Trubisky Calls Out Offense After Win

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH; IT’S THE SLOPPINESS, THE MISTAKES, EVERYTHING. IT HAS TO STOP. WE’VE GOT TO GET BETTER AS AN OFFENSE. WE HAVE TOO MUCH TALENT AND WE’RE WASTING IT BECAUSE WE’RE HURTING OURSELVES. SO WE’VE JUST GOT TO BE BETTER, AND IF EVERYBODY DOES THEIR JOB, I THINK WE’LL BE FINE AND I THINK THAT’S WHAT YOU SEE IN THE THIRD QUARTER COMING OUT.”

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Good for him? Hope it's not a case of too little too late or worse:

The darker "pot" calling the lighter-shaded "kettle" black even if only in said "kettle's" deluded brain.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good for him? Hope it's not a case of too little too late or worse:

The darker "pot" calling the lighter-shaded "kettle" black even if only in said "kettle's" deluded brain.
Mitch as 100% correct for doing this. As Olin Kruetz said last week, Mitch needs to take ownership of the offense and hold others accountable including himself.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Mitch as 100% correct for doing this. As Olin Kruetz said last week, Mitch needs to take ownership of the offense and hold others accountable including himself.

I don't disagree but:

Hope it's not a case of too little too late

or worse:

We'll see from here how this goes. If things tighten up and get better then it's good leadership even if late, I'll take it.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch never points the thumbs. Horrible leader. You can see why no one respects or believes in him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The games where he doesn't completely stink are games like yesterday and the Lions. Playing bad teams and still only putting 19, 20 points on the board.

I'll take decent production with a turnover or two over zero production and no turnovers, but the decent production needs to happen in games other than against bottom feeders and they need to score more.

The games against the Lions and Giants feel like two of his better games lately but they were both among the lowest these teams have allowed in points and production.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who watched the 49ers game, is watching a team with a good defense, like we have, with a HC protecting his QB by running the ball a ton and going off play action. Too bad we hired a run/pass option idiot who rather throw three yard passes and puts square pegs in round holes......but hey, let's blame Mitch

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Anyone who watched the 49ers game, is watching a team with a good defense, like we have, with a HC protecting his QB by running the ball a ton and going off play action. Too bad we hired a run/pass option idiot who rather throw three yard passes and puts square pegs in round holes......but hey, let's blame Mitch

Winner winner chicken dinner!

He doesn't just protect him though. He literally takes Jimmy G and puts him in the best situation he can to succeed. That coach is a great coach because he can take the hand he is dealt and play it to its potential. Nagy is folding a winning hand because in his mind what he was dealt doesn't fit his play style. Some guys play suited connectors and some guys are willing to play with 2-7 off suit and represent an ace in the hole until the river. Nagy is possibly the most predictable playcaller in the NFL. Which in the poker world means he takes small pots against fish and cant hang with the high rollers. Nagy is continually trying to beat the man across from him by playing scientifically, instead of playing the man across from him.

If you can't understand what I just wrote you cannot understand any professional sport.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had me, right up to the 7 yard under throw interception in the end zone.

They went over that about 5 minutes after the interception on TV. The announcer (not me) said that interception was not on Trubisky. Miller had a step on his guy, would have been a perfect throw, but as Trubisky went into throw another receiver brought his defender right into the path who ultimately made the interception. Very sloppy.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I’m sorry I wasn’t aware that Nagy, then oline, then Mitch and the rest of the group was making the wrong reads, missing wide open receivers, and constantly needing to have the offense scaled back for him.

He missed one read.... lol the first drive... you're seriously asking for flawless football. How crazy.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You’re talking about one game against a bottom 3 defense. You’re seriously asking for bears fans to be happy with the shit QB we have. How stupid.

I mean, we have the worst running game in the NFL and no matter who starts I don't think that changes. A once strength of the offense is now the biggest weakness. As if the offensive guru taking away the best player on our offense was somehow going to set everyone else up for success.

Wake up man, we traded Howard, the WRs lead in drops, the playcalling is flat out nonsensical at times, we called a game where we threw 50+ times and ran the ball 7 times. 3 of them to a WR.

Feel free to protect your biased opinion. I gave Nagy equal praise and criticism last year, he handled Mitch and the offense well at times and forgot about Howard and Mitch Trubiskys legs at others. This year is on the HC. He made a pro-bowl alternate the worst QB in the league somehow. And Trubisky is actually doing things people said he wouldn't be able to do. he is reading defenses better. He is making deep throws more often. He is converting on 3rd and long. He is getting us in the redzone. Someone isn't helping his QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The quarterback is in a tough position. He is generally the de facto leader on offense. This means he has to point out when players do things wrong. He has to do this regardless if he makes mistakes. He is human so he will make them.

If you are afraid to point out problems and help make needed corrections because you are afraid that your own shortcomings would prevent you from doing so, you are not ready for leadership.

Conversely, if you won't accept criticism as a player from a team leader because the leader makes mistakes, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Being a good player that can accept criticism and look to yourself to get better is almost as important as being a leader.

Good leaders were great followers at one point.

This lesson applies to any position in any job.