Trubisky needs to audible more.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think everyone can agree that the running game never got going last night and it was one of at least 7 reasons that the bears lost. Probably in the top 2 reasons at a minimum.

What the **** is Nagy's problem?

Who tf knows but if there's one thing I know, as a QB in his third season, Mitch has earned the right to audible and if nagy pulls this crap again, trubisky needs to audible into a Montgomery run play as many times as it take.

This could snap Nagy out of his dumb cute Wonka bullCHIT, or at a minimum, get baby Faulk nice and lathered up.

If teams dont respect the run, u cant get the passing game going and we know Nagy wants to have that ball flying around to at least 20 different players every game. We you aren't getting that going without the run game.

And it looks like you aren't getting the run game going without Mitch manning up and calling some audibles.

Time to take the next step MITCHELL.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Uhhh buddy, I think Trubisky audibles to much. Nagy called run plays and Trubisky killed them at the line

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes...let's give the QB that takes 20 minutes to read 20 percent of the field 20 times more options....

Can they just install an "Auto QB" switch instead???

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yes...let's give the QB that takes 20 minutes to read 20 percent of the field 20 times more options....

Can they just install an "Auto QB" switch instead???

That's my thinking. They need to make the decision process easier for Trubisky. It will be interesting to see how much Nagy switches it up next week.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's my thinking. They need to make the decision process easier for Trubisky. It will be interesting to see how much Nagy switches it up next week.

I don’t think they can dumb it down any more for Trubisky than they already have.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you want audibles to be something that can happen in this offense it would probably be best if Nagy didn't call plays that took 10 seconds just to say it. The verbiage they use to call plays in this offense is quite wordy. By the time the play is called in to Mitch and he repeats it to the offense then reaches the line of scrimmage...there usually isn't enough time for him to read the defense and manage an audible before the clock runs out.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With his one read and telegraphing his receivers....I'm beginning to believe he's mentally slow or something.

I’ve believed this for quite some time now.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The last thing this qb needs to do is think more. One read/check down/scramble that’s it. Hand the ball off otherwise.

He can’t get past his first read, gotta simplify it and lean on the defense. John Fox style with some trick plays thrown in.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With his one read and telegraphing his receivers....I'm beginning to believe he's mentally slow or something.

Not much has changed. If he is confused by the zone look they're giving him then he more often than not is locked onto the guy he thinks might be who he has to go to.