Trey Burton mild groin strain (unrelated to surgery)

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Is it his groin or mental midget issues? Being that @dabears70 has legit mental issues maybe he can chime in

I don't think there's any value to debating is it A or B. Both are medical. Both can be debilitating. Both can be treated. I think it's a fair question to ask, is Burton foregoing traditional treatment and instead choosing to lean on his faith. No doubt, people perservere through their faith. But when taken to an extreme, like anything, it can hinder progress.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Having a good pass-catching tight end at least as an option to keep the defense honest is absolutely crucial to this offense, just like it is with Andy Reid’s offense.

I hope like hell that this somehow is just a 1-2 game short-term thing, but I worry this is just going to be an ongoing injury issue with Burton.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably a safe bet. Biggs said last night that he didn't think Burton was physically ready based on what the media saw in practice.

The team is excited and fired up about Adam Shaheen and Ben Braunecker, though.

images

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it his groin or mental midget issues? Being that @dabears70 has legit mental issues maybe he can chime in

I understand its fun to insult people with depression and anxiety. However, Burton didn't miss a single regular season game last year due to any injury. He had a legit groin issue that required surgery.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TE is one of the most important positions in Nagys offense. And the two guys Bears have worth a lick can’t get/stay healthy. I hope Nagy is able to make an adjustment this year. We’ve got legit playmakers at WR and RB now. Let’s keep the bulk of the offense going thru them.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
In KC and in Chicago, when the tight end has been out, Nagy’s offense has floundered. Nagy’s a smart guy—hopefully he shows he can adjust.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really about done with Burton. And Shaheen has been a bust. We don't have a decent TE on this team. WTF. Pisses me off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Groin enhancement surgery?.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the board falls the right way next draft, they have to seriously consider going TE and OT with their 2 second round picks.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, while it is unfortunate that Shaheen is a bust and Burton keeps missing games, it still doesn't change the bigger picture. Mitch *should*be able to overcome missing an "average" TE. This offense and year is all on him. Really don't give a shit if either our two pussy ass TE's play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is officially listed as limited....so maybe?

Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.

@wiltfongjr

#Bears officially announce Trey Burton as limited and Rashaad Coward as a did not practice, and that’s the full injury report from today.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I understand its fun to insult people with depression and anxiety. However, Burton didn't miss a single regular season game last year due to any injury. He had a legit groin issue that required surgery.
I think it was wild speculation on some fans' parts for the way they reacted. Burton could have been hurt. I don't think, even with anxiety disorder, he would have missed that playoff game. He says he was hurt, reports are out he had surgery. We should let this to rest no?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, while it is unfortunate that Shaheen is a bust and Burton keeps missing games, it still doesn't change the bigger picture. Mitch *should*be able to overcome missing an "average" TE. This offense and year is all on him. Really don't give a shit if either our two pussy ass TE's play.

Burton has missed one game out of 17....

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Burton has missed one game out of 17....

I know what you're trying to say, but ultimately I don't think he's going to make or break our offense in general, or really affect the Packers game this Thursday. He's a bit soft when blocking, misses big games (for whatever reason) and does have a slight tendency to drop the ball. In other words, it's all about Mitch, IMO.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what you're trying to say, but ultimately I don't think he's going to make or break our offense in general, or really affect the Packers game this Thursday. He's a bit soft when blocking, misses big games (for whatever reason) and does have a slight tendency to drop the ball. In other words, it's all about Mitch, IMO.

when you say misses big games...the same can apply to Jackson....both were injured one game....

Burton was a top ten tight end last year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I know it’s PFF, but he was the #1 rated blocker at the position I believe. He’s certainly not a weak blocker. If anything, he’s an above average blocking TE. Perhaps one of the best. He also caught 71% of his targets. And missed......one game last year. And not many more on his career. Say what you may about Burton, but your analysis is way off.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall him dropping passes that required additional effort frequently. Of course, I can't recall the exact game or series, but he was brutal against the 49ers. PFF doesn't mean shit. And by big games, I'm talking about the Eagles game and am assuming he'll miss the Packers game on Thursday.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was wild speculation on some fans' parts for the way they reacted. Burton could have been hurt. I don't think, even with anxiety disorder, he would have missed that playoff game. He says he was hurt, reports are out he had surgery. We should let this to rest no?
Drama overcomes all here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall him dropping passes that required additional effort frequently. Of course, I can't recall the exact game or series, but he was brutal against the 49ers. PFF doesn't mean shit. And by big games, I'm talking about the Eagles game and am assuming he'll miss the Packers game on Thursday.

Burton had 3 drops all year long. out of 76 targets

Ebron, for example had 7.....

Cook 6