Trey Burton mild groin strain (unrelated to surgery)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They were forced to play so much without last year, or it seemed like it, so I'd think it wouldn't be a big issue if he can't play.

Burton started all 16 regular season games last season. In his 5 seaons in the NFL he has averaged playing in 15.4 games a year.

But I can't tell you why. So, this is not good.

Not knowing things is in fact not good, but speculation and drama are fun replacements for actual knowledge and facts.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm DONE with Burton until he makes another big play to move the chains, and then I'm right back on board

Hopefully this won't affect the outcome of the Packers game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Make no mistake about, the Bears offense is much better with burton. The Bears need him. He deserves the benefit of the doubt here. If he misses the first game or two, so be it. He was a top 10ish TE last season.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the idiocy on this bored is amazing....people are done with Burton because he misses so many games........

The guy has missed one game in 5 seasons, it was a big game, and he could miss his second this week.

We know why some guys are obsessed with Burton and it has nothing to do with football.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not as much as most, Adam Shaheen will have his breakout year
Im about as optimistic as anyone when it comes to the Bears and even life in general. But even i kind of had a laugh at this.

Its not impossible but he really didnt show much when he has had his few opportunities. Here's to a miracle!?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m hoping shaheen could be a red zone threat and good on 3rd down. He has good hands. I don’t have confidence in him running a lot of routes downfield. Or to stay healthy for the matter. But hopefully I’m wrong.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Injury bug hitting already!

I think it’s time to really start worrying about this guys mental heath.
tumblr_inline_nqv7fgjM9G1tt18w9_500.gif

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guy has missed one game in 5 seasons, it was a big game, and he could miss his second this week.

We know why some guys are obsessed with Burton and it has nothing to do with football.
Why are some guys obsessed with Burton? I honestly don’t know.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Good points. He practiced today. Hopefully, he will be there on game day. Again, I don't know the intricacies of the offense. I just know that when he wasn't in there, we lost his production and Cohen's. Dunno if it is related.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are some guys obsessed with Burton? I honestly don’t know.

oober deleted my response, that is some fucked up modding. Let's try that again. @oober if you have a problem with my response please let me know the specifics, that compelled you to edit my post.

Thanks

@BaBaBlacksheep

Burton had an anxiety attack that made some of the biggest CCS pussies like @Warden of the Northeast to go off, calling Burton a mentally weak athlete, trying to feel superior. After that it devolved into a conspiracy theory that was hinted at when Burton was mentioned. Very creepy stuff.

Last edited:

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Don't know the rules completely, but if Burton misses the 1st 2 games, put him on IR to return (if he can) and bring up Horstead, or whatever his name is... Might be surprised by this kid.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Don't know the rules completely, but if Burton misses the 1st 2 games, put him on IR to return (if he can) and bring up Horstead, or whatever his name is... Might be surprised by this kid.
He looked pretty good in preseason, might as well give him a shot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Look, I support him, but groin injuries can be a pain to rehab and shouldnt be rushed. I dont know how comfortable I would be guessing that he would play for the first few weeks. I agree with the above poster about possibly putting him on IR for 8 weeks to rehab, it might be best for both the team and Burton's own health to properly rest and recover.

Also, I took him in the 13th round of my fantasy football draft as a backup, hoping that he would be ready around week 7 (I am not in a strong situation with TEs, with Njoku as the starter, who will be feast or famine with all the passes to hand out in Cleveland).

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't know why...but Trey's situation really bugs me because the fact the Adam hasn't proven anything much lately along with the other fact that Adam is banged up from TC and we truly don't know if Adam is actually ready.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
This is the bears. If the injury is legit and isn't some tactical mind game by a HC to a rookie HC then we will shut him down until after the bye. They view the season as a marathon not a sprint.

Trot him out there for weeks 1 and 2 and lose him until weeks 11 or 12 just isn't productive or smart.