Trubisky’s looming contract.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky does not show huge improvement the next year or two the Bears need to grow a pair and show him the door. The Bears can not tie up a huge stack of money into a mediocre QB especially when they are paying Kahil Mack. There’s talk of the Rams doing the same with the Goff, who’s a better QB. The Bears, if the Rams don’t beat them to it, should definitely buck the trend of paying mediocre/bad QBS 8-9 figure salaries. This would show real forward thinking on their part while at the same time showing they are man enough to admit to their mistakes. It would also show the league that selfish players demanding more than they are worth will not be welcome on the Chicago Bears.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too early to do anything other than speculate. It will be easier to see where he is after a few games. Personally I think he's going to light it up, and the sooner they can make that determination and start working towards a contract, the better. But they have to see how he is against live fire, i.e. real teams trying to blitz him from every which way and take his head off.

If he does do well, expect Carson Wentz numbers, which *gulp* is going to hurt.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My Trubisky #called it. He will elevate his game to a consistent top 10 QB and at contract time take a less than max deal to help maintain cap space for team. More Brady/Brees than Matt Ryan/Cousins contractually.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Trubisky #called it. He will elevate his game to a consistent top 10 QB and at contract time take a less than max deal to help maintain cap space for team. More Brady/Brees than Matt Ryan/Cousins contractually.

That would be great but I don’t see it happening. He’s going to likely pull a Dak Prescott and continue to play mediocre football then demand $30 million a year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That would be the ideal scenario. If/when the Bears do extend him, I could see him taking a team friendly deal, but he's still going to get paid.