Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So no Super Bowl this year?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Whatever, shit games happen. Not a big deal. Good news was Bears didn't quit after getting their ass whooped for two solid quarters. I liked the way they battled back. This was just one game and I don't really give a fuck about it.

However, looking more broadly, there are 2 problems that are existential in nature for this team imo and transcend a single game crap performance.

QB situation isn't one of them. Its not getting fixed this year, so whatever, bears have to work around it. It just is what it is.

This is what I am talking about tho:

1. Shit run blocking. Just fucking awful. Pass blocking is meh, but workable. Run blocking has been shit all year and bears are in big trouble if they can't do something about it

2. Undisciplined play. Bears were least penalized team last year. This year, fuckidiot penalties like taunting and false start every game. Fuck that. Undisciplined in the secondary too with sometimes shit angles and shit tackling effort.

If these two factors don't get fixed bears are in trouble unless Trubs suddenly becomes a stud.
They ARE in trouble. They just lost to the goddamn Raiders!!! The "super bowl" defense looked like any thing but and the offense still looks like shit. Daniel bless his heart is out there giving it his all but his talent isnt on par with his desire. Hes a 3re stringer/practice squad level qb thrust into a starting role.
The defense is already showing signs of fatigue and needs to spend less time on the field. 36 minutes they were on the field. They did their job at time only for the offense to let them down. This will wear the defense out as the season goes on and will get worse and worse. A tired defense is an injury prone defense. Remember I said it here first.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
On a side note...I was wrong about Robinson...I thought he'd be a WR where his best days were behind him. He's been the only offensive player to consistently perform well this year.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever, shit games happen. Not a big deal. Good news was Bears didn't quit after getting their ass whooped for two solid quarters. I liked the way they battled back. This was just one game and I don't really give a fuck about it.

However, looking more broadly, there are 2 problems that are existential in nature for this team imo and transcend a single game crap performance.

QB situation isn't one of them. Its not getting fixed this year, so whatever, bears have to work around it. It just is what it is.

This is what I am talking about tho:

1. Shit run blocking. Just fucking awful. Pass blocking is meh, but workable. Run blocking has been shit all year and bears are in big trouble if they can't do something about it

2. Undisciplined play. Bears were least penalized team last year. This year, fuckidiot penalties like taunting and false start every game. Fuck that. Undisciplined in the secondary too with sometimes shit angles and shit tackling effort.

If these two factors don't get fixed bears are in trouble unless Trubs suddenly becomes a stud.
I see what ur saying but I think the haters in here should relax a bit on biscuit.. I think he would be a good to great Qb if we had at least something that would resemble an oline and if we had better playing and less boneheaded moves by coach naggy.. look what shitty bridgewater is doing with the saints... instead it’s non stop shit talking on biscuit just the same way they did with cutler.. these fools aren’t happy with anything.. Some went as far as saying they would rather have Daniel over Trubisky which is a joke.. Hopefully it was mostly trolling, but I bet some were being more than serious smh..

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
On a side note...I was wrong about Robinson...I thought he'd be a WR where his best days were behind him. He's been the only offensive player to consistently perform well this year.
And he’s kind of getting better. I applaud him for not slumping around because of the anemic offense as a whole.

Dude made some great catches today.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I feel kind of bad for Robinson. Every ball he has caught in the NFL was thrown by Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Mitchell Trubisky or Chase Daniel.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys are going way overboard in your freak outs.

OP Bot got it right. It's OL shit run blocking and penalties out the ass that's cutting the offense down consistently. Just terrible.

Don't need to scrap the rest, but this car ain't running without and engine or driver hitting brakes instead of gas.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see what ur saying but I think the haters in here should relax a bit on biscuit.. I think he would be a good to great Qb if we had at least something that would resemble an oline and if we had better playing and less boneheaded moves by coach naggy.. look what shitty bridgewater is doing with the saints... instead it’s non stop shit talking on biscuit just the same way they did with cutler.. these fools aren’t happy with anything.. Some went as far as saying they would rather have Daniel over Trubisky which is a joke.. Hopefully it was mostly trolling, but I bet some were being more than serious smh..

Good to great? Fuck me you are beyond delusional. Trubisky in year 3 is a hopeless one-read, inaccurate QB who can't read a defense and can't run his own offense.

And please stop calling him biscuit. It's cringey af. An infantile nickname doesn't make him not suck.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Good to great? Fuck me you are beyond delusional. Trubisky in year 3 is a hopeless one-read, inaccurate QB who can't read a defense and can't run his own offense.

And please stop calling him biscuit. It's cringey af. An infantile nickname doesn't make him not suck.

Jesus, just saw Watson's numbers vs Falcons. I've said it before that I can live with missing on Mahomes, but we passed on Watson? Just sickening if you spend any time thinking about it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus, just saw Watson's numbers vs Falcons. I've said it before that I can live with missing on Mahomes, but we passed on Watson? Just sickening if you spend any time thinking about it.
I missed on Mahomes big time but my jaw hit the floor when Godell announced the Trubisky pick. I thought for sure the pick was going to be Watson. How Pace missed on both is beyond excusable.

Mitch never had the experience and the swagger to lead this team, called it early on in the draft process. But everyone here, minus a few, were sure Watson was the next Tebow and Mitch was the diamond in the rough. I said Watson would have been a superstar in Chicago and Mitch was a Ryan Tannehill clone.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I suppose a new OL is hard to find mid season? I was an outlier on the Hiestand hiring. As an Illini fan and his prior work with the Bears, I’ve never liked the guy. Anyone could look good at ND the way that they recruit, His Tennessee teams were $hit too.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Bears didn't pass on him. They traded up and gave up a pick to not get him. Brilliant.

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel? I've heard he is ok too.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Damn this board is fun to watch after a loss.... But Seriously, it does not look like we are built for a SB run this year. Good Offensive line play is a must, and this year everyone along the line has taken turns being really crappy, Long, Leno, Whitehair/Daniels and Massie only looks acceptable when he does not have Long next to him.

Not sure if it is possible to turn the O-line around and magically start opening up lanes for the RBs, but we have seen it before.

The Zone blocking scheme would seem to work better for a cut back type runner like Montgomery and Cohen, and if I am correct, we have been running Power because it works better with RPO?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This looks like an 8-8 team because of the OL and the QB.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

With me the biggest issue isn't isn't that Mahomes and Watson are better than Mitch but that ~25 other quarterbacks are also better than Mitch.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
After losing kareem hunt, , the chiefs have no running game
Chances are you wont slam their line about run blocking. Its the RB personnel.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It's the semantics- but I think QB is the biggest existential problem with the team right now, it's the main driver of the offenses identity. It's just not a problem that can be addressed this season so ironically the best course of action is to ignore it: get the most form what you got and focus on solutions in the offseason. Making a trade for a journeyman QB 5 games into the season is shortsighted at best.

The OL is just the biggest problem that has meaningful solutions available right now. I'm extremely disappointed that the team didn't take Long's "injury" as an excuse to effectively bench him without publically demoting him. He's clearly done, and you ruined a good chance for him to save face - "he's not benched for sucking, he's just injured.... perpetually for the rest of the season" The entire interior needs to be better, Cody and James need to be better, I will say it's interesting that a lot of the Daniels "highlights" I see on Kreutz twitter involve him blocking down linemen, but a lot of his lowlights are him whiffing on LBers in space. I'm not sure you want a C who can't block in space, but you can get by with a Guard who can't.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
It's the semantics- but I think QB is the biggest existential problem with the team right now, it's the main driver of the offenses identity. It's just not a problem that can be addressed this season so ironically the best course of action is to ignore it: get the most form what you got and focus on solutions in the offseason. Making a trade for a journeyman QB 5 games into the season is shortsighted at best.

The OL is just the biggest problem that has meaningful solutions available right now. I'm extremely disappointed that the team didn't take Long's "injury" as an excuse to effectively bench him without publically demoting him. He's clearly done, and you ruined a good chance for him to save face - "he's not benched for sucking, he's just injured.... perpetually for the rest of the season" The entire interior needs to be better, Cody and James need to be better, I will say it's interesting that a lot of the Daniels "highlights" I see on Kreutz twitter involve him blocking down linemen, but a lot of his lowlights are him whiffing on LBers in space. I'm not sure you want a C who can't block in space, but you can get by with a Guard who can't.

Well the bears didnt ruin their chance of saving face with long, given his history they can probably run that ploy u mentioned any day of the week.