Trubisky - Pocket Presence

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think we should name our QB after an animal or a car, that's what a 12 year old would do

We should name him after a biscuit because that's what COOL people would do

Well unfortunately for you and @Warden of the Northeast

Twitter has already spoken and no matter how much 2 or 3 posters want to try to force meme, Maserati went viral just like Mole-eyes. I think we can all agree that Mitchell is less and less Mole-eyed as he progresses...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's that clip: https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-escapes-sack-throws-for-first-down

It was a thing of beauty. Despite all the shit talking from national media, and some posters here, I think we have a special one guys. I can't wait to see how good he is year 2 under this system. Even where he is now, if he plays like he did yesterday, pretty sure we can go all the way. Saints will be tough in the dome (if things go that way), but I have a lot of faith in this defense.

Thank you so much!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It's odd that after a not so good performance, the front page of this message board is covered with Trubisky threads, and after a brilliant performance, only one Trubisky thread from them all. Although I always cared much more about defense and obviously in my glory, I think Mitchell needs a bit more love on this board.

I will go as far as to say we lose that game yesterday with at least 2/3s of the QBs in the NFL as our QB. His pocket presence yesterday was as good as I have ever seen by any quarterback. He had unblocked guys flying at him several times yesterday, some on his blind side, and somehow felt it, and turned potentially a sack/fumble/TD into positive yardage. The one with that ended with the soft pass down the field to Shaheen was in my opinion one of the best QB plays that I have ever seen (keep in mind that I spend a lot of time watching the Bears lol).

I thought he played flawless football. With the DirecTv I did have a Packer fan over my house for the game, I made him watch it on my TV outside. He said after the game that Trubisky is phenomenal, and couldn't stop talking about his moves out there.

If someone could post a video of that scrambling effort and soft pass to Shaheen, please post it in here.
I noticed that too. Especially this game there were some shots where he really seemed to 'feel' the DEs without seeing them. And reacting extremely well to it.

Which is a good thing, because the way bears OL sets up the pocket the Tackles tend to push the defenders back behind Mitch, so DEs are going to be coming up behind him. Good thing he's a hammerhead shark who can feel their electrical signal.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Name 3 and LINK pls.

Thanks.

HeHateMe
HeHateMe alt #1
HeHateMe alt #2

link_02.png

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
HeHateMe
HeHateMe alt #1
HeHateMe alt #2

link_02.png

That's funny because I recall having an epic #calledit early on in the season that Maserati Mitchell would break out big time and he literally did that very weekend against the Bucs. I've been a Mitchell supporter since just after @daabears made his opinions on Maserati known, and have been 100% all-in on him the entire time. Thanks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's odd that after a not so good performance, the front page of this message board is covered with Trubisky threads, and after a brilliant performance, only one Trubisky thread from them all. Although I always cared much more about defense and obviously in my glory, I think Mitchell needs a bit more love on this board.

I will go as far as to say we lose that game yesterday with at least 2/3s of the QBs in the NFL as our QB. His pocket presence yesterday was as good as I have ever seen by any quarterback. He had unblocked guys flying at him several times yesterday, some on his blind side, and somehow felt it, and turned potentially a sack/fumble/TD into positive yardage. The one with that ended with the soft pass down the field to Shaheen was in my opinion one of the best QB plays that I have ever seen (keep in mind that I spend a lot of time watching the Bears lol).

I thought he played flawless football. With the DirecTv I did have a Packer fan over my house for the game, I made him watch it on my TV outside. He said after the game that Trubisky is phenomenal, and couldn't stop talking about his moves out there.

If someone could post a video of that scrambling effort and soft pass to Shaheen, please post it in here.

Mitch played great. He's a big reason they won. I don't think it was "as good as I have ever seen" category or "flawless" by any means. But it was a good performance. Frankly it's what I expect from him now. Yeah, he'll lay a few turds every now and then but he's rapidly developing before our eyes. I'm thrilled the guy is our QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's funny because I recall having an epic #calledit early on in the season that Maserati Mitchell would break out big time and he literally did that very weekend against the Bucs. I've been a Mitchell supporter since just after @daabears made his opinions on Maserati known, and have been 100% all-in on him the entire time. Thanks.

It was a joke.

Now that BearMick guy...

:tiptoe:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being Debbie Downer is not my style, but I wasn't that impressed. Yes, he awareness was good in the pocket but don't forget he did fumble. A couple of other things:

1. Where did the deep ball go? Seems he and Nagy have given up on it lately.
2. It seems Nagy doesn't trust Mitch a whole bunch and announcers seem to keep touching upon Mitchell's state of mind/confidence. Twice he took the ball out of our #2 picks hand on 3rd and short and we didn't convert. One of those 3rd and 2s he handed off the ball to the 3rd string RB. The other was a dumb gimmicky play that was mishandled by "QB" Cohen. Why does Mitch not have the ball in his hands?

Upon further review I'd give Mitch a B for this game. He played an injured Packers team at home and his coach didn't ask him to do much. Wobbly passes and the fumble aside, he did ok.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't think we should name our QB after an animal or a car, that's what a 12 year old would do

We should name him after a biscuit because that's what COOL people would do
You make a very compelling argument there... This world has forgotten how to be cool.

Well unfortunately for you and @Warden of the Northeast

Twitter has already spoken and no matter how much 2 or 3 posters want to try to force meme, Maserati went viral just like Mole-eyes. I think we can all agree that Mitchell is less and less Mole-eyed as he progresses...
It's pretty cruel to call him mole-eyes. After you hear the name it's hard not to LOOK for it when you see him.

see-biscuit?
Combining the Biscuit with the Mako... Or how about Sea Squirrel?

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Another observation, do you ever wish Mitch would keep the ball more often on the RPO's (but it's more like you run or I run, not really pass)? The RB's seem to just crash into the line, and it seems Mitch could have bounced to the outside.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Mitch started 12 games last year and has 12 games under his belt this year. Let's look at the stats:

2017: 59.4% Completion percentage 2018: 64.9%

2017: 2193 YDS 2018: 2814 YDS

2017: 7 TD 7 INT 2018: 23 TD 12 INT

2017: 6.6 Y/A 2018: 7.4 Y/A

2017: Rating 77.5 2018: 94.1 Rating

2017: Sacks 31 2018: Sacks 21

Just complete improvement across the board.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost like there are several trolls on the board who make a lot of noise after Trubisky struggles, then go silent after a good game.
...or maybe it's because the entire human race loves negativity over positivity.

I popped in last night to see two threads congratulating the team on victory and eleven threads crapping on the Packers with three threads calling-out a specific Packer fan.

Humans are just horrible creatures and they are all over the internet...soooooo....

I am far more surprised the OP is surprised TBH.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Being Debbie Downer is not my style, but I wasn't that impressed. Yes, he awareness was good in the pocket but don't forget he did fumble. A couple of other things:

1. Where did the deep ball go? Seems he and Nagy have given up on it lately.
2. It seems Nagy doesn't trust Mitch a whole bunch and announcers seem to keep touching upon Mitchell's state of mind/confidence. Twice he took the ball out of our #2 picks hand on 3rd and short and we didn't convert. One of those 3rd and 2s he handed off the ball to the 3rd string RB. The other was a dumb gimmicky play that was mishandled by "QB" Cohen. Why does Mitch not have the ball in his hands?

Upon further review I'd give Mitch a B for this game. He played an injured Packers team at home and his coach didn't ask him to do much. Wobbly passes and the fumble aside, he did ok.
Nagy had Mitch throw shorter, and higher percentage, throws (and RB rushed more) so we could win the game.

Last game Trub was overthrowing the receivers and couldn't get into a rhythm. So this week he kept it tighter, safer, quicker throws for a QB who recently hurt his shoulder; let the Bears Defense setup some short fields and not play like they had to score 30pts. I'd say it worked. Zero int, 24 pts. The mistakes this game were Nagy's decisions, almost none from Mitch.

Now that Mitch had a good game, I'm sure Nagy will open up more deep passes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
...or maybe it's because the entire human race loves negativity over positivity.

I popped in last night to see two threads congratulating the team on victory and eleven threads crapping on the Packers with three threads calling-out a specific Packer fan.

Humans are just horrible creatures and they are all over the internet...soooooo....

I am surprised you are surprised that the OP is surprised. :yep:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

TBF that Packer fan is a massive troll who deserves to be called out.