Two Existential Problems Facing the Bears This Season

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long is terrible bot. When he was out last game our run blocking was decent. I feel bad for his decline but RG is a must this offseason

I don't really understand why they put him back out there after Coward (?) looked OK

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as I am concerned, QB is out of the equation now. Team just needs to assume they aren't that good and there is not a lot to be done right now. Maybe Trubs pulls through, but I don't think you can count on it.

What can change is effort on OL. Shit needs to get fixed right now.

Anyway, I think the point is that OL and discipline problems are correctable now.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
At least it wasn’t a divisional game or even an NFC loss. So that’s cool.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The way I’m seeing it long and Leno look like trash

Leno looks slow lethargic and penalty prone
Long is letting guys get pass him without even touching them. Idk how that is even possible

Running backs are mediocre as fuck also. It’s not just blocking
yes it is the blocking

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy just isn't the offensive mind that can get this team going. For a good bit today, I thought I was watching John Fox again. So many bad runs on 1st down when it was clear they weren't getting yards. If I'm Pace, I would be approaching him about turning over the playcalling duties to a real offensive coordinator. And also scouring the fire sale teams for an offensive lineman. It's truly baffling why they keep sending Long out there.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The issue is the O-line...they looked somewhat serviceable when Long went down last year. This year, they're dreadful with him in there. I think most there look at him as the leader...so they appear to be following his lead as far as play on the field goes(especially Leno).

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The two glaring problems beyond the QB spot is Long and Leno. They are both atrocious and should not be playing.

I could start nitpicking with Haha and his lame attempts at making a tackle. Maybe more Bush, less Dix.

But until they improve on the OL they are going nowhere. Especially with substandard QB play.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
“We’ve just gotta do our job better,” Leno said. “I don’t even want to keep on saying it, but it’s gotta start with me. I’m gonna go to this bye week and do some real deep searching and see how I can get better.

Well at least he realizes he's playing like garbage.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The two glaring problems beyond the QB spot is Long and Leno. They are both atrocious and should not be playing.

I could start nitpicking with Haha and his lame attempts at making a tackle. Maybe more Bush, less Dix.

But until they improve on the OL they are going nowhere. Especially with substandard QB play.

HHCD got ran over a guy by about 40lbs. Big whoop. Fuller was atrocious today.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two biggest problems are Nagy and QB. Not going anywhere until the former pulls his head out of his ass and there is competent play from latter.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
True

But the oline has generally been in place for 1.25 years and clearly looks better with long NOT part of the oline (last year and vs min)

MAKE THE FUKING MOVE

Hell...maybe coward sucks or gets hurt quickly and you get a pissed off long back in the lineup. It's not working now and they have 2 weeks to do something.

All that said, nothing will change.

I focused on Long today, he's really bad...IMO he's a bad backup bad at this point..has zero business in the starting lineup....i'm watching Quentin Nelson flatten people right now wondering if we could have had the defense from last week with Kwiat playing and Nelson on the line would be better than Roquan/Long

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

LeSueur

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can’t even watch other teams now it’s frustrating. They make it look so easy compared to whatever the hell Nagy is trying to do. I don’t know if I’ll ever be as mad after seeing Gruden mock Club Dub but we deserve it.

Reactions: DC

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I focused on Long today, he's really bad...IMO he's a bad backup bad at this point..has zero business in the starting lineup....i'm watching Quentin Nelson flatten people right now wondering if we could have had the defense from last week with Kwiat playing and Nelson on the line would be better than Roquan/Long
Nelson was drafted before Roquan so not sure what your point is unless you wanted another trade up.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nelson was drafted before Roquan so not sure what your point is unless you wanted another trade up.

Bears couldn't afford a trade up. But some on here were saying that the Bears came out ahead with Smith/Daniels over Nelson/Leonard. Smith has seemingly become a useless headache this season and Daniels at C has been disastrous.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Bears couldn't afford a trade up. But some on here were saying that the Bears came out ahead with Smith/Daniels over Nelson/Leonard. Smith has seemingly become a useless headache this season and Daniels at C has been disastrous.

I think Pace has backed himself into a corner w/ the trade ups...if you miss on them you don't have draft capital to backfill the mistake and have to pick that position again down the line. It's an interesting strategy borrowing from the future for the present, when you eventually lose your job no longer your problem and some other jamoke inherits your deficit.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Pace has backed himself into a corner w/ the trade ups...if you miss on them you don't have draft capital to backfill the mistake and have to pick that position again down the line. It's an interesting strategy borrowing from the future for the present, when you eventually lose your job no longer your problem and some other jamoke inherits your deficit.

He's toast. He banked on progression from the OL & Trubisky. neither happened, and was probably hoping Nagy could evolve as a playcaller/coach and nothing has been for the better.