Trubisky - Pocket Presence

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
I wish Mitch would run more of those Options too.

Last game, maybe it the an incomplete camera field-view, but I saw as least one play Mitch handed off to the RB who was obviously going into the Great Wall of China, where it looked like moving to the left was wide-open for Mitch to grab at least 5yds.

For rushing up the middle, I think the Bears might do better with more a spread offense formation, let Howard use his vision with some space and blocking.

Are these plays really read options? Mitch has above average awareness, and it seems crazy to me that he would pick, more often than not, the play more prone to failure - give the RB the ball and have him crash the wall.

Are they just RB runs with fake option? Is it more reduction of the playbook?

Agree with JoJoBoxer, the Bears needs to run it to show them it, early in the game.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Being Debbie Downer is not my style, but I wasn't that impressed. Yes, he awareness was good in the pocket but don't forget he did fumble. A couple of other things:

1. Where did the deep ball go? Seems he and Nagy have given up on it lately.
2. It seems Nagy doesn't trust Mitch a whole bunch and announcers seem to keep touching upon Mitchell's state of mind/confidence. Twice he took the ball out of our #2 picks hand on 3rd and short and we didn't convert. One of those 3rd and 2s he handed off the ball to the 3rd string RB. The other was a dumb gimmicky play that was mishandled by "QB" Cohen. Why does Mitch not have the ball in his hands?

Upon further review I'd give Mitch a B for this game. He played an injured Packers team at home and his coach didn't ask him to do much. Wobbly passes and the fumble aside, he did ok.

You sound a lot like my nephew,consuming to much of his for sale product!!!! It was all his doing not Nagy's calls, that the coach even stated after the game were his decisions.
But we know your not a Debbie

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's that clip: https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-escapes-sack-throws-for-first-down

It was a thing of beauty. Despite all the shit talking from national media, and some posters here, I think we have a special one guys. I can't wait to see how good he is year 2 under this system. Even where he is now, if he plays like he did yesterday, pretty sure we can go all the way. Saints will be tough in the dome (if things go that way), but I have a lot of faith in this defense.

The Fox led team Lost 20-12 in the dome last year. Personally I have to think today's BEARs team would stomp last year's team by at least 17pts
The BEARs have vastly improved. The Saints ?? How much have they improved ?? ( Can't answer that ) Maybe a Saint fan can pipe in and tell us why this year's version of the Saints would be favored by 2 TDs over last year's version ???

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just a quick Observation but I believe that Mitch has OVERCOME his "supposed inability" to pass Rolling Left ? Gabriel and Shaheen...
Also the beautiful pass to Trey Burton was to his Left while his feet got set within the pocket
Mitch is getting better

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totes agree with this and was genuinely upset to learn he was banned days before the game.

Can I unban him now so we can have our fun for the first time in literally a decade???

YES KekKekKek UnBan him Please

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You sound a lot like my nephew,consuming to much of his for sale product!!!! It was all his doing not Nagy's calls, that the coach even stated after the game were his decisions.
But we know your not a Debbie

You mean Mitch audibled from pass plays on those 3rd and shorts to a run up the gut with a third string RB and a stupid wildcat play on the other? Mitch is checking INTO those plays? There's no way.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You mean Mitch audibled from pass plays on those 3rd and shorts to a run up the gut with a third string RB and a stupid wildcat play on the other? Mitch is checking INTO those plays? There's no way.

also, is he saying his nephew is a drug dealer?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Trubs can be hot or cold but the Nagy has the players to adjust according to how he plays in a particular game. He really impressed with his ability to feel the pressure and get out of the pocket and make plays and usually they are positive yardage and 1st downs..sort of like Rodgers has done his entire career especially against the Bears..

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Are these plays really read options? Mitch has above average awareness, and it seems crazy to me that he would pick, more often than not, the play more prone to failure - give the RB the ball and have him crash the wall.

Are they just RB runs with fake option? Is it more reduction of the playbook?

Agree with JoJoBoxer, the Bears needs to run it to show them it, early in the game.
We can't know for sure, but some that I saw were at least made to look like read-option QB-RB rushes... made to draw some LB left to cover Mitch. But yeah, you have to run it more to sell it. I'm sure they don't want Mitch rushing more, considering his shoulder, but Mitch is a knowledgeable rusher who can play it safer than most.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch really moves well in the pocket. This is one of the big pluses about him that leaves me confident about his future. Once he can get his footwork more settled consistently, he will be amazing.

So, not too worried.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Love me some Trubiscuits and gravy in the mornin.

Warp Daddy

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Listen the deal with this kid is he IS an unguided missile and that is a plus . The D hasnt got a damn clue what in hell he is going to do , he can tuck it or chuck it and that makes him a PIA to defense .

That IS. His value , he is unpredictable

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I got pocket presents for ya. You like long pig?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The future with Missile Trubisky could be great. Maybe teams will learn to not blitz but contain. Problem is if he isn't pressured he does good with his arm. Just have to get the oline fixed.

Best nickname I’ve seen to date.

Missile sounds like Mitchell.

Well played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Well played

I got it from one of the sideline reporters. A "what did she say" moment, hey that would make a good nickname.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Well played

In the Chicago accent it sounds the same but most English speakers would say missILE, like in Nile. If you grew up around the Great Lakes that last vowel is more like missul.

I agree though, its better than Hyundai Mitch.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ ^ Sounds to me like the name should be...

Missile Michell

:thinking: :shrug: