backs and meet them at the point of catch on any route or position he was in except for the time he had a teammate completely run into him and left a running back wide open who was running a wheel route. He showed he had eyes in the back of his head while in zone coverage breaking up passes or intercepting them by being in the right place at the right time if u watch the highlights you'd see that.
Roquan Smith is horrible in zone coverage he only knows how to defend shallow routes and sit in a spot until something happens.... He is best as man coverage LB but is slow to react and anticipate, he is late to trail and Chase his man.

Trevathan is the least physically gifted and slowest but he has exp and understands the game well he knows he can't do what the best LBers(mostly athletically) can but tries his best to be in the right position to make a play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No he isn't if that's the case why isn't trevathan "too slow" he is much slower. Trevathan is good in coverage but he isn't better than 2019 Nick kwiatkoski.

There's running a 40 in spandex shorts at the combine fast and then there's football fast when wearing all your football gear which is what really matters and Kwiat is fast enough to be a really good starting LB in the NFL and he showed it not only in the games he played this last year but many times throughout his 4 years in Chicago.

I think people need to stop using every players 40 time at the combine to say whether that player is fast or slow when on the field in his gear playing football.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I would rather have signed Kwit, to be honest. You hate to lose a 26 year old home grown player coming off a career year. I get Trevathon's leadership and his cheaper price tag, but he's also a huge injury risk every year, and he's not getting any younger.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You are kind of a moron......
How exactly is someone 'kind of a moron'? Does that mean they can't read, mumble through talking and is socially extremely awkward, but somehow manages to be really good at math?

From an insult side, 'kind of a moron' just means 'moron'. Stop beating around the bush!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They couldn’t pay Kwit.

Trevathan will be gone as Roquan needs to be paid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears prefer Trevathan over Kwiat. Based on money that is obvious now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They couldn’t pay Kwit.

Trevathan will be gone as Roquan needs to be paid.

This assumes Roquan is deserving of a 2nd contract. Dude has been a disappointment for me. Not as good as advertised but then again if Pace is still around, he may end up pulling a Floyd again.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Danny Trevathan - 3 years, $21.75 million,$13.625 million guaranteed
Nick Kwiatkoski - 3 years, $21 million; $13.5 million guaranteed

So they were essentially the exact same deal, meaning the Bears probably choose Trevathan over Kwaitkoski.

I'm not criticizing their decision. After all, the coaches worked with both players and ultimately gave them game day assignments based on what they felt the respective players could accomplish.