Trevon Diggs at 43

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
A few mocks I follow have Diggs dropping because of the foot injury.

I can't imagine the 5th best CB dropping that far, but if so, run to the podium and worry about OG later.

Diggs has prototypical size, man coverage ability and ball skills. A true outside CB. Alabama pedigree.

I still don't think he drops. No way a potential day 1 starter at a skill position falls to 43.

Definite run to the podium pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still have a few WRs ahead of him and wpuld probably trade out of 43 if those WRs were gone but if you do stand pat and he is there, definately one of the better options for the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Worry about OG later...

Trevon Diggs would be upgrading the 10th best player on the Defense.

Upgrading at RG would arguably upgrade the worst starter on the team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I can't imagine the 5th best CB dropping that far, but if so, run to the podium and worry about OG later.

Diggs has prototypical size, man coverage ability and ball skills. A true outside CB. Alabama pedigree.

I still don't think he drops. No way a potential day 1 starter at a skill position falls to 43.

Yeah i've seen a couple mocks that had us getting him at 43 as well but agree 100% with if he's there you don't think twice about running to the podium to take him. The only thing that could change that would be a overwhelming trade offer that goes past the point scale for trades.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I still have a few WRs ahead of him and wpuld probably trade out of 43 if those WRs were gone but if you do stand pat and he is there, definately one of the better options for the Bears.

Who the few receivers you like?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

As an Alabama fan, an Alabama pedigree means relatively little.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Nothing special. Too hesitant. Played nobody except LSU and sucked. Pass.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who the few receivers you like?

Reagor, Mims, Shenault, Higgins at 43. If they aren't there I am inclined to trade down and target Claypool.

And didn’t or doesn’t like Arob lol.

Not a question of like. I was perfectly fine with the ARob signing. I thought he under-performed in 2018 and thought he was good in 2019. People seem to confuse me calling it like I see it in terms of performance with liking or disliking someone.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is whether a player produces.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reagor, Mims, Shenault, Higgins at 43. If they aren't there I am inclined to trade down and target Claypool.

Not a question of like. I was perfectly fine with the ARob signing. I thought he under-performed in 2018 and thought he was good in 2019. People seem to confuse me calling it like I see it in terms of performance with liking or disliking someone.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is whether a player produces.

No, I have been told by a credible source that the only thing that matters is what Ryan Pace was thinking, that every GM misses, and our mock drafts are wrong all the time.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really like Diggs as a prospect. One of my favorite players in this class. That being said, I'm fine with the CB position as it is. If you add a CB early, that means one of the guys the Bears just signed (Roberson, Burns) or just drafted (Shelley) would be cut. Now I'd take Diggs over Shelley 100x out of 100, but there's not a ton of value to add another CB. Gotta see what you have in Toliver.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Take a look at these CBs for a little later in the draft.

Tulsa_logo.gif
Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
Height: 6-1. Weight: 202. Arm: 32.38. Hand: 8.25.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2020): 3-4.

3/14/20: Robinson could get drafted higher than expected because he is a tall cornerback with speed and athleticism. He totaled four interceptions, 13 passes broken up and 38 tackles during his senior year. Over previous three seasons, he totaled 21 passes broken up. Robinson has a good skill set and could develop into a starting outside cornerback. He's a sleeper pick who could be a steal.

Iowa_logo.gif
Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa
Height: 6-0. Weight: 199. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.
40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2020): 4-6.

3/14/20: Ojemudia played well overall for Iowa in 2019, collecting 52 tackles, three interceptions and nine passes broken up. Ojemudia had a good combine to help himself.

6/22/19: Ojemudia is a bigger corner who could be a candidate to compete as a zone or press-man corner if he shows the ability to play those techniques. As a junior, he had three interceptions with 39 tackles and six passes broken up. Ojemudia had one breakup and 29 tackles in 2017.

LouisianaTech_logo.gif
L'Jarius Sneed, CB, Louisiana Tech
Height: 6-0. Weight: 192. Arm: 31.38. Arm: 8.88.
40 Time: 4.37.
Projected Round (2020): 4-6.

3/14/20: Sneed had 73 tackles with six passes broken up and three interceptions in 2019. He had a good combine to help himself.

6/22/19: Snead had a good 2018 season for the Bulldogs and did not go unnoticed by the numerous scouts coming to watch Jaylon Ferguson. On the year, Snead recorded 44 tackles with three interceptions and eight passes defended. He has good size to him, but his coverage skills could use some work for the NFL. Some team advance scouts projected him to the back half of the 2020 NFL Draft or undrafted team ranks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Worry about OG later...

Trevon Diggs would be upgrading the 10th best player on the Defense.

Upgrading at RG would arguably upgrade the worst starter on the team.

CB > OG.

Not saying don’t improve the guard position but CB is way more important than guard in the overall scheme of things. I’d take a great CB and a competent OG any day over a competent CB and a great OG.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
CB > OG.

Not saying don’t improve the guard position but CB is way more important than guard in the overall scheme of things. I’d take a great CB and a competent OG any day over a competent CB and a great OG.

Our offense sucks.

Our defense is really good.

Part of that is resource allocation. We don’t need a great CB2, we need a much better OL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Our offense sucks.

Our defense is really good.

Part of that is resource allocation. We don’t need a great CB2, we need a much better OL.

You assume the defense will be really good but ignore the Bears have lost two starters in the secondary.