Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Glenn is competitor. Will give a guy like Louis-Jean a run for his money...

AussieBear

i wanted to see these two, but they both end up with the jets

Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State
Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Walterfootball.com reports the Bears ave signed Jacoby Glenn, CB, UCF. A pretty nice pick up if true.
Good pickup. He was viewed as a third to fourth round prospect. Although raw, he has good size and has a complete game, playing well in both pass and run coverage. In the end, he should be able to beat out Terrance Mitchell and give Al Louis-Jean a run for his money.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
i wanted to see these two, but they both end up with the jets

Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State
Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama

I wanted them so bad. Both had a legitimate chance to make it through training camp and on to the roster.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
John Timu

College: Washington Number: 10
Height: 6-0 Weight: 243
Position: ILB Pos2: OLB

Pro Day Results

Dates: 04/02/15
Height: 6000
Weight: 243
40 Yrd Dash: 4.80
20 Yrd Dash: 2.74
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 33
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 09'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bryce Callahan - DB - Bears
Bears signed Rice CB Bryce Callahan.
Callahan (5'10/184) started all four years for the Owls, piling up 13 interceptions, 14 tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles. Although Callahan is undersized and overaged for a rookie -- he'll turn 24 in October -- he is a highly explosive athlete with a 4.32 forty time, 43 1/2-inch vertical, and 11-foot broad jump. Callahan is a bit of a tweener, as he lacks the bulk to handle big perimeter wideouts and is short on physicality, hurting Callahan's chances of flourishing in the slot. Callahan must add weight to become a meaningful NFL contributor.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DL Pierre Olsen [Miami] 6'5" 300lbs.

Olsen is a solid pick up. Played both inside and outside at the U, in both a 34, and 43 fronts. Nothing flashy, but a solid player that could add depth.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears list is solid.

But I do not see many, if any, players I expect to make the team.

There is no Christian Jones in this list.

I can't see how anyone can make a judgement on if a UDFA will make a team before he even steps foot on our practice field. I think a couple of these DB's in Jefferson and Carter have a chance. It looks like both dropped out of the draft mostly because of their 40 times which i think is overrated on some players cause some have football speed and don't do as well running a 40. It's obviously gonna be tough for any UDFA to make a team but if they can do good on ST then they'll eventually get their chance on defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bryce Callahan - DB - Bears
Bears signed Rice CB Bryce Callahan.
Callahan (5'10/184) started all four years for the Owls, piling up 13 interceptions, 14 tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles. Although Callahan is undersized and overaged for a rookie -- he'll turn 24 in October -- he is a highly explosive athlete with a 4.32 forty time, 43 1/2-inch vertical, and 11-foot broad jump. Callahan is a bit of a tweener, as he lacks the bulk to handle big perimeter wideouts and is short on physicality, hurting Callahan's chances of flourishing in the slot. Callahan must add weight to become a meaningful NFL contributor.

I've seen some good write ups on this kid. I really like that they're bringing in plenty of DB's in UD***ency cause i was wanting them to draft DB in every round from the 2nd round on. I was wanting them to go E.Rowe in the 2nd but Goldman fills a big need so i can't hate that.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I really, really like the additions of Jacoby Glenn, John Timu and Pierre Olsen. I don't get why Glenn went undrafted, and Pierre Olsen I love because of his name; seeing a black guy with a french first name and a danish last name is pretty darn rare!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears signed ECU NT Terry Williams 6' 330lbs.

Perhaps we will have to stop with the Fangio does not need big NTs stuff.

TheDane

Liked Posts:

He's proven that he doesn't necessarily need them in order to succeed. If he wants them is a different thing, and something points in the direction that he does.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't see how anyone can make a judgement on if a UDFA will make a team before he even steps foot on our practice field. I think a couple of these DB's in Jefferson and Carter have a chance. It looks like both dropped out of the draft mostly because of their 40 times which i think is overrated on some players cause some have football speed and don't do as well running a 40. It's obviously gonna be tough for any UDFA to make a team but if they can do good on ST then they'll eventually get their chance on defense.

Because to make it as an UDFA you often have to beat out a veteran or a draft pick and that is incredibly hard to do.

The Bears had 2 UDFA last season that was on the opening day roster.

Now throughout the season Louis-Jean and Hurst worked themselves of the PR and onto the team.

I don't see a lot of positions outside of S where it will be remotely easy to secure a spot, injuries being the wildcard. For example on the OL they will probably keep 8 guys on the roster, maybe 9.

Bushrod
Slauson
Grasu
Long
Mills

Ola
Montgomery
Leno
Fabujule

Now an UDFA needs to probably knock off one of those guys and that is not even including Groy who got reps last season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My honest hope for the UDFA class is that the Bears can possibly find an active roster safety and 3-4 guys who flash in preseason that they an stash on the PR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's proven that he doesn't necessarily need them in order to succeed. If he wants them is a different thing, and something points in the direction that he does.

Exactly. He might prefer them but has proven that he doesn't need them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because to make it as an UDFA you often have to beat out a veteran or a draft pick and that is incredibly hard to do.

Now throughout the season Louis-Jean and Hurst worked themselves of the PR and onto the team.

I don't see a lot of positions outside of S where it will be remotely easy to secure a spot, injuries being the wildcard. For example on the OL they will probably keep 8 guys on the roster, maybe 9.

Bushrod
Slauson
Grasu
Long
Mills

Ola
Montgomery
Leno
Fabujule

Now an UDFA needs to probably knock off one of those guys and that is not even including Groy who got reps last season.

Thank you but i understand how it all works, i was saying that to say right now that none of them will make the team is ridiculous cause you don't know. I actually think some of these kids have a chance, and lets face it, we don't have a team full of great players that they'll be competing with as of now.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:

Bushrod
Slauson
Grasu
Long
Mills

Ola
Montgomery
Leno
Fabujule

Don't forget Christian Jones ....so they had 3....

engbear

Liked Posts:

I mocked Willams to Bears in 6th on a thread here somewhere. Don't see him sticking now we drafted Goldman though.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
"He[Shane Carden] looks like he's throwing a javelin and he is on the wrong side of where we want quarterbacks to be in terms of athleticism, arm strength and accuracy, but his intangibles are way up there. I absolutely love his competitive nature but I wish he had better traits." -- AFC national scout

LOL

Chris Creekmore
Best qb VT played last year and that is even taking JT Barrett into account, this guy is so far ahead of any other qb it is unreal, to me he is one of if not the best qb in the draft, talent evaluators are really dropping the ball not taking this guy but then again look at tom brady and aaron rodgers…