Trubisky Calls Out Nagy

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an ungrateful bastard he is. Nagy slaves away for 16 hours a day trying to (and succeeding) make Mitch look better than he is and Mitch responds by making passive aggressive stabs at him. I can’t wait until Mitch starts his new job as McDonald’s fry tender and Nagy is leading the Bears to a Super Bowl championship with a QB he handpicked,

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Have you received any apologies yet? Anthony is a fucking BALLER, baby.
Not a single apology. This is only going to get more difficult for these haters as time goes by.

If I was a hater who hated on antmill and me for being right about him, and I didn't apologize by now, I would probably kill myself.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many WR screens for a loss must Nagy call before E-W doesn't work sinks into that think skull of his?..End of 3rd quarter he started calling seam passes and other downfield calls, and the Bears finally scored..This is a pattern with him, and he wasted the whole season with his stubbornness..He basically wasted 40 minutes of a 60 minute game today calling his "Nagy Nonsense" plays

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many WR screens for a loss must Nagy call before E-W doesn't work sinks into that think skull of his?..End of 3rd quarter he started calling seam passes and other downfield calls, and the Bears finally scored..This is a pattern with him, and he wasted the whole season with his stubbornness..He basically wasted 40 minutes of a 60 minute game today calling his "Nagy Nonsense" plays
Yep, Ya gotta go North/South downfield with the friggin ball and be unafraid BUT cautious. I sure did like that throw he completed on the run to his left while throwing way across his body to the right for the completion.
SHADEs Of Mr M ... OMG sacrilege

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are looking at this the wrong way. Nagy needs to answer to the purpose that he was brought to Chicago for. That was to develop the offense and make this team more efficient on that side of the ball. So far the offense is 29th. This is the only number that matters.

Based on the fact of where the offense ranks and couldn't run the ball against a team that is giving up 120yds/game on average, he has failed. Miserably.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The whole statement centered around taking the pressure off the OL. So he said the OL played good, then he proceeded to say they need help because they aren't very good.
He’s right. Everything we are seeing is a coaching issue.

Can’t block, players don’t know their assignments, couldn’t make substitutions without giving penalties until recently, can’t run the ball, didn’t have a TE all year, no accountability. I wish the QB was the issue, but we’re only in that game because of him, the receiver core & the defense.

Need more warriors like Hicks. Get the soft lads out, Nagy included.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I agree with Trubisky. I would have ran Mitch from the gate. Take the ball on plenty of run options, and designed roll outs. He seems to get his passing touch with rushing the ball. He did average 7.4 yards per rush attempt.
It's so obvious it's painful. Trubisky sees it, commentators see it, the fans see it, EVERYBODY but Nagy sees it.

You can tell it's bothering Trubisky that he's not getting more of those opportunities, because this is now the 3rd time he's brought this up in a press conference since the Rams game. Nagy has a tendency to go away from things that are working because they are not HIS style of what he'd like the offense to look like. For example: running out of the I-Formation... Remember when that worked against the Chargers earlier in the year? Then remember how many more times we've seen it the rest of the season? EXACTLY.

Trubisky is an easy target because he's been bad for most of the season, but I'm starting to actually feel sorry for him the way his coach has been putting him in positions to fail. If I were a reporter, I would never stop asking Nagy why he continues to go away from things that are working.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy-- be you except the scrambling, running QB

Nagy isnt going anywhere but hopefully Helfrich is gone this offseason.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It's so obvious it's painful. Trubisky sees it, commentators see it, the fans see it, EVERYBODY but Nagy sees it.

You can tell it's bothering Trubisky that he's not getting more of those opportunities, because this is now the 3rd time he's brought this up in a press conference since the Rams game. Nagy has a tendency to go away from things that are working because they are not HIS style of what he'd like the offense to look like. For example: running out of the I-Formation... Remember when that worked against the Chargers earlier in the year? Then remember how many more times we've seen it the rest of the season? EXACTLY.

Trubisky is an easy target because he's been bad for most of the season, but I'm starting to actually feel sorry for him the way his coach has been putting him in positions to fail. If I were a reporter, I would never stop asking Nagy why he continues to go away from things that are working.

QFT.

Remember when after a game of running well, Nagy said "I wasn't brought in to call plays from the I-formation."

I cringed bad and withered inside. I had wanted Nagy to become a coach that adapts to what will destroy a team's defense like Belichick does. He will have Brady throw 50 + a game (well used to couple years ago) or run 30 times a game depending on the OPPOSING defense and matchups and weaknesses. Sean Payton does that too. John Harbaugh has re-tooled his offense to what works (or at least allowed the offensive coaches like Roman to tinker to what works).

Seems like it would be common sense but Icarus is still known today for a reason. As long as there are humans, there is ego.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch has played poorly at times, but Matt Nagy is the biggest reason why the Bears’ season went to hell.

I'll never forget Ragone shaking his head in disagreement with Nagy at the end of the Chargers game. I still want a real QB competition this offseason but it's going to be hard to truly contend with such an arrogant, oblivious headcoach

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Play calling was crap and I specifically ask my Bro where the screens went before the 1/2. Team seems to get better when it's desperate enough to make chicken salad out of the chicken shit play calling.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Nagy is an asshole. Clearly putting himself, his philosophy ahead of the Chicago Bears.

Play to your strengths, it’s what the coaches that win things do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this a good time to say I told you so?

All that gushing over Nagy last year but I knew this day would come although I was expecting a gradual descent rather than Nagy running gleefully over the cliff.