dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Word, but I always feel the worst for @bearmick .

The rest of us get to trash Trubisky on a daily basis, but the second he looks like a NFL QB for 60 minutes
....they all mob up on Mick.

And I have personally witnessed it happen literally every year for a literal decade.

Meatballs gonna meatball. Thanks again for taking all them E-punches so the rest of us can just enjoy the W @bearmick

Awwwwwwww you guys should create a circle and all cry together for Mick...LOL.

Mick will be fine but he has been by far the biggest Trubs critic when he's playing bad so you can't get sad and cry for him when Trubs has some good games and the people that have had to read all his posts and all his thank banging for any post that had anything at all bad to say about Trubs comes back to him. He's a big boy and he'll be fine the next bad game Trubs has or even if we lose but Trubs doesn't play bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was really good last night again, against a better defense.

It is either clicking for him or it has been adapted for him, either way you can win with this Mitch.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It has become such a staple since the Cutler Era, that my first thought after Trubisky's TD run was....

"Who is going after Mick first?"

And that is so **** ing sad!

At least we got a throwback Mick vs BB match up to go with those uniforms.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think of any one of my CCS friends/enemies/frienemies when watching the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
While I was partying, high fiving everyone at the bar, sinking half a dozen shots and playing the fight song on the jukebox (as we do after every win - it's our own little club dub), these posters were probably fantasizing about me being pissed off that he played well and we won ?

You were high fiving everyone and sinking shots and playing the fight song because the Bears won, not because Trubisky played well. There's a difference you know?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree that his Trubs hate has been mostly valid but "A Little" overboard? Hahahaha

He's been by far the worst one on here when it comes to the Trubs hate.

I also think anyone on here acting like Trubs is now deserving of a 4-5 year deal and has now turned a corner and become a legit QB need to slow down.

Because of threads like this, where he gets called out in a thread that he was never even involved in about some obscure record that no one cares about.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem now is that we got the good Trubisky too late and even if he did play well for the rest of the season there's still a good chance that we lose every one of them because It's GB, KC and Minn and our defense is gonna have a much tougher time stopping any of those offenses then they did with the Cowboys last night

Oh come on now. Don't hop off the Meatball Train now buddy!

Is it really too late or is it all coming together at just the right time?!?

Shutting down the Dallas offense was a bigger deal than you are giving the defense credit for....especially down it's best linebackers. Trubisky almost doubling his production the last few weeks three weeks straight is a bigger deal than you are giving it credit for.

Stop hating on Nagy and Mick and get back on the Pace Parade. These coaches may bail Ryan Pace out again!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes i know it's all in one paragraph and i don't give a shit.

And I won't lie and tell you I read the whole thing because it's too much of a text wall, but glancing through it I got the gist. All I can say is that I have no response to any argument that's based on the premise that I hate Trubisky, because I simply don't.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You were high fiving everyone and sinking shots and playing the fight song because the Bears won, not because Trubisky played well. There's a difference you know?

Obviously, yeah. I'm a bears fan. I was a bears fan long before Trubisky came here and I will be long after he's gone.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It is either clicking for him or it has been adapted for him, either way you can win with this Mitch.

Yes we can win with this Mitch, the question still has to answered if this is the Mitch we will get consistently and R.Pace is being put in a horribly tough position if Mitch plays this well or close to it in the next 3 games against 3 legit good/great teams. I mean it's not like he has to give Trubs a 4-5 year deal, he just needs to decide on picking up the 5th year option for now but a much bigger decision isn't too far away. Trubs plays anything close to the way he has win or lose these 3 games then i think you have to pick up the 5th year option.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I actually think fans criticism of the play calling is more off base than any criticism of individual player. Not to say there's never a time to question certain calls, but...

OL can't run block or pass protect. No TE. RB with most drops in the NFL. Miller with butter fingers. And people here cry about the play calls incessantly.

No better example than referring to running straight ahead on 3rd and one as a "trick play" because the man who lined up in the backfield and got the ball was Patterson. People here refer to almost every play inside the 5 as a trick play when they aren't. It's comical.

Um 3rd and 1 to a WR is smart playcalling?
1st and goal with tarik cohen up the middle isn't a trick play?

I don't know what you are talking about. They aren't "trick plays", they are gimmicky plays. As in we think we can do something outside of normal that would throw the defense off our intent. Which failed multiple times miserably.

Robinson has caught fire in the redzone. Shocking. I guess thats what happens when you throw the ball to him. Montgomery has diced up defenses the last 2 games. I guess thats what happens when you actually commit to a run game and don't try to substitute your run game for short passes behind the LOS.

We were constantly in 3rd in long situations. constantly not getting the play in on time. constantly having offensive illegal formations and delay of game penalties to go along with illegal man down field, blocks in the back, and holding calls,

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yep. They care more about calling people out than Bear wins and player performances. Worst kind of fans.

I just love how they ignore months of sample size and then look at two games and say “see! You were all WRONG!”

Big credit to Mitch on his performance and the win last night. But I, like many, need to see more. What happens vs GB when they play contain and make Mitch become a passer? I can't wait to find out and i hope he shits on them.

When they play contain you run the ball directly at them or move the pocket as you saw in the last two games. Moving the pocket forces the DE to attack the QB as he has become a runner with the ability to throw on the run. When this happens the LB is now responsible for taking the sideline away from Mitch not the DE as he is being blocked hopefully out of the play by the OT. This if not covered properly creates an open TE or WR between the sticks if the LB decides to take the QBs run lane away and an open run lane if the DE cant beat his man and get to the QB who now becomes a RB. So the LB has to read his DE and guage whether he can make the play and if he misreads this it is an easy completion or depending on the QBs ability to run a few yards gained and possibly a first down.

This skillset of Mitch Trubisky isn't utilized enough by Nagy or hasn't been until lately. Mitch is 30lbs heavier than most safeties in the NFL who usually are around 195lbs, not saying that Mitch should go for contact but he definitely has the strength to break a tackle if a poor effort is made. He's not Lamar Jackson R. Wilson, Mahommes, or Watson, but he can run and is agile enough to shake people. He isn't big Ben or Tim Tebow where he can muscle through defenders but he is strong enough to break arm tackles and power himself upfield against shaky tackling attempts. He isn't Brady from the pocket but he can throw some really precise passes, enough to make you respect that part of the game.

When Mitch runs 5 or more times in games it gives WRs and TE's an extra step on their defenders who look in the backfield for that extra second. When Mitch doesn't get arm tackled it forces you to commit more defenders to stopping him whether thats through blitzing or gang tackling, which exhausts defensive players and doesn't allow them to take plays off. When defenses start to send pressure to disrupt the timing and attack the moving pockets it sets up the screen game which was exceptionally called.

Playcalling by Nagy was exceptional the past 2 games. Mitch was exceptional the last 2 games. They are directly related.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
1 halfway decent game and the Trubisky mouth breathing meatballs are back out in full force

1 halfway decent game.

He broke an NFL record?! He basically hit for the cycle in baseball. He showed his diverse talents like no other QB has done before. he displayed accuracy, 3 throwing TDs , Ran the ball for 50 yards , hit 8 different receivers to show it was him reading the field and hitting the open man not relying on 1 superstar, he had a rushing TD for 24 yards. If that's not showcasing your diversity as an offensive weapon I dont know what is.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

He hit 8 different targets. That's what great QBs do. Not good ones, great ones.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He hit 8 different targets. That's what great QBs do. Not good ones, great ones.

No bad QB has ever had a game where he hit 8 different targets?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No bad QB has ever had a game where he hit 8 different targets?

Bortles actually had a great second year in Jacksonville and the team was favored to win the division along with make a superbowl appearance sometime in the near future. Bortles most likely had a mental breakdown and fell apart under the pressure. 4400 yards passing and 35 touchdowns doesn't happen with bad QBs. Nobody can quite figure out what happened with Bortles, some said his technique got screwed up, some said he had mental issues, confidence issues, you name it people couldn't figure out what happened.

Chances are he just got figured out and the HC was incapable of adjusting the offense. They had A-rob and a good TE and Fournette and another solid WR. The offense still isn't that good down there. I'm not saying QBs can't slump or suck or fall off. But to me its apparent that none of those "stars" are shining down in Jacksonville. Leanord Fournette was seen by mant as the next AP. If you watch the offense they run its totally unsuitable to him as a runner. He makes the most of shit opportunities.

And Mitch had 6 TDs last year against tampa and played great against the lions last week who we beat twice because of Mitch. The guy has put us in position to win games late in the playoffs and had we not missed some field goals this season would likely be an 8 or 9 win team. We also don't attempt field goals outside of 40 yards now because of the kicker situation. again putting more stress on the offense to succeed thus making it harder to win games.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
@Chris Sojka used to be a halfway decent poster, but his focus on Trubisky has turned him rotten.

he becomes the focus of every topic. Last year was not a fluke and this year is a result of bad playcalling and poor execution by everyone including Mitch.

But saying, this is all on Mitch isn't fair evaluation of the situation as it is way more complex than that. So it becomes hard not to talk about something that everyone seems to turn the conversation to. I mean we were talking about Anthony Miller and it turned into a Mitch conversation. The lack of talent at TE is somehow directly related to something Mitch does wrong. The O line looks bad because Mitch holds the ball too long. The list goes on.

It's obvious I'm a supporter of his. I was the only person in Jake Melnicks (best wings in chicago) who stood up and cheered when they drafted the guy.

This is what I thought he could be consistently and against good teams. And if he plays close to this level consistently he can be the player I thought we drafted with a number 2 overall pick and compete with Aaron Rogers for titles in the North on a yearly basis.